Dead_Game

/Report function removed to Promote cheaters?

So LO's new strategy is to promote cheaters wow. So change the name to APB Cheaters Reloaded cause its that bad and obvious. Also I do not care , LO kiss asses denying and feel free to reply this post with nonsense memes , cause that's getting old. Cheaters and lag has been Exponentially Tripled, if BE was working , you would have been able to release some statistics. Seeing is believing. So far:

• Previous cheaters unbanned
  • No Proof BE is working , only your words against ours rather than its kicking some third party programs which may or may not be used in APB Reloaded
  • /report function removed , so that any cheaters getting reported can be stopped, aint that convenience.
  • Hit Registering  bug is occurring so frequent, most missions feel one sided.
  • LAG is horrible and its weird that APB :R is getting DDoSed compare to other games.
  •  Anti-DDoS  measures seems to be shown like a Pentagon job, why is it taking toooooooooooooooooo long to fix this. 

With all that said , I was happy to recommend my friends to play this game again and now I have to discourage them to even install it , since this is the present situation and they are not "cheaters". 

If this post has been read by the respective LO's Staff, the purpose of this post has been fulfilled. Feel Free to remove this. I do not want forum toxic community defecating with replies to this.

• Like 2

• This was a fair move on LO's part. I don't feel great about it, but it makes sense.
  • Anecdotal but I've rarely run into any cheaters (been gold since 2013) since LO and next to none since BE.
  • We have no idea if the /report function worked in the first place. I call placebo.
  • Hit reg has always been a mixed bag and hopefully this will be 'fixed' in the future.
  • I can't speak for Citadel, but Jericho has been fantastic after the past two patches.
  • They have been working on it and I've noticed a large difference. Again, maybe that's just Jericho.
Edited by Triksterism
  • Like 4

We also dont know why /report was removed. Last we heard was that @MattScott wanted to also make it possible to /report things other than cheating. Plus, you can still report cheaters to support. 

That being said, its a little strange to have to discover on our own that /report was removed rather than being told by LO directly. 

12 minutes ago, Hypothesis said:

No Proof BE is working , only your words against ours rather than its kicking some third party programs which may or may not be used in APB Reloaded

If you abstractly refuse to believe when the dev team says "we are now banning for x" after they previously said they weren't yet banning, only monitoring, why are you even playing the game? You're not gonna believe anything else they say about the current state of things.

11 minutes ago, Hypothesis said:
  • Hit Registering  bug is occurring so frequent, most missions feel one sided.
  • LAG is horrible and its weird that APB :R is getting DDoSed compare to other games.
  •  Anti-DDoS  measures seems to be shown like a Pentagon job, why is it taking toooooooooooooooooo long to fix this. 

These last three points you raised have nothing to do with any conspiracy about LO "promoting cheaters".

I like the part of your starting post where you immediately brush off any future LO-friendly opinion as "patootie-kissing", say that you "don't care" and tell every person with an LO-friendly opinion to go somewhere else instead of inviting them to a conversation. Good job, fam.

7 minutes ago, Hypothesis said:

LO's new strategy is to promote cheaters wow. So change the name to APB Cheaters Reloaded cause its that bad and obvious.

Thank you for coming forward with such a brave accusation that is ultimately grounded in your anger instead of facts. No sane individual would promote cheating, so please come up with a different rallying cry.

8 minutes ago, Hypothesis said:

Cheaters and lag has been Exponentially Tripled

I'm glad you've given us the statistics and numbers to back that claim up, then!

...oh, wait.

9 minutes ago, Hypothesis said:

if BE was working , you would have been able to release some statistics. Seeing is believing.

...or, better yet, don't release the statistics?

Cheating is nothing to be proud of. Having cheaters in your game is nothing to be proud of. Making the ban statistics public would only perpetuate the toxicity from the days of FairFight public broadcasting. Don't give the banned players any attention. They don't deserve any of it.

I'll cut down on direct quotes here.

- Previous cheaters unbanned

That was, as stated before by Matt Scott himself, a gesture of forgiveness. Little Orbit is starting the APB experience anew and they're willing to invite everyone, even if they broke the rules in the past. Under the condition that they play fair this time around. If they don't, they'll just prove themselves to be unredeemable and get banned again.

- No Proof BE is working , only your words against ours [...]

No disclosure of the ban statistics is, as I've said before, a deliberate choice by LO.

- /report function removed , so that any cheaters getting reported can be stopped, aint that convenience.

Exactly what is "oddly convenient" about removing a function that was being deliberately misused on a daily basis anyway? If you are really convinced that you've run into a cheater, go through the extra steps and actually contact GMs about it. Don't be a lazy fuck who just tags everyone with /report as a precaution and only gives the GMs more work to do.

The other three points I agree with, to a degree.

18 minutes ago, Hypothesis said:

I do not want forum toxic community defecating with replies to this. 

