Kempington

Kempington Incoporated presents: The Monthly Theme Scene Season 2

6ZR9lr0.png

Kempington Incorporated Presents...

The Theme Scene

SEASON 2

EVENT OVER

It was fun while it lasted, but sadly people have ruined this event for their own personal gain. I'm very disappointed in those individuals who saw fit to try and manipulate this so they could win the prize money.

Kempington Incorporated would like to proudly announce a new, exciting initiative for all those budding music creators out there.

Everybody loves a good jingle, so why not get rewarded for producing the best theme of the week? Might sound a bit too good to be true, well the pioneer run of this event already happened last week, with plenty of entrants and fantastic tunes created.

Potentially and ambitiously set as a MONTHLY event, entrants must create an in-game theme. In-case you were wondering, yes, it has to be created in the same month as submission. No previous creations allowed here, we want to see what new and creative entries you can come up with in the span of a week.

Given that you do submit a theme, there are a couple of rules you must abide by (those will be covered in just a moment in a clear and concise manner). To make things a little fairer, you can only submit one theme. Of course, make sure it's your best one (if you've made more than one in a week, though that'd be surprising!).

Now, I hear you ask "Well, what's the prize for this? What's the point in participating?". Intrigued by the sound of £100 to your paypal account? Somehow, I think you might be.

Also, if this contest gathers some momentum, we might just change the prizes to be even sweeter!

Give it your best shot. Make some magic in the theme studio.

Now then, onto the details of this competition:

Submission rules:

1. One theme per entrant. This is done on CITADEL.
  2. No stolen themes, please. I know there's a way to rip an equipped theme from another character you inspect. When asked, if you could put the theme on the marketplace for clarification (if needed), that would be great.
  3. No previous themes. The theme has to be created in the month. As much as I love some of the themes that are already in-game, I want to see what you ladies and gentlemen can come up with, under a time span.
  4. No Collaborations. This has to be ALL your own work. I will no longer accept collaborations between two or more individuals.

How the voting is conducted:

The "Relegation" round is where we start trimming the fat. Both shortlists will be reduced to 4 semi-finalists per server. In some cases, it'll just be too difficult to choose which are the best four, which is where it now comes down to you. I will host a temporary strawpoll with the potential entrants who could progress through if a decision can't be made and it'll be down to you to decide who progresses.

The "Semi-Final" is where the two lists of 4 players (one from each server), is reduced to 2 finalists, per server. Whilst I'll have my favourites, all the entrants will be voted through by you. I no longer have a say on who I think should go through. It's down to you to decide.

The "Final"  is where we pick one person from both servers to go into a head-to-head. Again, the choice on who goes through is down to you.

The "Grand Final" is where we find out who has the "Theme of the Week" . We'll also make sure to get your opinion on who takes 3rd and 4th place, all the way down to 8th, just so we have a nice list.

A judge for Citadel and Jericho. I will try to have less impact on who gets through, since this is a community contest. I will try to get a judge from both citadel and jericho to help pick people to go through into the next rounds. I will still be having an input during the scouting and relegation rounds, however.

Kempington's favourite. I will try to have a "Kempington Favourite" that will be announced at the end of the competition, even if said person doesn't win. They will receive a smaller prize, but I'll update here when I find out what that is. 

The following criteria are considered:

Production Value (how much effort)

Creativity (doesn't have to be a tune. I've heard themes where gunshots are imitated and so on. I've also heard leboyce say "Ice ice baby") |

Quality

Accuracy (If you decide to do a rendition of a pre-existing song)

How to Submit:

- Create your Theme in the month!

- Prefix the theme with: TS2- (This has to be in the title!)

- Put your theme on the marketplace ON THE FRIDAY BEFORE THE COMPETITION . SEND THE THEME TO "CAINETHEJUDGE"

- The competition will then take place ON THE LAST SATURDAY OF EVERY MONTH , where viewers on the stream will vote through the themes they like the most to the finals. (If you submitted a theme, feel free to watch, as I'll need to contact you if you win to send you the prize!)

Next Round of Season 2

Saturday, 31th August

Submit your entries on Friday, 30th August!

