Hexerin

Dethreating is still rampant in bronze, and Little Orbit refuses to take action

And Having 40 threat levels hidden (1-10 green, 1-10 bronze, 1-10 silver and 1-10 gold) and then adding a visible filter for threat on district made this a huge problem. Changing it back to threat level ratings that only sit between 1-15 would be enough. The current system is, especially with a useless green rank, is bloated. Little Orbit should seriously consider removing threat segregation and instead consider adding a casual district, a competetive district, and a tutorial district. The tutorial district would be for actual new players who are below a certain rank AND threat level. Once  one of those thresholds is broken they go to a higher district. Casual is how the current districts are but without threat segregation. The competetive districts offer higher rewards for winning and maybe include joker tickets as a reward. That way there is more incentive to actually go to the comp district. 

9 hours ago, BXNNXD said:

wasn’t the original rtw threat system based on your last 50 missions? making threat even easier to manipulate doesn’t seem like a good solution to dethreating imo 

as for segregation, we’ve had the same threat labeled districts since cbt, there’s always been complaints about it

There wasn't dethreating because you didn't have to be a certain threat level to enter a certain threat district to any advantage at all. The system was based over a longer period of performance so threat ratings were a lot more stable... and the desirability of being a prestigious person entering the district as a Gold Threat 10 player, and there were very few of them, was more of an ego boost to certain elitest clans, so dethreat wasn't actually a problematic issue the way it became after threat segregation. Moreover the matching system was more fair, because it ranked your performance and gave you op which was worthy... and the poor newbs a fighting chance.

9 hours ago, BXNNXD said:

as for segregation, we’ve had the same threat labeled districts since cbt, there’s always been complaints about it

Uhm, no. You obv were never here for closed or open beta or the original RTW or the early APB reloaded.  Originally there was NO THREAT SEGREGATION AND NO THREAT DISTRICTS. And No, there were NO COMPLAINTS about the original system until the Threat Segregation Patch which BROKE and DESTROYED the system and was unrecoverable after G1's fubar staff of fubars fubared the game forever leaving us this broken shit.

Edited by Rebelliousness
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, Slickmund said:

Then there is the issue of premades and tryhards, which isnt necessarily an issue of it's own. However, I guess theres players, like myself, which like to socialize during their gameplay or in between of it. Most of the time, besides hackusations, bronze districts are a lot more fun to talk in than the silver districts, in my experience atleast.

on point, i like rolling solo most of the time but even the biggest vets here won't always get lucky enough to abolish a well-organized premade squad on their own while playing on pub unless you bring some pals with you as well, fight club and bronze districts i suppose act as remedy to this situation.

@Rebelliousness No one (some actually did, but not as frequently and as profoundly) complained back then because of: A, you dont complain right of the bat, not to mention being the first to complain without having the words put in your mouth by a million before you is a lot more effort. B: Skill level back then was completely different than it is nowadays, as it is for any game. Top player at launch of a game can hardly ever be compared to a Top player in a later stage of the game. Experience grows, with that average skill level grows and so does the skillcap. So you didn't have such a large percentage that was able to steamroll others, as we do have nowadays, because of filtering (yes exceptions are to be made of course, but rare means rare).

The threat segregration was necessary even back then, because of the server capacity due to networking. Imagine, with the population limit per server now, even if it is increased slightly, what matchmaking would become if players weren't pre-emptively divided by threat levels? At best a server would have 33% of all threat levels (If you revoke the current threat level system you could still divide it into 1-5, 5-10, 10-15 in terms of skilllevel with actually, the same results as we have now), 33% of 40 players per side would mean a max of 13-14 players per district on each side, which could be considered for matchmaking. Such a pool, is way to limited, it was like that in the past and as people got better at the game, it did get horrid. I was around back then, just after launch of RTW, not the beta's, and it was horrific. At best you would have 2/5 matches against golds which would absolutely abolish you on sight.

The current matchmaking system needs a bit of tweaking sure. But I assure you, it has been, could have been and luckily isn't anymore, a lot worse. The idea you suggest is sadly, utopian.

As someone mentioned before me, it can only get better, if the playerbase grows. Once it reaches a certain threshhold, threat levels can be hardlocked. Which would seperate the playerbase into segments of up to a scale of 10, within a segment of up to 3 different skill levels. The system G1 designed wasnt poorly designed, it just needed more players, and a hard lock on threat levels.

Edited by Slickmund
  • Like 1

There is so much sht going on, and yet you still blame LO for this.. Server stability, events, balance changes, engine upgrade. Give them more time.

• Like 1

I'm not sure what the screenshot is showing. Did you win that mission?

Holy crap, give them time. They need to work on changing engines before they can tackle major things like threat and matchmaking systems. 

I didn't bother to read the OP since the title was clear enough.

Hi all,

I can appreciate the OP's frustration. Dethreating and match making in general is a problem in APB. 

This is not an easy problem to solve. G1 made several attempts that either didn't work or made damaged the game worse.

We will immediately move to fixing this issue as soon as Unreal 3.5 is launched. 
We need some of the new engine capabilities to implement the solution that I think the game needs.

I'm going to lock this thread.

I think we've explored this screenshot and the topic presented by the OP enough.

Thanks,
Matt

• Like 15
  • Thanks 2