Glad to see you, once again, brush off every possible incoming opinion as literal "shit" and treat your own words as gospel. I'm seeing toxicity here, but I don't think it's who you think it is who's at fault here.

• Like 1

ngl i don't personally mind them removing the option, I started playing again shortly and i feel everyone is cheating so it's best for me to not have such tool 😂

Besides I think some items of this thread could be a bit more detailed I'm surprised to read that /report function has been removed. But I take it as that they are about to implement something new really soon. Let's see what happens, is not like the /report function ever worked at all in the first place anyways.

Now more in the topic of the company 'supporting cheaters', I think is more likely the company is supporting its players by trying to avoid false bans. Although I'm honestly curious to understand when they talk about false positives if they are relying exclusively in the results of their own LO's QA team testing the anticheat or if there are also players involved in this, because the 'false positives' thing has been always a controversy when these words came from another player and not the developers or the game management.

But I think the way the new management approaches  the community really makes them earn all that respect from us, is not patootie kissing, I mean we must be thankful that this time they are keeping us on track about everything, and that's the reason why even you with your thread will be heard by them so it is a good idea to take your chance to be as detailed, polite and clear as you can to let them address these issues the best they can imo. Regards.

Edited by Salvick

Bro..LO had this game for around a month and a half...
Even tho idk why /report was removed i always found it useless because a silver reports a gold for raping him with a yukon. U can still report via support but u know how floated the tickets are going right now...

All i can tell u is to let LO do what they think is best to fix the game....

I never believed that /report did anything but I genuinely hope they add something else soon so you guys can have your /feelbetter back.

Ban statistics are hollow without names. With names every one who's hackusating will then have a place to go and see their cheater claims aren't being banned and create a shit storm. It's not a good idea imo to release who's being banned because all the people who complain about cheaters infesting the game will never get their confirmation and begin crusades against players. When in actual reality most of these players haven't grasped the meta yet, while most of those being hackusated have. The difference in skill between the two in this game is harsh.

19 minutes ago, Teardrops69 said:

I never believed that /report did anything

6 minutes ago, Moosh N Twist said:

Ban statistics are hollow without names. With names every one who's hackusating will then have a place to go and see their cheater claims aren't being banned and create a shit storm. It's not a good idea imo to release who's being banned because all the people who complain about cheaters infesting the game will never get their confirmation and begin crusades against players. When in actual reality most of these players haven't grasped the meta yet, while most of those being hackusated have. The difference in skill between the two in this game is harsh.

I agree.

32 minutes ago, Triksterism said:
  • I can't speak for Citadel, but Jericho has been fantastic after the past two patches.

It is better than before but lag still favors to be exact with delays , I use obir , instead of 3 shots it takes 5-6 shots. Proof, I will post one later how bad the delay is .Unless u r using a tweaked config for APB:R to reduce everything , it is not fun to play  for the in game settings there is.

21 minutes ago, MartinPL said:

- No Proof BE is working , only your words against ours [...]

No disclosure of the ban statistics is, as I've said before, a deliberate choice by LO.

But LO is not God, seeing is believing, not some words.

24 minutes ago, MartinPL said:

Glad to see you, once again, brush off every possible incoming opinion as literal "shit" and treat your own words as gospel. I'm seeing toxicity here, but I don't think it's who you think it is who's at fault here.

I did not mean the criticism as being toxic but you know , saying something totally unrelated to the post or anything , so that any topic discussed lose their primary purpose. 

18 minutes ago, Salvick said:

But I think the way the new management approaches  the community really makes them earn all that respect from us, is not patootie kissing, I mean we must be thankful that this time they are keeping us on track about everything, and that's the reason why even you with your thread will be heard by them so it is a good idea to take your chance to be as detailed, polite and clear as you can to let them address these issues the best they can imo. Regards.

I am only accusing them mainly on how I am supposed to report if suspected cheaters without using a capture  to record the game play, as you know, it not always practical to play a game to record every-time you play and nor that I frequently spam with reports , playing against some , it felt like obvious ESP. And when u type "/report " nothing lol even if its a placebo , a placebo is a placebo.

22 minutes ago, Keshi said:

Bro..LO had this game for around a month and a half...

They are fixing the website prior to fixing the lag , which means its gonna be longer to get an actual stable fix for the lag since , website plays a major role in APB:R.

Prior to all of this , TOS is gonna be updated.

55 minutes ago, Triksterism said:
  • Hit reg has always been a mixed bag and hopefully this will be 'fixed' in the future.

Yes but now its worse , its becoming more frequent.

2 minutes ago, Hypothesis said:

It is better than before but lag still favors to be exact with delays , I use obir , instead of 3 shots it takes 5-6 shots. Proof, I will post one later how bad the delay is .Unless u r using a tweaked config for APB:R to reduce everything , it is not fun to play  for the in game settings there is.