Current Genre: Future Bass** (Make whatever you like)

Theme length limit: 15 seconds*

*The last note of the theme has to be played before 20 seconds is up. If you have delay on the note that repeats it after 15 seconds, that's ok. However, no more notes of the song can be played after 15 seconds.

**The genre of interest is Disco, meaning you will earn a multiplier effect to your votes if you enter with a theme that matches the Genre. YOU CAN ENTER WITH ANY THEME, AS LONG AS IT WAS CREATED IN THE MONTH, but you might not necessarily get through to the later rounds.

WE WILL HAVE 2 WINNERS FOR AUGUST!

Current Prize(s):

£100 to your paypal account

SEASON 2 PREVIOUS ROUNDS:

27/04/2019:

WINNER: Schlepstein

2nd: BentleyCoupe

3rd: Zaster

4th: Spanking

5th: vintMintt

6th: lowpass

7th: Vacancy

8th: FRANKTENPENNY187

30/03/2019:

WINNER: Qoooooo

2nd: Schlepstein

3rd: Egocentrism

4th: vintMint

5th: FRANKTENPENNY187

6th: lowpass

23/02/2019:

WINNER: Arwoss

2nd: Prayers

3rd: Duhund

4th: Esgobar

5th: Spanking

6th: Schlepstein

7th: Lowpass

8th: Boofu

PREVIOUS THEME SCENE COMPETITIONS:

SEASON 1 CHAMPION:

SCHLEPSTEIN

06/07/2018:

1ST PLACE: Esgobar (Citadel)

2nd Place: Swindle + Prayers (Jericho)

3rd Place: VintMint (Jericho)
4th Place: Carolean (Citadel)

5th: lowpass (Citadel)

6th: Vacancy (Citadel)

7th: ImJayy (Jericho)

8th: Furfect (Jericho)

13/07/2018:

1ST PLACE: Schleptstein (Jericho)
2nd Place: Esgobar (Citadel)
3rd Place: Arwoss (Jericho)
4th Place: lowpass (Citadel)
5th: vintMint (Jericho)
6th: Swindle (Jericho)
7th: Duhund (Citadel)
8th: Boofu (Citadel)

20/07/2018:

1ST PLACE: Swindle (Jericho)
2nd Place: VintMint (Jericho)
3rd Place: lowpass (Citadel)
4th Place: Vacancy (Citadel)
5th: orinahari (Citadel)
6th: Evangelism (Jericho)
7th: Esgobar (Citadel)
8th: moneytrade (Jericho)

27/7/2018:

1ST PLACE:
VintMint (Jericho)
2nd Place: Vacancy (Citadel)
3rd Place: majuler (Citadel)
4th Place: Achromasia (Jericho)
5th: lowpass (Citadel)
6th: Duhund (Citadel)
7th: Ekooz (Jericho)
8th: Negritude (Jericho)

3/08/2018:

(JOINT) 1ST PLACE: VintMint (Jericho)
(JOINT) 1ST PLACE: Vacancy (Citadel)
3rd Place: LIF (Citadel)
4th Place: Boofu (Jericho)
5th: Ekooz (Jericho)
6th: Arxontas62 (Citadel)
7th: Lumsheden (Citadel)
8th: Vitorax (Jericho)

10/08/2018:

1ST PLACE: Boofu (Jericho)
2nd Place: Treeuntz (Citadel)
3rd Place: lowpass (Citadel)
4th Place: VintMint (Jericho)
5th: schlepstein (Jericho)
6th: swindle (Jericho)
7th: Esgobar (Citadel)
8th: Duhund (Citadel)

17/08/2018:

1ST PLACE: Snakeyio (Citadel)
2nd Place: VintMint (Jericho)
3rd Place: Katilya (Citadel)
4th Place: Achromasia (Jericho)
5th: Ekooz (Jericho)
6th: AAMSS (Citadel)
7th: Martinz (Citadel)
8th: Prayers (Jericho)

24/08/2018

1ST PLACE: LIF (Citadel)
2nd Place: Arwoss (Jericho)
3rd Place: Qooooooo (Citadel)
4th Place: hba (Jericho)
5th: Lumsheden (Citadel)
6th: simplastic (Jericho)
7th: Boofu (Jericho)
8th: Martinz (Citadel)

