Kempington

Kempington Incoporated presents: The Monthly Theme Scene

Hello!

Due to the fact that Kempington doesn't update a thread with rules for last musician standing, I'd like to do it instead him on the rights of the Keeper of the Themes. @Kempington would correct me if I explain something wrong.

Let me tell you first about last musican standing (LMS). LMS - last part of theme scenes (of the first season): only winners from previous rounds may take a part in it. Now I can explain the main rules.

RULES:

1. Only winners from previous rounds can participate in LMS (the list of winners exists as a first message in this thread);
  2. The date of LMS - 17th of november (saturday), at evening;
  3. The participants should show 2 (3 for people who goes through to the four finalists):
  •  a new theme (any genre, any lenght) which you think is the best;
  •  a lost tape. Interesting idea by Kempington: people get a pair by a lottery (have already got) and make a theme in the main genre of each over

Our pairs:

a) schlepstein - Vacancy

b) LIF - esgobar

c) Qooooooo - swindle

d) Arwoss - vintMint

e) Boofu - Snakeyio

In this way participants show their ability to adapt to different genres;

•  any theme which you have ever created and can prove you own creator's account. You can also take your lost tape or theme which was made special for it, doesn't matter. As I said you're available to show the third theme only if you go through to finalists.

PRIZES:

The first place - 200£ 

The second place - 100£ 

The third place - 50£

The fourth place - 25£

(via PayPal)

See you at 17th of november!

Edited by Arwo
fixed typos, added design
  • Thanks 1

Gah, sorry for being so lazy and not updating this more promptly. The above is correct and I will be ammending the OP with this information. Thanks again and sorry for being a letdown @Arwo

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

Hey!
I want to remind you that Last Musician Standing is approaching!
The date - 17th of november (in one week) as I said earlier. You will check it yourself at twitch.tv/kempington
@Kempington will give the exact time later. First we are waiting for our participants: schlepstein, Vacancy, LIF, esgobar, Qooooooo, swindle, Arwoss, vintMint, Boofu and Snakeyio. But the most important people are you, dear viewers. I'm sure it'll be really interesting event and stream in apb in the past half of year.
See you later!

UPD: Sorry, I have watched Kempington's stream of yesterday and heard that time for LMS is 10 pm GMT. Apologise for failure to provide the exact information earlier.

Edited by Arwo
Added the exact time of LMS

Hello.
This time i won't say something about approaching of lms. Just watch it.

• Thanks 1
  • Dislike 1

Hello!

This video is a compilation of key points of the Last Musician Standing which was occurred at 17th of november, 2018. Our winner is Propanity (aka schlepstein); vintMint has taken the second place, LIF - 3th, Vacancy - 4th. All of them have got the real money on their PayPal wallets, so congratulations to them! Also Kempington have given away a special exclusive theme for people who was in the finalists' list. The record of it will appear soon on my channel.

Regards to Kempington. Hope we'll see a new season next year. In a new way, ofc.

• Like 2

I have registered here just to learn if somebody knows anything about the second season of this contest. Who can tell? There were no news since we had last round. Thanks.

As far as I'm aware, the next season will be happening some time next year - so no more contests for the rest of 2018.

16 hours ago, MartinPL said:

As far as I'm aware, the next season will be happening some time next year - so no more contests for the rest of 2018.

Thanks, that's good to know it. 

Sadly, but the main organizer doesn't update this thread, and the only thing which I could find after the last contest - that compilation of key points by Catling Kenway (by the way, thanks him or her). Actually, it'd be good to see the official information about results of last contest and the future of theme scenes, but not the rumors. 

23 hours ago, FDGheen said:

Thanks, that's good to know it. 

Sadly, but the main organizer doesn't update this thread, and the only thing which I could find after the last contest - that compilation of key points by Catling Kenway (by the way, thanks him or her). Actually, it'd be good to see the official information about results of last contest and the future of theme scenes, but not the rumors. 

Alright. I'm not Kempington but I can give some information about the next season. I have learned about it when I was talking with him after the last musician standing.

Firstly, @Kempington accepts that organization of last musician standing wasn't perfect and he's going to fix it in the future, to prevent it in the next rounds.

As @MartinPL said before, the next season won't be started before 2019.

There was also a talk about voting system. That's not a secret that it's too easy to hack votes at strawpoll, changing ip address via vpn browser's extensions. There will be a new voting system where people can vote only one time. And where there's no chance to see the amount of votes before voting finishes.  Btw, we won't probably have any judges in the next season.

As for blind audition - Kempington is sure he would blur nicknames and participants would show their themes via marketplace. But ofc people wouldn't know the nickname of creator. They will vote for theme, but not for nickname.

Also you probably know that this contest has become monthly. That's why there'll be 3 (!) prize places (100£, 50£, 25£). The most important thing here is when somebody gets the first place he can't participate until Last Musician Standing. I wanted to offer him forbidding to take a part for people who gets 100£ in amount (for example, 25+25+25+25, or 50 + 50, or 50 + 25 + 25), but @Kempington hasn't answered me. Yes, I know there could be situations when people get 50 + 25 and 100 pounds and basically they can get more than 100£, but it'd prevent situations when participant can't get the first place in any time, however he's a good creator for taking a part in last musician standing.

That's all I can say. I'd prefer to wait for more official information.

Edited by Arwo