Sign in to follow this  
Sidewayz24

What a joke

In order for me to get my password reset email sent to the email that is on my account (not to a new one) I have to provide transaction IDs, the amounts and the dates.

Am I the only one who finds this absolutely ridiculous? Why do I have to do any extra work because your system can't send an email properly? Or because you forced people to reset their passwords and then again, can't even send the emails to them. 

Edited by Sidewayz24
  • Like 1

having to prove in some way that you own an account? yeah that is crazy, we should be able to just claim what ever account we want as our own

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, SelttikS said:

having to prove in some way that you own an account? yeah that is crazy, we should be able to just claim what ever account we want as our own

You mean sending the password reset that never came when I logged in and was forced to do So? That I didn't initiate, that G1 did. Sure. You mean to tell me that if you went to reset your password right now you'd have to provide transaction details to do So? Didn't think so.

I'm not asking for this reset email to be sent somewhere else. I'm literally asking for it to be sent to my email on that account in trying to log into. Like, ya'know it's supposed to do.

Edited by Sidewayz24
  • Like 1

I can do so though. So where is the problem?

Also are you making this just to b1tch about LO practices or are you wanting help. Because we do not care about b1tching and we can not help you here.

I can also show them my social security number or my bank account information as well, but it's not a requirement to receive a simple reset email to the accounts password. Seems common practice across everything to be so.

Not to mention when you haven't purchased anything in over 3 years that information isn't just at your finger tips. But hey, I'm just trying to steal an account, right? Lol

Also I forgot about the 3 active topics, sorry to clog up social.

Edited by Sidewayz24

I had no problems. I clicked "password reset" and *poof* the email with link to reset my password arrived. Not sure if LO has changed anything since first week(s) but that's how it worked for me.

It didn't require any back-and-forth communique with support to get done.

Edited by Chinook

42 minutes ago, Sidewayz24 said:

Am I the only one who finds this absolutely ridiculous? 

Yes. 

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Chinook said:

I had no problems. I clicked "password reset" and *poof* the email with link to reset my password arrived. Not sure if LO has changed anything since first week(s) but that's how it worked for me.

It didn't require any back-and-forth communique with support to get done.

Most got theirs just fine, but according to Matt himself there hsa been a lot of people having the same issue.

8 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Yes. 

So its ridiculous for me to think a system should work properly. Actually you are correct, I should have known better with APB.

8 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Are you not able to provide the info requested?

And if not, why?

Its not that I can't. I haven't purchased anything in this game in probably over three years. Hell I hadn't played prior to this in probably more than one, and before that were other spurts of like 6 to 8 months of breaks for a few years. I opened the account around the time open beta started so later on I went through phases of playing and not. I'm trying to get a password reset from Skrill the medium I used back when I purchased stuff and was using prepaid cards as I didn't have a card to use at the time. I just have to jump through a dozen hoops when all I want is something as simple as just receiving the email reset to the email on the account that has been the same since it was opened. I'm not trying to change the email or anything, though I may because this ones seemingly giving me all kinds of issues lately with this stuff. I use it specifically for accounts and spam and stuff. Its just ridiculous that this has to be done.

And I never asked for a reset, especially one that doesn't work right. Was fine with my previous password for the entirety of its lifetime with no issues. This has literally just been inconveniences layered on top of each other just to access my account that I already knew the password to before. It would be like being asked to show transaction IDs to log in.

Edited by Sidewayz24

21 hours ago, Lixil said:

https://www.gamersfirst.com/account/reset_password.php

If you need to reset your password it works there.

Except it doesnt, nor hasn't the last 100 times I have tried.

It's getting to the point I am about to screenshot the conversation I had with Matt where he literally states this is happening. so be are be...

Here it is:

https://imgur.com/gallery/srLfAQY

The steps I'm being asked to do in my support ticket are for changing my email or if I didn't have access to my email. I have access to my email. What I'm asking to do shouldn't require any of this stuff...

Edited by Sidewayz24

Funny enough, when I first saw this thread, I thought it was about the event that just happened in open conflict, which approximately 79 people were able to take part in some form this time around too.

I spammed "join district" for something like 20 minutes and then got frustrated.

1 minute ago, Chinook said:

Funny enough, when I first saw this thread, I thought it was about the event that just happened in open conflict, which approximately 79 people were able to take part in some form this time around too.

I spammed "join district" for something like 20 minutes and then got frustrated.

tbh the rewards were lackluster at best. Especially for something you have very little shot at winning. Too random.

13 hours ago, Sidewayz24 said:

Except it doesnt, nor hasn't the last 100 times I have tried.

It's getting to the point I am about to screenshot the conversation I had with Matt where he literally states this is happening. so be are be...

Here it is:

The steps I'm being asked to do in my support ticket are for changing my email or if I didn't have access to my email. I have access to my email. What I'm asking to do shouldn't require any of this stuff...

the issue is on your side. the password reset website works flawless for me and others. maybe your email program or provider is either filtering or you are using a wrong address

maybe ask someone - support or higher - to send you a manual verification mail or smth so they have a chance to reset it manually? that is, if you were really using the right and original mail.

Edited by neophobia

What was the name of your first pet?

How dare support request me to prove that the account in question is mine so that it won't get stolen by someone else randomly!

stop guessing my password please.

3 minutes ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

How dare support request me to prove that the account in question is mine so that it won't get stolen by someone else randomly!

No, the issue is that he was asked to provide his transaction history, in which case I fully understand his frustration. The only way to tell what and when I've bought to is to check my history for which I need to be logged in already. 

2 minutes ago, kukki said:

No, the issue is that he was asked to provide his transaction history, in which case I fully understand his frustration. The only way to tell what and when I've bought to is to check my history for which I need to be logged in already. 

haha you think Zombie cares

giphy.gif

3 minutes ago, kukki said:

Emails.

Paypal account.

Credit Card statements.

Financial managements.

Not hard to find that stuff.

Edited by NotZombieBiscuit
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

Emails.

Paypal account.

Credit Card statements.

Financial managements.

Not hard to find that stuff.

Learn to read. Thanks. 

4 hours ago, neophobia said:

the issue is on your side. the password reset website works flawless for me and others. maybe your email program or provider is either filtering or you are using a wrong address

maybe ask someone - support or higher - to send you a manual verification mail or smth so they have a chance to reset it manually? that is, if you were really using the right and original mail.

See my screen of Matt literally saying that others are experiencing this too.

I've asked a dozen plus times just for the reset email to be sent to the original email on the account since it was created. Still have access to my email. But in order for me personally to get that email, I must provide transaction IDs and details for multiple transactions... for some reason.

Does anyone read here? Wait, I forgot where I was for a second. Sorry.

Edited by Sidewayz24

3 minutes ago, Sidewayz24 said:

Learn to read. Thanks. 

I wasn't even talking/replying to you in that post.

4 minutes ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

I wasn't even talking/replying to you in that post.

Does it really matter? Your lack of actual reading shows in this response, as well as the first. 

3 hours ago, kukki said:

No I can get it all, but it's from several years ago, so it's all kinds of back tracking. Any of my financial statements are so clogged up that sifting through the years I played apb to find purchases is a lot of time.

Edited by Sidewayz24

2 minutes ago, Sidewayz24 said:

Does it really matter? Your lack of actual reading shows in this response, as well as the first. 

Matters a lot when the context and reply is only accurate when regarding the post it was aimed at.

Sign in to follow this