31/08/2018

1ST PLACE: Arwoss (Jericho)
2nd Place: lowpass (Citadel)
3rd Place: Zinnedine (Citadel)
4th Place: simplastic (Jericho)
5th: Vacancy (Citadel)
6th: bombin (Citadel)
7th: Achromasia (Jericho)
8th: Nightriser (Jericho)

7/09/2018

1ST PLACE: Vacancy (Citadel)
2nd Place: Arwoss (Jericho)
3rd Place: LIF (Jericho)
4th Place: hba (Citadel)
5th: Egocentrism (Jericho)
6th: Arxontas62 (Citadel)
7th: Achromasia (Jericho)
8th: FRANKTENPENNY187 (Citadel)

14/09/2018

1ST PLACE: Qooooooo (Citadel)
2nd Place: LIF (Citadel)
3rd Place: Arwoss (Jericho)
4th Place: bombin (Citadel)
5th: lounge (Citadel)
6th: Boofu (Jericho)

7th: Snakeyio (Citadel)
8th: Arxontas62 (Citadel)

Edited by Kempington
31/08/2019 Event over
  • Like 12

but no rule on limiting themes to 5s? Breaking the intention and purpose of themes by exploiting the tempo and the first video on youtube linking to a cheat site. Not sure why that would be encouraged and rewarded these days even with something small as themes

I dare say, against all the edgy themes, last one was essentially a song contest. monkaS POGGERS

Smashing.

Edited by tennogrineer
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

This is a great idea but I have to agree with @tennogrineer that all the themes should be made using no length extension (or any other) exploits. Just the way themes were intended to be made in the game.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I think it is unfair to someone not using the extension exploit.

What about a second category for normal 5 second themes?

Edited by M4N!4C

Fair point. I don't feel 5 seconds is enough to make a good theme, though. Limit should be upped to 8-10 seconds honestly. 

However, we'll leave this open for this week, then next week, we'll enforce 5 seconds only.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, tennogrineer said:

but no rule on limiting themes to 5s? Breaking the intention and purpose of themes by exploiting the tempo and the first video on youtube linking to a cheat site. Not sure why that would be encouraged and rewarded these days even with something small as themes

I dare say, against all the edgy themes, last one was essentially a song contest. monkaS POGGERS

Smashing.

Lotus 😮 please come back!

I honestly feel as if hosting strawpolls isn't the right way to do this. It's way too easy to bot them to make someone win. You should just choose whichever one YOU like the most imo.

Edited by Parthian
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Lumshedens said:

I honestly feel as if hosting strawpolls isn't the right way to do this. It's way too easy to bot them to make someone win. You should just choose whichever one YOU like the most imo.

either this or add a pair of friends for a better judgemental decission

Kemp can pick a top 10 and then have Lixil pick the top 3 winners from that.
In addition, add a separate "popular vote" winner.

Edited by iodyne_
  • Like 1

I wanted to make sure that this wasn't a power hungry competition where people make themes that they think I will like. I mean there will always be popularity votes, but I wanted to make sure people had some weight in how the competition proceeded.

I'll do a test. For this time, I'll keep the polls open for the final few rounds.

Next week, I'll try to get 2 or 3 people to judge with me, but not tell me or discuss who they're voting for and make their votes independently then reveal at the end.

A thought:
Making already existing songs is easy compared to making original themes because that takes much more creative talent. Maybe that's something to take into account somehow.

Good initiative. I hope it goes well.

THEME SCENE IS NOW. We're on Citadel at the moment doing the scouting round. We'll be moving to Jericho very soon!

Man, that was an incredible contest this time round. Was really close, all the way to the end!

Congratulations to the winner, Schlepstein, with his incredible theme: please don't know-

So, some slight rule changes will be implemented for the next theme scene!

Rule Updates:

• 10 seconds MAXIMUM. This is the limit on how long the theme can be. I know it's longer than 5 seconds (which is the in-game max), but I feel that isn't long enough to have a full theme). I will be timing them. If it's longer, it's disqualified
  • No Collaborations. I've seen a few themes get through where it was a collaboration between two individuals. This has to be ALL your own work.

