Dead_Game

/Report function removed to Promote cheaters?

/report Hypothesis

I don't like the way you do things so im gonna abuse this command like 99% of the bronzes and silvers that spam it.

47 minutes ago, Signarly said:

/report Hypothesis

I don't like the way you do things so im gonna abuse this command like 99% of the bronzes and silvers that spam it.

Excuse me, I'm not looking to antagonize with you but I need to ask this, because when people says exactly what you said it makes me wonder; How do you know who, how, when and why people is using the /report function?

I honestly ask because I always see people saying this, but actually when you see someone asking everyone else to /report a player nobody pays attention, and also I don't understand what is what people is so concerned about if they get reported or not.

If someone spams the /report function is his problem, why would you care? I don't get it.

2 minutes ago, Salvick said:

Excuse me, I'm not looking to antagonize with you but I need to ask this, because when people says exactly what you said it makes me wonder; How do you know who, how, when and why people is using the /report function?

I honestly ask because I always see people saying this, but actually when you see someone asking everyone else to /report a player nobody pays attention, and also I don't understand what is what people is so concerned about if they get reported or not.

If someone spams the /report function is his problem, why would you care? I don't get it.

imo its far less likely to get effective action on a /report when its buried in millions of silvers using the function to report "macros", let along using it on people for things that arent cheating

/report previously under fairfight was just a tool to vent a players frustration. It never actually did anything as LO already explained. Why keep it?

Pretty extreme hypothesis, @Hypothesis. Just calm down and wait until they add actual functionality to it.

4 minutes ago, tennogrineer said:

/report previously under fairfight was just a tool to vent a players frustration. It never actually did anything as LO already explained.

They said that? Where?

5 hours ago, Keshi said:

Kill him with a yukon and see how the /report gets raped

I personally own a yukon so , nope. And I do not spam /report , but you can assume anything. I found it little calming with /report even if it barely does anything. Oh yeah it was better than nothing.

5 hours ago, Techdev said:

Tip, use your friends list to collect the most suspicios players. Then keep track of them , join their /d and keep recording. If they go permanently offline, good, otherwise make a new support ticket.

Wouldn't that classify as stalking but who got time for that man?

5 hours ago, Chinook said:

I would actually like to know the percentage of active accounts that were getting /report-ed during the entire fairfight only-era. It's got to be like 70-80% given how easily people throw up hackusations on whispers and on district chat. 

Massively overusing such report function with specific purpose will just make all the data provided by the function garbage. It's like pressing all the buttons for different floors in elevator and then blaming the elevator for not going directly into the correct floor.

I trend to use /report function rather than whispering them or calling them on district chat which never ends in a positive way , it will be either his friends defending them  or they replying the classic "git gud" replies , who needs that ?

5 hours ago, BXNNXD said:

if you don’t believe the devs when they say “BE is banning” then why would you believe any fake proof that they show?

on a side note, we had an insane number of threads about BE stopping players from starting apb after the patch, do you think orbit just picked random people as disabled their games?

Ah didn't catch that , but how can we assume its "BE banning" or something else. Sorry, I don't believe in assumptions.

Edited by Hypothesis

1 hour ago, tennogrineer said:

/report previously under fairfight was just a tool to vent a players frustration. It never actually did anything as LO already explained. Why keep it?

Pretty extreme hypothesis, @Hypothesis. Just calm down and wait until they add actual functionality to it.

I am pretty calm. I will be waiting. Otherwise no point in playing. 

1 hour ago, Hypothesis said:

Ah didn't catch that , but how can we assume its "BE banning" or something else. Sorry, I don't believe in assumptions.

because the devs said so?

if you dont believe what they say, why bother asking them to say more?

/report was a feature that came with fairfight, so when fairfight was removed so was the /report thing.

2 minutes ago, damn2112 said:

/report was a feature that came with fairfight, so when fairfight was removed so was the /report thing.

fairfight hasnt been removed

4 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

They said that? Where?

i'm sure you probably replied to the thread then. Surely you don't reply blindly to every thread, you can search for it.

