whitecrystall

Unluckiest coincidence ever...

So i finally got one of the rare daily activities to get myself a free Oca Nano, but then... We just got a server shutdown. 

Anyone know how long this will last? I REALLY want that nano

I also curious, as a quick look in the forums didn't show any restart related posts.

I was wondering the same, I did not find any announcement.

Aside from it being during peak hours, announcing something 5 minutes in advance is really unprofessional. 
Could be an emergency shutdown I guess.

2 minutes ago, K3i said:

i know how this feels, if you took screenies maybe support will send you one

I sometimes have shadowplay on but this was not one of those times...

1 minute ago, Spherii said:

Aside from it being during peak hours, announcing something 5 minutes in advance is really unprofessional. 
Could be an emergency shutdown I guess.

Where was it announced then other than ingame?

1 minute ago, Fuechslein said:

Where was it announced then other than ingame?

Nowhere else, that's what I'm referencing at.

Servers are up, by the way. (Citadel EU)

Edited by Spherii

This has occurred many times during this week and none of these restarts have been announced before or while the shutdown countdown was happening. This is poor communication, even under G1 we had announcements for server restarts due to DDoS or other reason while right now we only occasionally find out what the restart was for many hours after it happened because Matt gives some insight on their progress regarding mitigation and sorting out the DDoS attacks. I am glad about Matt giving constant updates but it is extremely unprofessional to seemingly "randomly" restart the Servers without any reason provided to then find out that it was to fix server latency issues because Lixil decided to post it in a Discord server rather than on the /Official/ Forums that not only 1/10th of the player base has access to / reads.

I simply suggest making a collection thread regarding Server Restarts or Server shutdowns outside of the scheduled Server maintenance that Lixil or Matt can leave a post in shortly before or while the Shutdown countdown is happening to tell people what the restart is for. They could also simply broadcast a Server-wide message ingame at the same time as starting the server countdown, doing either of this will allow for players to know what is going on. 

Edit: Just to be clear, I am not complaining about the amount of communication. The communication done by LO has been insane compared to what all of us got used to while G1 ran the game. I am trying to say that Server restarts should be announced at least shortly beforehand so players know what is going on as it isn't something that can be considered minor.

Edited by Frosi
  • Like 1

The server restarts temporarily fix the server issues. Expect frequent restarts until LO can find a permanent solution. 

On the bright side, the servers tend to only be offline for a short period of time per restart.

47 minutes ago, whitecrystall said:

So i finally got one of the rare daily activities to get myself a free Oca Nano, but then... We just got a server shutdown. 

Anyone know how long this will last? I REALLY want that nano

that sucks.  I usually find people in the district to help me unlock the weapon so it only takes about 5 minutes.