Yes but now its worse , its becoming more frequent.

What does a special graphics config have to do with hit-reg? Are you mixing FPS and network-related things like lag into the same thing? That's a common misconception.

I disagree on the hit-reg being worse. Any bad hit-reg days I endure feel like they always have in the past. That's anecdotal and maybe you're having a unique issue though. One thing I suggest if you're having bad hit registration: Aim 'behind' the person you're fighting. If someone is moving and you're shooting at where you see their character, shoot where they were a millisecond ago.

"Seeing is believing" except when there is a specific purpose why ban statistics are not being shown.

2 minutes ago, Triksterism said:

What does a special graphics config have to do with hit-reg? Are you mixing FPS and network-related things like lag into the same thing? That's a common misconception.

I disagree on the hit-reg being worse. Any bad hit-reg days I endure feel like they always have in the past. That's anecdotal and maybe you're having a unique issue though. One thing I suggest if you're having bad hit registration: Aim 'behind' the person you're fighting. If someone is moving and you're shooting at where you see their character, shoot where they were a millisecond ago.

Sorry to disagree with you here. Hitreg issue is still a thing. Its not as bad as before but its still not that great now still. The obir still shoots 3 bullets per burst on my pc but lets say a shotgun as example. You can go watch your reply a hundred times looking at your shotgun(i usually use csg or tasz20stock) close 2 close combat fully landing my shots while after i die and my friend cleans the kill i see +30 on my screen. Sometimes happen to my carbine as well. i see the hitmarker showing up like 8 times but i get like +20 (midrange examle 50 range)

TLDR: Hitreg is not that great but it was way worse

1 minute ago, MartinPL said:

"Seeing is believing" except when there is a specific purpose why ban statistics are not being shown.

If you are refering to ffbans. Honestly leave it off. The toxicity there was so high...

Since your so keen about seeing and believing, how about you open your eyes and realize that not everyone that kills you is a cheater.

1 minute ago, VanilleKeks said:

Since your so keen about seeing and believing, how about you open your eyes and realize that not everyone that kills you is a cheater.

Kill him with a yukon and see how the /report gets raped

3 minutes ago, Keshi said:

Sorry to disagree with you here. Hitreg issue is still a thing. Its not as bad as before but its still not that great now still. The obir still shoots 3 bullets per burst on my pc but lets say a shotgun as example. You can go watch your reply a hundred times looking at your shotgun(i usually use csg or tasz20stock) close 2 close combat fully landing my shots while after i die and my friend cleans the kill i see +30 on my screen. Sometimes happen to my carbine as well. i see the hitmarker showing up like 8 times but i get like +20 (midrange examle 50 range)

TLDR: Hitreg is not that great but it was way worse

Blood splatters and hit markers are client side and therefore unreliable measures to know if you hit someone or not sadly. Do not rely on them. Hell, even crosshair blooms can't be trusted in terms of determining your weapon's accuracy (I really hate stuff like this haha).

Congrats, you just proved how much of a physiological shield the /report command is.
We don't even know if that command even worked previously as it proved pretty much useless countless times... 

• Like 1

if you don’t believe the devs when they say “BE is banning” then why would you believe any fake proof that they show?

on a side note, we had an insane number of threads about BE stopping players from starting apb after the patch, do you think orbit just picked random people as disabled their games?

I would actually like to know the percentage of active accounts that were getting /report-ed during the entire fairfight only-era. It's got to be like 70-80% given how easily people throw up hackusations on whispers and on district chat. 

Massively overusing such report function with specific purpose will just make all the data provided by the function garbage. It's like pressing all the buttons for different floors in elevator and then blaming the elevator for not going directly into the correct floor.

Edited by Chinook
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Triksterism said:

Blood splatters and hit markers are client side and therefore unreliable measures to know if you hit someone or not sadly. Do not rely on them. Hell, even crosshair blooms can't be trusted in terms of determining your weapon's accuracy (I really hate stuff like this haha).

i'll leave this here  😢 

Tip, use your friends list to collect the most suspicios players. Then keep track of them , join their /d and keep recording. If they go permanently offline, good, otherwise make a new support ticket.

32 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

if you don’t believe the devs when they say “BE is banning” then why would you believe any fake proof that they show?

on a side note, we had an insane number of threads about BE stopping players from starting apb after the patch, do you think orbit just picked random people as disabled their games?

They were paid actors, obviously.

11 minutes ago, Techdev said:

Tip, use your friends list to collect the most suspicios players. Then keep track of them , join their /d and keep recording. If they go permanently offline, good, otherwise make a new support ticket.

There's been plenty enough witch-hunts in the history of APB already. Nobody should waste their time on that apart from those who have the actual GM tools at hand and are tasked to do exactly that.

• Thanks 1