Voting Updates:
  • A judge for Citadel and Jericho. I will try to have less impact on who gets through, since this is a community contest. I will try to get a judge from both citadel and jericho to help pick people to go through into the next rounds. I will still be having an input during the scouting and relegation rounds, however.
  • Kempington's favourite. I will try to have a "Kempington Favourite" that will be announced at the end of the competition, even if said person doesn't win. They will receive a smaller prize, but I'll update here when I find out what that is.
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Arwo said:

The canonical spelling of schlepstein's nickname starts from little letter. :classic_biggrin: Btw there's a typo in the top-list of the second contest.
Honestly it was really interesting and very funny. But everybody knows that nobody has a chance against schlepstein (aka Propanity aka god of themes). Next time, Kemp, you should make him a judge.
It's a pity i won't have a possibility to come the game and take a part for a month, but i'll try to see a stream at least hahah.
Yesterday somebody told that you should play with the rules of this contest to make it more intriguing. I think it's reasonable.

I dunno Arwo, I've listened to your NA themes before on the market and thought they were great when I was still on NA, I added you to my friends to try and cop a private theme, but unfortunately, I'm not playing NA much anymore and my EU chars are poor. 😄

On 7/14/2018 at 10:35 AM, Kempington said:

Man, that was an incredible contest this time round. Was really close, all the way to the end!

Congratulations to the winner, Schlepstein, with his incredible theme: please don't know-

So, some slight rule changes will be implemented for the next theme scene!

Rule Updates:

• 10 seconds MAXIMUM. This is the limit on how long the theme can be. I know it's longer than 5 seconds (which is the in-game max), but I feel that isn't long enough to have a full theme). I will be timing them. If it's longer, it's disqualified
  • No Collaborations. I've seen a few themes get through where it was a collaboration between two individuals. This has to be ALL your own work.

Voting Updates:
  • A judge for Citadel and Jericho. I will try to have less impact on who gets through, since this is a community contest. I will try to get a judge from both citadel and jericho to help pick people to go through into the next rounds. I will still be having an input during the scouting and relegation rounds, however.
  • Kempington's favourite. I will try to have a "Kempington Favourite" that will be announced at the end of the competition, even if said person doesn't win. They will receive a smaller prize, but I'll update here when I find out what that is.
Also can you try to make sure that the winner, isn't judged by a very good friend, like last time aka swindial, from the beginning he was voting propanity.... I mean they group and voice chat with each other a lot of the years. Swindle had a bias for Prop to win. I think esgo was the clear winner. Someone had to say it. ALso not everyone, knows how to do the glitch to make their theme longer. Id prop is a judge this time, he's just going to vote for his friends. He should be removed from the contest this time. Either he will win again, or his friends will. EU, doesn't have a solid chance. Edited by CyberneticNinja

7 minutes ago, Arwo said:
 You will never achieve objectivity in this contest - tastes differ. Don't you want to say that winners of previous rounds shouldn't take a part in next theme scenes or at least skip one or two weeks? Yes, ofc everybody knows that Propanity makes one of the best themes ingame but as for me i think this contest will lose its actuality if Kemp gives Prop 50$ everytime. Any stream should hide an intrigue.

It's difficult to find absolutely neutral person to be a judge. Kemp should invite his friends from real live who doesn't play apb :classic_tongue:

Yes, he should be told he cannot participate, and to give others a chance. Edited by CyberneticNinja

15 minutes ago, el3ctric said:

how can I make a 10 second theme? please pm me

I think the next theme scene is for 5-second themes only anyway? 

12 hours ago, Semblance said:
13 hours ago, el3ctric said:

I think the next theme scene is for 5-second themes only anyway? 

From the new rules.

On 7/10/2018 at 1:00 AM, Kempington said:
10 seconds MAXIMUM. I know that's still above the actual limit of 5 seconds. However, I feel 5 seconds isn't enough to make a properly good theme from start to finish. I will be timing each entry and if it exceeds 10 seconds, it's disqualified.

On 7/21/2018 at 4:22 AM, el3ctric said:

There should be a video in youtube somewhere where a russian guy is showing this trick.

Here I found it: