Hexerin

Dethreating is still rampant in bronze, and Little Orbit refuses to take action

d939fbe731952ac895b05fabd8ed1205.jpg

So nice to see that nothing is being done about it, and that the dethreater's taunts that Little Orbit won't do anything were well founded. Every day, all the same blatant dethreaters still playing without a care in the world. Mission after mission, steamrolling the bronze and silver players that are just trying to have a little fun in a video game.

Yes, I'm falling on my sword for this, because this is the most damaging problem this game has (and has had for years). Dethreating is actively killing the game, and needs to be prioritized to be dealt with. Publicly, not behind the scenes. You need to make examples, so that all the rest understand that this shit isn't acceptable.

@MattScott

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

You're an R180+ silver, what are you doing in bronze ?

• Like 11

APB will never retain new players until dethreaters are dealt with.

That being said, Im not sure what this scoreboard is supposed to prove, no one is even gold. 

Also, if you feel you have actual evidence of dethreating, send it to support. 

Edited by CookiePuss
  • Like 3

Just now, CookiePuss said:

APB will never retain mew players until dethreaters are dealt with.

That being said, Im not sure what this scoreboard is supposed to prove, no one is even gold. 

If you have a decent game in bronze, you're dethreating, and if you have a decent game in gold, you're cheating. Cmon bruh you've been around long enough to know this.

• Like 1

I don't see any proof of dethreating.

Edited by Cheeseburger!

Unless you spend the time and effort to get better, you'll always be stomped by. Ignore the missions you return the favour to even less skilled all you like. It's a circle where no-one gets away feeling good all the time except for those who have sacrificed everything to be the top kek players in a game that doesn't reward being the best in any way or form.

Golds complain about getting stomped by better golds. Silvers complain about getting stomped by golds and better silvers. Bronzes complain about getting stomped by everyone and greens are just "wtf mate?" with all this stuff happening around them.

• Like 1

BlueArmyGamer and Jennii are both semi gold players. They def should not be in bronze but That is how it is atm.

1 hour ago, CookiePuss said:

APB will never retain new players until dethreaters are dealt with.

Also, if you feel you have actual evidence of dethreating, send it to support. 

You know that is work and at best results in nothing happening.

ive been almost exclusively been using ltl equipment, it has kept me in silver all this time. And for that reason alone i use ltl equipment only, i dont dethreat on purpose, but i do limit my meta weapons to avoid going gold.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Fennel said:

ive been almost exclusively been using ltl equipment, it has kept me in silver all this time. And for that reason alone i use ltl equipment only, i dont dethreat on purpose, but i do limit my meta weapons to avoid going gold.

I dunno... that sounds like intentionally keeping your threat low. 

Maybe not bannable, but definitely not cool. 

Just now, CookiePuss said:

Well its a self given handicap. Sorta like playing with a gun that you are bad at.

But it also shows, yet again, how bad ltl is compared to lethal.

@Hexerin(OP)

Im a semi-gold player myself, fluctuating between gold and silver very frequently. Im not entirely sure what it is with the ranking system, but I think unless I beat a team around the same level, I wont get ranked up to gold. In silver districts, I don't keep my gold rank for very long. The players I have the most decent matches with, probably have the same issue and play more frequently on bronze, because well, theres a good chance of them being better than the average opposing team whilst in gold they are most of the time, like me, the bottom dwellers.

Yes I believe this is an issue, I think most experienced APB players do see this as a problem as well, it's not something unnoticed and defenitely not something LO doesn't want to fix. But it's not that simple to fix either. IF there is even a decent ammount of real intentional dethreaters around (Which I doubt, though surely there are some), I find it hard to believe that they are the real issue. 

The real issue is the very big ammount of players, like myself, which are on the tip of being top, or being squat. Needless to say most will prefer being a top player since grinding is more effective that way, not to mention more fun to play down than up x10. In other words, theres no real place for them to get evenly matched besides the place they go to hide themselves, which is bronze currently. The gap between low gold, and high gold is enormous.

Then there is the issue of premades and tryhards, which isnt necessarily an issue of it's own. However, I guess theres players, like myself, which like to socialize during their gameplay or in between of it. Most of the time, besides hackusations, bronze districts are a lot more fun to talk in than the silver districts, in my experience atleast. I play on citadel, and if I play premade, I play silver district exclusively, gold rank or not. Because I know I'm up to the task, and confident I can have fun, challenging gameplay there if I am in a team (Teamplay being a huge part of APB at higher level who wouldve guessed eh). If I am playing on my own, I play on bronze mostly, simply because it is more fun for me in terms of social activity and gameplay. That doesn't mean I constantly shred the bronze players playing there, most are silver themselves anyways, I hardly get matched against bronze. If I get matched against bronze and notice they are unfairly matched against me or my team, I play less agressively and try to talk a bit more so it can be fun for them as well, rather than being thrown into the meat grinder.

I think there's plenty of Top silver players out there which think alike, and play alike. So dont ravish on about dethreating through posts like this after a couple of bad matches, it's deconstructive, if not destructive critisism on LO and the playerbase.

Not to mention this could very well be a case of actual silver, stomping actual silver and some bronze bystanders. No need to call wolf on that, really not.

Edited by Slickmund
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, SelttikS said:

Well its a self given handicap. Sorta like playing with a gun that you are bad at.

Its just thats the number one excuse I hear from dethreaters, "I dont dethreat on purpose, I just use bad guns / guns wrong to lose threat"... Im just not sure I buy that as a valid excuse. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

im not going to lie, i have tried dethreating before, but its painfully boring and i always cant help myself but to try to win, but i dont see much of a problem with my method, for now, im trying to rake up arrests for the cop role, i hardly use my weapons that im good with unless im desperate to win, and i have even lost up to 4 times in a row, and to be honest, im wondering how im not even bronze yet, i get an average of 3 arrests with a few kills and maybe a dozens of assists if my team is good along with a big fat stack of deaths. Being ltl only really feels like hard mode, especially when you're dealing with multiple people at once, even if youre good, you need to stand still to do arrests and even watchout for your arrest so that so that they dont get freed. But anyways i feel like its fair enough for anyone fighting me, its not like im going to pull out ntecs or hvrs and go ham on them unless im feeling salty for w.e the reason.

Edited by Fennel

Quality Hexerin stuff I see, if you cover up names, cover up all of them. Name and shame are after still against the forum rules. 

But the Dethreater frustration is understandable. Not gonna lie, it has to be dealt with, but coming up with an actual working solution won't be done within a few weeks. They working overtime already, and i think so far they doing fine sticking to their plans.

13 minutes ago, Fennel said:

im not going to lie, i have tried dethreating before, but its painfully boring and i always cant help myself but to try to win, but i dont see much of a problem with my method, for now, im trying to rake up arrests for the cop role, i hardly use my weapons that im good with unless im desperate to win, and i have even lost up to 4 times in a row, and to be honest, im wondering how im not even bronze yet, i get an average of 3 arrests with a few kills and maybe a dozens of assists if my team is good along with a big fat stack of deaths. Being ltl only really feels like hard mode, especially when you're dealing with multiple people at once, even if youre good, you need to stand still to do arrests and even watchout for your arrest so that so that they dont get freed. But anyways i feel like its fair enough for anyone fighting me, its not like im going to pull out ntecs or hvrs and go ham on them unless im feeling salty for w.e the reason.

I see what you are saying, and it sounds like you are at least trying. That being said, you are also farming arrests against noobs. 

Of course, I wont sit here and argue that threat itself ISN'T broken, cuz it clearly is. Hopefully one day we will finally have a place for players stuck in that high silver / low gold position. 

tl;dr its more about threat being fucked than you being the bad guy

You can / should do the same as me: don't play till removal of the "feature" and better matchmaking. There are much more fun shooters available.

@Fennel

It is not that hard to dethreat legitmately through playing on silver districts for an hour or 2 either. Get stomped -> Give stomping, it's give and take ye know.

Not that I am against playing LTL only, and if that ends up with you staying in silver then so be it. But that means no tryharding unless provoked properly of course.

Edited by Slickmund

50 minutes ago, Letter said:

You can / should do the same as me: don't play till removal of the "feature" and better matchmaking. There are much more fun shooters available.

If you wont stand with us in our bad times then you don't deserve us in our good times.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, SelttikS said:

If you wont stand with us in our bad times then you don't deserve us in our good times.

So APB are like crops? No effort = No harvest? But then @Letter would be like a crow wouldn't he? Swooping in to eat those yummy grains which he didn't even crap on because he felt more like crapping on my car instead? 

So many questions arise, hence, you make a good point.

Ya they totally REFUSE to do anything about it.  Even though they have said they want to fix it, but you're not happy so obviously they REFUSE to do anything.  

Oh god Hexerin is back?  Please don't feed this angry troll.

• Like 1

.............. and Little Orbit refuses to take action

I missed this.

I was not aware that LO is refusing to address this.

Did they not mentioned in an earlier post that they were aware of this issue ?

From the Q&A posted on the APB Blog dated 5/25/2018:

5. De-threating. Will you be looking to tackle this phenomenon, if so how? Will changes to the threat system be made to assist this?

At the end of the day, this comes down to proper matchmaking and creating fair fights.

This is one of those long standing systems that needs to be changed. I want to dig in more deeply, but we are committed to better matchmaking.

Source: https://apbreloaded.gamersfirst.com/2018/05/two-week-update-q-notes-from-my-stream.html

Don't think they said anywhere, that they are "refusing to take action"..

Maybe I misinterpreted.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Hypocrisy. I see they're silver with good score. No demerits or anything. I could also call you a dethreater.

1 hour ago, Slickmund said:

So APB are like crops? No effort = No harvest? But then @Letter would be like a crow wouldn't he? Swooping in to eat those yummy grains which he didn't even crap on because he felt more like crapping on my car instead? 

So many questions arise, hence, you make a good point.

Well I think it is more akin to a relationship. Like if you didn't like Chris Pratt in JP, then do you really deserve him in guardians?