So I just got done playing a mission in citadel. Mission which started in variety of guns on both sides ended in 4 HVRs and 1 obeya 1aces due to long range points. 
I'm an oldie ( 2012-2016 mainly)  and I don't remember the HVR meta being so dominating. I tried to play manic or ntec, but eventually was forced to use HVR.
If this mission was 2015 it wouldn't have ended in qs peeing contest. So what happened? Is it the russian majority who forces us to this meta, or something else?

Edited by Luminesca

Honestly anyone rocking an nhvr and has a friend with a dogear or something that has great aim u are instantly dead wherever u are lol

4 minutes ago, Luminesca said:

So I just got done playing a mission in citadel. Mission which started in variety of guns on both sides ended in 4 HVRs and 1 obeya 1aces due to long range points. 
I'm an oldie ( 2012-2016 mainly)  and I don't remember the HVR meta being so dominating. I tried to play manic or ntec, but eventually was forced to use HVR.
If this mission was 2015 it would haven't ended in qs peeing contest. So what happened? Is it the russian majority who forces us to this meta, or something else?

the gradual nerfing of all the direct competitors to the hvr has brought us to this point

back in obt trying to kill an obeya with an hvr was suicide - i dont think we should get back to that specific balance, but currently theres really nothing that threatens an hvr much

Edited by BXNNXD
typo

If you were playing solo I understand, if you were in a team, simply stepping back for a moment, regrouping and coordinating will usually work.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Nanometic said:

If you were playing solo I understand, if you were in a team, simply stepping back for a moment, regrouping and coordinating will usually work.

Quite a few people find this difficult to do. It's surprisingly easy to get into the trap of rushing the same location over and over again with little to no plan and hoping that reflexes and skill compensates for the lack of any tactics.

On 7/10/2018 at 4:47 AM, Luminesca said:

If this mission was 2015 it wouldn't have ended in qs peeing contest. So what happened? Is it the russian majority who forces us to this meta, or something else?

stop whining and get good.

#silverproblems

On 7/10/2018 at 11:58 AM, Ignas / qsn said:

Can't you just hide behind the corner and avoid being qs'ed?
And in 2015 Aspasia would've qs'ed the shit out of you so it's not an excuse.

Back in 2015 aspacia would be using CSGs and Scout Jumpshot (much like everyone). Which, honestly was a far more fun time than the hvr snooze fest it comes to nowadays. Edited by Shini

15 minutes ago, Ignas / qsn said:
1 hour ago, Shini said:
Back in 2015 aspacia would be using CSGs and Scout Jumpshot (much like everyone). Which, honestly was a far more fun time than the hvr snooze fest it comes to nowadays.
Uhm, HVR + RSA was all I saw from them back in 2015.
That was all you saw? Really?

Sign in to follow this