Sign in to follow this  
Snubnose

RTW shader poll.

Would you like to have the RTW shaders implemented into the game before the engine update rolls out?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to have the RTW shaders implemented into the game (as choice which one to use) before the engine update rolls out?

• Yes.
    • No.
    • I don't care / I wouldn't mind.

I'd love to have the RTW shaders back in APB.

LO, hereby I request you to implement the RTW shaders into APB before the engine update rolls out, or even better (if possible) - give us a choice to use them, since IMO (and many others) the shaders back then suited the game a lot more and just looked better. (especially that fancy nighttime with shiny lights, the city felt much more alive!)
fuck the blue tint in the current shaders LUL

Here's an old post from Dopefish comparing APB shaders.

Very much yes.

Was a nicer look for sure and would like it. But i will not try to push LO to do such a thing, cause it sounds pushy and demanding. If anything this would be a post engine update job for them anyway.

15 minutes ago, SelttikS said:

Was a nicer look for sure and would like it. But i will not try to push LO to do such a thing, cause it sounds pushy and demanding. If anything this would be a post engine update job for them anyway.

yea I know it sounds demanding, but I wanted this for ages and G1 decided against it back then... so with LO taking over someone had to give it another shot... maybe they'll see the old shaders and get inspired by that for the engine update (3.5 or even UE4, or any patches inbetween) aswell... either way I'm happy I tried... I totally understand if LO says they can't focus on implementing old shaders if they think it's a waste of time. 🙂

Edited by Snubnose

It would be a wasted effort on current engine given that they want to actually do the engine upgrade. What style of shaders they'll pick to use with that, however, is completely another story.

23 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

>not playing on army man settings 

LUL
no thanks, I like good graphics (atleast as good as APB can get..) and my rig is strong enough to always be above 60 fps, no need to tryhard with PS1 graphics. (I'm actually surprised you brought up army men, great game back in the day!)

2 minutes ago, Chinook said:

It would be a wasted effort on current engine given that they want to actually do the engine upgrade. What style of shaders they'll pick to use with that, however, is completely another story.

well, depends on how hard it would be to implement the old shaders? they already exist and should still be completely compatible... as said already, I'd understand if it's too much effort but if it's not too hard, they'd probably make a lot of people happy! 😛

Not exactly a change NEED, with UE 3.5 and then UE4 Shaders will change, most likely drastically. And there is always the hopeful Ansel support. 

At least make it an option! Although seeing how changing 1 thing breaks 100 other things it may not be feasible.

I think its funny that all the RTW images have friends/people in them and in all the current ones its just Dopefish. 😄  Not flaming -  Relatable after now returning to the game since 2013.

I vote for entirely new shaders. 

Sign in to follow this