Sign in to follow this  
Pranking

(GAME) Old turf war idea

https://forums-old.gamersfirst.com/topic/345701-turf-war-action-district/

"This has been mentioned before on several occasions in one way or another. Especially when the Chaos action district came and went. I imagine it would be perfect name since I've noticed turf wars has been advertised as a part of the game originally.
What I would like to see wouldn't be much. The whole district available like chaos. Maybe even those decent spawns they made for it. And just the large capture and hold circles dotted across the map in choice locations. Not sure how many. Enough so they can't all be easily defended by one side and so newer/ less skilled players can contribute. And lastly a simple score counter. Preferably long matches to capture the feel of it being a ongoing fight.

I believe the snowball fights were a taste of what is to come and I'm not sure how to feel about it. I would like to see the whole district used and not just one area switching around the district where you have to be inside of the zone to participate. Maybe they have some good stuff in mind. I just hope it doesn't bomb and empty out after the first week.

What would you like to see in a turf war district?"

And bring back 50 vs 50(or more) if districts can handle it imo.

Edited 4 minutes ago by Pranking

5 minutes ago, Pranking said:

https://forums-old.gamersfirst.com/topic/345701-turf-war-action-district/

"This has been mentioned before on several occasions in one way or another. Especially when the Chaos action district came and went. I imagine it would be perfect name since I've noticed turf wars has been advertised as a part of the game originally.
What I would like to see wouldn't be much. The whole district available like chaos. Maybe even those decent spawns they made for it. And just the large capture and hold circles dotted across the map in choice locations. Not sure how many. Enough so they can't all be easily defended by one side and so newer/ less skilled players can contribute. And lastly a simple score counter. Preferably long matches to capture the feel of it being a ongoing fight.

I believe the snowball fights were a taste of what is to come and I'm not sure how to feel about it. I would like to see the whole district used and not just one area switching around the district where you have to be inside of the zone to participate. Maybe they have some good stuff in mind. I just hope it doesn't bomb and empty out after the first week.

What would you like to see in a turf war district?"

And bring back 50 vs 50(or more) if districts can handle it imo.

Edited 4 minutes ago by Pranking

Wait so like a very large and slow area cap hold and just fight over it for rewards or something?

Sorry I didn't feel like reading through the old forum

Edited by Dexem

Area hold is a very old game mode (and is even part of some final stages of the APB missions), and I don't think it would be as popular anymore. I don't think it's a good idea to segregate the community further by adding additional districts for new game modes, at this point in time.

However, maybe using the snowball fights as a reference isn't such a bad idea, where an area would spawn randomly in a normal district, and whoever entered it would be able to participate in faction vs faction combat to decide control over that area. A problem with this could be that it could disrupt normal missions, and even matchmaking if it would go on for too long (more than 5 minutes).

48 minutes ago, Dopefish said:

Area hold is a very old game mode (and is even part of some final stages of the APB missions), and I don't think it would be as popular anymore. I don't think it's a good idea to segregate the community further by adding additional districts for new game modes, at this point in time.

However, maybe using the snowball fights as a reference isn't such a bad idea, where an area would spawn randomly in a normal district, and whoever entered it would be able to participate in faction vs faction combat to decide control over that area. A problem with this could be that it could disrupt normal missions, and even matchmaking if it would go on for too long (more than 5 minutes).

Smaller world events like that would be a cool way to switch up the pacing, although like you said with the limited amount of players in a single district it would definitely have an impact on matchmaking, as not everyone would be interested in participating in those events