Just now, Luminesca said:

BattleEye

nMCIM72.png

i hate when people put clothes on dogs

11 hours ago, Nite said:

If you abstractly refuse to believe when the dev team says "we are now banning for x" after they previously said they weren't yet banning, only monitoring, why are you even playing the game? You're not gonna believe anything else they say about the current state of things.

These last three points you raised have nothing to do with any conspiracy about LO "promoting cheaters".

shut up he make post for 10+ all is true,battleye still in testing mode go to battleye webpage you will see list games that battleye protect why apb is not on list,maybe they not buy full battleye i think they try for free battleye Edited by yony8888

New forums within a week after they took over the game.

live Q & A with a player ingame- have u ever seen lady tiggs, the community manager after all these years? She even stopped gaming after a couple of incidents while she was playing. A community manager who doesnt even play their game. Cool right?

they gave us a roadmap- when was the last time we had a blogpost under g1 management?

new management is communicating to its best- 
https://forums-old.gamersfirst.com , tell me when was the last time u've seen the community manager reply? She was there to lock the posts.

Modsquads- when was the last time u can even create a thread under the old forums? Now see the posts created everyday.

No new events yet - its been over 2 months they took over the game, u got free premium, an event with ceo himself, not quite a deal but its worth somethn

battleye not working- matt said it was under test mode observing players to avoid false positives again. Dont want players come here and cry..booo i got false banned, stupid battleye itz dem my skillz.

How about we put battleye status in apb launcher itself like,
Battleye status: active. Would that make u happy?

new engine not released- Q1 2014 Remember?

no better servers- go play in citadel if NA has lags.
Play another game, jus when a maintenance is put up.

tickets not being answered swiftly- hey do u want puck back in the support team? 

Edited by Defibrillator

you have every day evidence on twitch that battleye still not working player using no recoil and aimbot on live stream i cant named and shamed but he is cheater number 1 in apb,some period he spam chat in game and on that way kicking players from games he used nick of animal that say meeeeeee meeeeeee hahahahahahah now you know who is that

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Triksterism said:
  • This was a fair move on LO's part. I don't feel great about it, but it makes sense.
  • Anecdotal but I've rarely run into any cheaters (been gold since 2013) since LO and next to none since BE.
  • We have no idea if the /report function worked in the first place. I call placebo.
  • Hit reg has always been a mixed bag and hopefully this will be 'fixed' in the future.
  • I can't speak for Citadel, but Jericho has been fantastic after the past two patches.
  • They have been working on it and I've noticed a large difference. Again, maybe that's just Jericho.

this sums it up..

since BattleEye I have not seen or heard of cheaters in Jericho

Don't want to be the Black Phillip here, but I've never encountered any cheaters nor have I experienced any lag of sorts.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Triksterism said:

Blood splatters and hit markers are client side and therefore unreliable measures to know if you hit someone or not sadly. Do not rely on them. Hell, even crosshair blooms can't be trusted in terms of determining your weapon's accuracy (I really hate stuff like this haha).

hits on cars ar enot client sided, youc an see this when the game is on high latency and car impacts get delayed. but the crosshair blooms, yeah thats really amn odd thing ti feels at times the servers using an entirely different one than me.

17 hours ago, Hypothesis said:

• No Proof BE is working , only your words against ours rather than its kicking some third party programs which may or may not be used in APB Reloaded
  • /report function removed , so that any cheaters getting reported can be stopped, aint that convenience.

What evidence supported the idea that the /report function actually worked? 
Words?  

ExpGZJp.gif Edited by Abby

how far removed from reality do you have to be

11 minutes ago, NopeTooFast said:

how far removed from reality do you have to be

ooauXpb.gif

8 hours ago, tennogrineer said:

i'm sure you probably replied to the thread then. Surely you don't reply blindly to every thread, you can search for it.

Damn, I thought you actually had some info.

Thanks anyways.