Sign in to follow this  
professionalgamer

game still broken

Watch this and you will understand how bad apb server infrastucture realy is.

9 hours ago, Techdev said:

APB sends and recieves data every 0.2 seconds (4x/s), however the server processing time averages at about 30 MS because the district has so many moving parts. the average real ping of a player within the correct server for their country is at least:30ms, and at most 150ms I don't see how a video of black ops 3's shitternet code is relevent to an open world TPS like APB, but there's hard proof that the netcode for APB is 10x better than BO3 considering. Edited by CrunkGirl

9 hours ago, Techdev said:

This has absolutely nothing to do with APB, APB is a game that runs on a dedicated server (obviously), and the information at the start is nice for people who don't understand tick rates and other terms, but the actual video has nothing to do with APB, BO3 is not even running on the same engine as APB, so this information couldn't be of any less use.

It is about bad server prediction/lag compensation, as explained in the video. watch from 11.45m. Exactly the same way as apb. 

anyone tested APB as he did with "NetLimiter" ?

As i know APB has quite good net code im assuming that only servers are overloaded so thats why game lags as fuk

ps. not read anythink above not watched video

Edited by TheSxW

@TheSxW sry you should, I've had good lesson but I'm bad at net (still learning)

Edited by Dahel

As explained in the video, as tested on multiple platforms and providers myself.
I spend alot of money on hardware and fiber connections, I always get the same outcome, server performance vs high latency players.(servers run great at restart but degrade verry fast) 

APB's low server tick rate , around 20 at best wich used to be closer to 30. The server has much to low update speed to handle high latency players(warping), so good latency players suffer ghost shots and bad hitreg on those high latency players, logical yes.

@Dahel Love the way you help ppl out, +1

P.S. You can always run a tracert to the server (not sure if the server ip is still valid, can't test it cause the servers are down atm)

Tiggs
Jan. 22, 2014, 7:14 a.m.
(Jan. 22, 2014)
I've created this post today for players to report lag issues or service outages. If you have problems once the server is up please let us know below. 

Additionally, if you're experiencing excessive lag issues please post a traceroute below to the server you're connecting to along with where you're geographically located. 

]To run a traceroute and copy the results to us:

Click Start
Go to Programs
Go to Accessories
Select Command Prompt
Enter the word tracert followed by space then the ip address of the server you are trying to connect to. 
Right click anywhere on the command window and select ‘mark’
You can press Enter to copy all of the output, or select the text you want to copy and then right-click with your mouse. 
Paste the copied text into a .txt file by hitting Ctrl + V.

Server IP addresses 
Joker:

Colby / Han:

Patriot / Obeya:

For example, if I wanted to run a traceroute to Obeya I would type:
tracert 173.195.41.254 

Edited by Techdev
tracert info