Sign in to follow this  
BoomLion

how hard is it??

Hello so im not trying to make drama..but how hard is it for you to change how much it takes to gain gold rank....

i play in bronze cuz i suck.... an thats fine..but when the map starts to fill with DTers..it gets stupid... now i did a test today.. i was bronze i lost 31 missions in a row.. then i won 1 ..an was silver .. i mean WTF...  

can u not go in to the code an change how much it takes to get gold.. so that they cant DT in one bloody day..an come ruin peoples game the next day..

LO u have said u want a fair.fun game......

play in bronze and see what we have to deal with...its unfair an unfun.. u might get 1 misison in 20 thats fair... this only a problem in rbonze cuz no real gold player would dream of DTing... u say u dont like DTing.. then plz prove it do something about .. i dont know ho0w hard it is.. but the easyist way is make geting gold harder..50000% harder..then when they get gold they cant DT i one they have to go play inn silver... u dont want golds in silver ..lock all maps to whatever peopel r.. NOT any of teh real gold players would care if they could not get in to silver..some players been gold forever..they wont care...match maker is fine for them...but us that r not pros..havein to fight a full gold team,,just geting pwned i cant take it no more.. so plz plz LO sort this...lock teh maps or something it cant be that hard..

Edited by Birmingham
me
  • Thanks 1

Have you read the roadmap? They've thought it all out and were determined on their decisions on what projects they want to prioritise first. Have patience and wait for them to really look at this issue with focus and not bring us some half assed solution because they had to rush it.

If the people you lose to on bronze district will have a harder time becoming gold, then they will stay silver, stay in bronze district, and you will continue to lose to them.

If there was an easy solution, it would already have been implemented. And as dude above says, it’s on the to-do list. In fact, threat and matchmaking is a priority right after the first engine upgrade to UE3.5 is finished and released.

so till then we have to deal with DTers.... come on man it cant be hard to lock severs to rank its just cant be..remove join anyway !!

Hopefully once we get GMs outside of social (what are they doing there anyways?), DTers will start being dealt with. 

Im with u my friend.After cheaters and lag/servers - matchmaking is the 3rd most important thing to fix.This is crucial mechanic LO must fix soon because the game loses a lot of players.After all besides customize and play missions theres nothing else to do in this game.And when u bad in 1st (like me) playn broken game is all u have left.Btw i saw research on internet that only 20% of the people overall have creative talents.So this means only 20% of the apb community can be good designers (probably even less in this case) I think this is actually 1 of the reasons APB failed in 1st place.RTW team was thinkin that they will make something revolutionary when u give this options in gta type of game and the result was that most of the players dont care about customization and they want just to play good gta type of game with a lot of options to do in the world.Of course the other reasons why apb failed in my opinion was - team up with EA and making the game b2p and sub. in same time (also the shooting was horrible)

Edited by BingoBookBG

21 minutes ago, Birmingham said:

31 missions in a row.. 

What even is life?

Anyways, an advice from ex-bronze dist player. The skill gap in the game is huge. There is a vast diff in gameplay between a bronze and silver dist player.

In bronze we cook nades and throw it to kill an enemy. Whereas in silver dist, nades are thrown like percs..jus to flush out an enemy from where he is hiding.

They jus rely on fast movements and reflexes. Common mistakes in bronze district which the bronze players do are..if u are in a vehicle with a teammate, u jus jump outta the car and tryna kill the enemy whos on the street. By the time, u get down..there are high chances that if he kills u first, ur teammate is highly likely to die as well.

To maintain a solid threat lvl, hang out more in fc, use the mods which is suitable for u..dont use the same mods that others use. I use reflex sight 1 and ir3 on my star 556. On shaw556 i use the heavy barrel 2 instead of ir3. Muzzle brake dint help me much tbh. On ntec i use hb2, hs3.

Avoid guns which doesnt suit u.. improving is diff, bt as a newbie u shd gain confidence with certain weapons. When u feel confident enough, use those guns on fc, improve ur gameplay and play in mission dist. In fc theres lot of areas in terms of improvement. U get a mixed variety of players where u can learn a lot.

Experience in gameplay with 31 missions in bronze district is jus equivalent to 5 matches in fc.

just so u know im not no newbie... i lost teh missions as a test to see what it takes.. an its just to easy to loss gold.. how about do a test .. lock bronze to max rank R150..

Give 3x as much rewards for playing in the right thret lvl

u get nothing if u dont..

4 minutes ago, Birmingham said:

just so u know im not no newbie... i lost teh missions as a test to see what it takes.. an its just to easy to loss gold.. how about do a test .. lock bronze to max rank R150..

Give 3x as much rewards for playing in the right thret lvl

u get nothing if u dont..

Threat as acct bound ffs.. ppl will jus keep an extra char slot and keep the character R20.

Also, I play for fun so i dont want extra rewards and how abt i play in bronze?

