Sign in to follow this  
RenoTheOne

BUGS AND EXPLOITS FOR PVP

Hello,

there is two issues with PVP which are in dire need of attention.

First of all, bullets are hit scan in this game which is fine however when changing to lower resolutions the game world / characters become smaller and the UI doesn't change size at all, this results in the area of "hit scan" becoming larger. To put it simple lower resolutions can increase the hit area by approximately five times which results in 100% accuracy since in this game we do a "zig zag" dance and the hit area is larger than the enemies strafe.

Secondly, we need to fix the warp what I have identified is that the server either has a low tick rate or the warp is a client side issue, I know in all games a low framerate will cause warp even if the game is not known to have this kind of movement issues *CSGO for example*. /timesync fixes the warp for other players against the user but does not help the user with his target, so when someone asks you to /timesync and does not do it themselves they have pretty much asked you to make the game easier for them which makes no sense.

What do I suggest? Enforce /timesync as a automatic function every minute or five as well as automatically when logging in as a relog removes the negative effects of /timesync. As the warp may be a hard issue to crack I feel like forcing /timesync on all players automatically is a great start/band-aid to the issue.

A few other problems:

Currently people are tabbing out of combat mode and holding right click as combat mode has a bit of a drag when turning the camera, the player model doesn't follow instantly like holding right click. This results in the user to run off into the distance and quickly warp back and repeat the same thing in another direction. When playing first person if you spam WASD you will also notice that the character only goes in one horizontal angle, bottom left to top right, he does not complete the square as input.

Furthermore, S is a dominant input as well as D, so players will hold D and tap A because it is instantaneous compared to pressing A or D individually, there is a physic or something behind the player switching direction or initiating a movement which is possibly also related to warp.

NPC's and tents which can not be damaged cause players guns to lock up for a considerably large amount of time, this has lead to group PVP being a who can abuse tents/NPC's the most, guns need to fire regardless of whether or not they can damage the target.

Now a less pressing issue but nevertheless should simply not be a part of the game, telekenisis or Nano-manipulation skill lines have a skill which allows you to right click to do a mutation, this is very cool but dual wield pistols can not efficiently use these skill lines as the game does not remember which gun fired last so you either end up reloading with half a empty clip in one gun or you need to spam and greatly reduce your accuracy due to fumbling and whatnot.

There are a ton more issues, feel free to put more in this post and hopefully we can see some changes. Bugs/exploits only please, if you want the dev's to make some other changes then make your own post.

Regards,
Reno

• Like 1

The automatic timesync would be useful indeed, as this fixes a lot of lag issues. However, if you have bad internet.. you'll remain laggy or warp around (But the automatic time sync might solve it a little bit. Sadly, this is an issue with all type of servers.

I wonder if the hitbox issue is easily fixed.. no clue about that.

I must add! Maybe some of the "issues" make the game as it is and give it the unique feel and maybe the accomplished feel when you defeat someone warpy or with 8x6. Their reputation, to be honest .. if you're a proud max reso user, (myself I use a little lower reso, only because of fps reaons, but literally a little, little lower), you usually gain more respect by the server. Also, let's be honest, those "exploiters", max reso users and whatever.. the typical good pvpers beated them no problem.

Small female toon, 800x600, and warping are all pro pvp tactics not exploits. (jk)

Edited by StubbyClaps
  • Like 1

Tents/npcs only prevent shooting if you would of hit said tent/npc if you are on your target you will still hit them. This doesn't lock guns up nor has this ever turned pvp into 'who can abuse this the most'. At worst this is used by an individual and incompetent people playing on toasters can't kill them.

The mutation thing with pistols is that it will prioritize the main gun over the secondary so if you wait longer than 1 pistol shot it skips the other one.

Tab and player model thing doesn't actually seem that real because the game doesn't correct based off of how the character facing(aka why kiting pistols sometimes fire their pistols from their patootie while only running from you). The wasd thing is merely due to inputs not being spaced apart enough and as actions aren't queued it just does what is then available.

Warp is likely server to client communication but it's allowed to continue on client or what not. It'd be why people's warp is typically inconsistent.

Forced timesync would be a decent idea, but I'd be curious about the repercussions would be for forced timesync on a timer would be.

I'll pass on adding more. I'll pass on making pvp even more aids as publicly going on about 8x6 did and other exploits.

On 7/8/2018 at 1:06 PM, Alyiah said:

The automatic timesync would be useful indeed, as this fixes a lot of lag issues. However, if you have bad internet.. you'll remain laggy or warp around (But the automatic time sync might solve it a little bit. Sadly, this is an issue with all type of servers.

I wonder if the hitbox issue is easily fixed.. no clue about that.

I must add! Maybe some of the "issues" make the game as it is and give it the unique feel and maybe the accomplished feel when you defeat someone warpy or with 8x6. Their reputation, to be honest .. if you're a proud max reso user, (myself I use a little lower reso, only because of fps reaons, but literally a little, little lower), you usually gain more respect by the server. Also, let's be honest, those "exploiters", max reso users and whatever.. the typical good pvpers beated them no problem.

No one knows so people who would be concerned about it will cry foul unless you record and perform exactly as expected, and even then it varies.

Edited by MICFILLER

Nano and TK work fine with pistols... If you know how. But I admit a keybind specifically for an equipped mutation would be nice.

Equip, use BM/filtration, and turn it off as it is used. Repeat as needed.

Edit : Not ththat you're missing much with anywhere from a 30-60 (%) DPS advantage.

Still waiting to see if pistols ever follow suit when it comes to "more damage = longer delay"

Edited by NysekZePope

On 7/11/2018 at 5:27 PM, Kayleigh Stanway said:

They should try and fix the CTF bug where you can get out the spawner before the match has started.. It's op!

Already reported the cause, well the invisible door is one that I don't think can be fixed...