Sign in to follow this  
VickyFox

New Threat and Match making fixes + others ideas

Rank is not a good representation of player's skill level, and threat isn't a good representation of player's experience

An account wide combination of both rank and threat is needed for a new threat algorithm I believe would be more accurate.

A new threat system is need for match making which would factor in total account wide Action, Fight Club and Open Conflict hours spent, a running average performance during missions, as well as total account wide ranking (with consideration of how many hours old their respected characters are to offset new characters lowering ranks).

The results would in theory make it harder to dethreat with more factors, and a more accurate representation of a player's performance overall when experience in Open Conflict and Fight Club are also considered when it is currently not for these districts.

To compliment this threat system, removal of threat segregation would further remove any remaining incentive to dethreat with players mixed with implementation of a Open Conflict style Match making system:

Low threat players are paired up with high threat players on both teams in an effort to try an encourage team work and to help improve newer players, Threats and ranks I think should still be visible though.

In the event of players forming group, the opposing team will's match making will revert to default and find the best matching threat players. So there should not be a case of a single bronze threat player against a team of multi gold threat players.

To reduce toxicity, accusations of cheating and to promote further self improvement of newer players: Death cams to review how opposing players came about their successful plays.

Yes death cams have been suggested before but they are a priceless tool in becoming a better player in action games to see where mistakes were made, to verify first hand that a play was legitimate, and seeing other player's perspective may help players feel more connected.

I won't go too deep into the psychology because I am not going to pretend that I have a degree in it... The view of an individual may devalue those who the individual are not as interactive (or connected) with, this is leads to toxic behaviour, speculation and second guessing. Death cams would eliminate most of the guess work.

---

Other suggestion just for convenience:

Contacts for all Fight Club districts including Bayland, Beacon and "Riot", these contacts can just be generic faction characters as seen in Chaos District/Anarchy Mode

Removal of team leadership for 2 person teams, instead both players should be treated as equal partners and collectively can vote together to call for back up or not.

Option to Veto should be allowed if a Team Leader is away form keyboard or displaying actions which are not contributing to the mission in any way shape or form, then a new team leader may be selected be selected.

VIP vote for VIP mission would be a new UI which would allow for teams to vote on who they would like to have as the team's VIP, teams will have 25 seconds to quickly find someone that feels comfortable of taking such a role, of course neither team will be able to see the opposing team's votes numbers or nominations. If both teams are in agreement with their respected VIPs before the 25 seconds are up, then the timer will stop and the game will start automatically.

This suggestion is mainly in consideration of players that are unprepared in weapons, vehicle or modification load outs and supplies, or newer players who may not be familiar to the role and mission type. This suggestion would also apply to VIP mission in normal action districts as well as Fight Club.

Edited by VickyFox

I personally do not agree in mixing high skilled players with low skilled players, even if the team is balanced. For low skill ones its crap cuz he hardly has any 1v1 chance against anyone resulting in unsatisfying gameplay. And the high skill ones will whine about their crap team member and how he is the biggest noob. I believe this suggestion might bring even more toxicity.