Wow ur a genius. Edited by Defibrillator

31 minutes ago, BingoBookBG said:

Btw i saw research on internet that only 20% of the people overall have creative talents.So this means only 20% of the apb community can be good designers (probably even less in this case) I think this is actually 1 of the reasons APB failed in 1st place.RTW stuff was thinkin that they will make something revolutionary when u give this options in gta type of game and the result was that most of the players dont care about customization and they want just to play good gta type of game with a lot of options to do in the world.

I REALLY don't think that's the case with APB.  Just because only 20% of people overall have creative talent doesn't mean that only 20% of the APB community has creative talent.  That's because the majority of players are brought in by the creative aspects of the game with the promise of an amazing level of customization.  Sure, a lot may join for the shooting aspect, but it's not like the entire world's population is playing APB, so that statistic doesn't necessarily correlate to the in-game community.  That would be like saying that Call of Duty is popular because everyone wants to join the military.  

I mean the character customization is what a huge amount of the hype for Black Desert Online came from, and it was the same for APB back in the day.  

Edited by BrandonBranderson

It is a bit of a joke how easy it is to get gold and even high gold and it creates many unfair matchups in the higher end of the threat spectrum too which are even worse than what you deal with in bronze id imagine. Because the enemies are alot more skilled and the game treats you the same as them when there is a clear big skill gap. But at the same time its one way to help you improve and they can sometimes be fun.

The previous system from open beta with bronze silver gold 1-10 was much harder to gain threat and made there an actual point to winning which was very enjoyable and felt good when you went up but at the same time many people would play ultra lame to try and win.

1 minute ago, Raichu said:

It is a bit of a joke how easy it is to get gold and even high gold and it creates many unfair matchups in the higher end of the threat spectrum too which are even worse than what you deal with in bronze id imagine. Because the enemies are alot more skilled and the game treats you the same as them when there is a clear big skill gap. But at the same time its one way to help you improve and they can sometimes be fun.

The previous system from open beta with bronze silver gold 1-10 was much harder to gain threat and made there an actual point to winning which was very enjoyable and felt good when you went up but at the same time many people would play ultra lame to try and win.

No the game does not treat gold and high gold the same. Matchmaking still uses the underlying 'ELO/Rating' for its calculations. The previous system compared to now is no different except for how your threat is displayed to you.

6 minutes ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:
8 minutes ago, Raichu said:

No the game does not treat gold and high gold the same. Matchmaking still uses the underlying 'ELO/Rating' for its calculations. The previous system compared to now is no different except for how your threat is displayed to you.

You misunderstand what I am saying. I know that system is in the background but im talking about how much harder it was to get gold back then. And 2 players who are both high gold, but one is much better than the other get treated the same. Because getting high gold threat is easy.

Silver 7 is now gold last time I checked. Regardless, you can afk missions and hit gold by accident.

If you can't hit gold in APB you're either purposely not trying to for whatever reason (Drunk APB is hands down best APB), or you are a solo player who refuses to listen/ask for help.

How you gain or lose threat is purely based on how well you perform in each mission. If you constantly perform better than half the players in the mission, your threat will increase and vice vesa. At least, that is how I remember it being explained to me.

If I may, maybe you should think more along the lines of "how hard would it be to make a matchmaking system that is built to sharpen players by matching them against like-skilled players, that are within a certain identifiable number set that is either lower or higher than your own, so you can actually learn to play the game correctly rather than fight bronzes all day?" The answer to that my friend is to remove your god complex, assume when people fight you and win, they are good players, and make good friends that can help you sharpen your wit and skills.

The original game didn't have threat segregation, because the matchmaking system was designed to work without it. Threat Segregation is why bronzes suck so bad. Threat Segregation removes the need to get better at this game. Threat Segregation gives you a place to hide and get an easy game, instead of playing hard with the big boys. You're soft because you let yourself be soft. Get some of the silver people who are kicking your patootie in bronze on a discord with you, come to silver, and rip me a new one!

Edit: I got passionate and ahead. Point was the game would be fine if we were all stuck in the same servers, with the desire to play the game well, instead of farming people with low end systems and bad reflex time, and that ultimately it's your choice to sit in bronze and not learn how to play right. the game requires positioning, map knowledge, practice driving, reflexes, emotion control, muscle memory, and a steady hand. If you really are that afraid to go into a silver district, start working on the things I just listed outside of the game.
Driving and Map knowledge comes automatically, find an empty district and explore for a few hours. Ram Raiding also helps.
Aim/Reflex Training:
https://aim400kg.com/
APB General Guide:
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=379180211

Edited by CrunkGirl

Dear OP,

Sorry you cannot continue to stomp noobs.

Sorry you have to play where you belong.

JK, Im not sorry.

-APB

Thankfully this old man does not have the aim or the sheer will to play hard enough to gain Gold. It is possible if APB was my main game but since it's current state It's back up to DbD. Yes yes yes I recently purchased premium so big hope for the future!

Edited by Danimal

3 hours ago, Birmingham said:

so till then we have to deal with DTers.... come on man it cant be hard to lock severs to rank its just cant be..remove join anyway !!

listen!!

G1 already tried this in the past and it was terrible. I can suggest you find a clan or some friends to play with to help you understand the game better and eventually move away from DTers area

Edited by Zalman18

Sign in to follow this