Afanickton

Stamina Boost Criminal/Enforcer Character Modification

During RTW's tenure of APB I remember a character mod that could boost the stamina pool, I don't know why Gamers first removed it in the first place but why not bring it back?

I spent 7 years playing Enforcer and only just now started tasting the life of a Criminal character and realized the problem LTL can really be and how some in-game trolls abuse it creating a toxic environment. 

This also doesn't have to be just for criminals (even though it'd be more beneficial) but usable by enforcers also.

Edited by Afanickton
Idea add-on
  • Thanks 1

Did that actually exist? People seem to remember a "stun sniper" as well but that was just the DMR with Heavy Barrel. I don't think it's needed even if it did exist at one point. One way to remove the toxic behaviour associated with being arrested is to black out the arrested player's screen until they are saved/respawn. Would also prevent post-arrest ghosting since enfs get a penalty for killing an arrested target and won't kill him.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, SLICKIEM said:

Did that actually exist? People seem to remember a "stun sniper" as well but that was just the DMR with Heavy Barrel. I don't think it's needed even if it did exist at one point. One way to remove the toxic behaviour associated with being arrested is to black out the arrested player's screen until they are saved/respawn. Would also prevent post-arrest ghosting since enfs get a penalty for killing an arrested target and won't kill him.

It did indeed exist, and also there is still a rifle that stuns, the Agrotech DMR-AV the stamina surpasses the health damage(at least listed in-game it is, but on APB:DB they equal out.) I get a fair amount of stuns with it accidentally from afar because health damage diminishes at range drastically while the stun doesn't as much It feels like.

I feel like a screen blackout would be nice to visually stop it but voip is still a factor and that you can be rescued by teammates so you wouldn't know when to get back in the action.

Edited by Afanickton
I wrote a sentence backwards

1 minute ago, Afanickton said:

and also there is still a rifle that stuns, the Agrotech DMR-AV

That's just a DMR-SD with extra vehicle damage and no suppressor. That's it. I already said that.

17 minutes ago, SLICKIEM said:

People seem to remember a "stun sniper" as well but that was just the DMR with Heavy Barrel.

With Heavy Barrel a DMR-SD will stun guaranteed'ly. That's what people remember as the "stun sniper".

• Thanks 1

Any input on the character mod making its way back into the game then? The rifle stamina focus sounds like even more of a reason to bring this back.

If you can find some database entry for it like Air Control has, I'd want it to be put back in. But as a new mod? I dunno about that. There's gotta be some downside to it as well

2 hours ago, Afanickton said:

During RTW's tenure of APB I remember a character mod that could boost the stamina pool, I don't know why Gamers first removed it in the first place but why not bring it back?

I spent 7 years playing Enforcer and only just now started tasting the life of a Criminal character and realized the problem LTL can really be and how some in-game trolls abuse it creating a toxic environment. 

This also doesn't have to be just for criminals (even though it'd be more beneficial) but usable by enforcers also.

Energizer's stamina bonus was added to every character's default stamina pool, that's why it's not around anymore.

2 hours ago, Similarities said:

Energizer's stamina bonus was added to every character's default stamina pool, that's why it's not around anymore.

So when it was removed the default for stamina is now +15% more? Seems like LTL is still a significant problem though and could do with a character mod still.

30 minutes ago, Afanickton said:

So when it was removed the default for stamina is now +15% more? Seems like LTL is still a significant problem though and could do with a character mod still.

Yes, when it was removed they added 15% to stamina. I've never really had an issue with LTL on my crim characters, so I don't know, but I'm all for some more variation than what we have right now I guess.

if not a mod then some kind of balance for ltl and arrest its rediculous that only crims get taken out for longer 

10 hours ago, Afanickton said:

If you're losing to LTL you'd lose even harder to lethal.

• Like 2

Even though the original idea of a stamina mod isn't necessarily that relevant, there are two issues mentioned in this thread, which I agree with:

• the lack of a crim substitution for LTL weapons
  • the obvious dethreating exploit involving killing arrested players
  • Like 1

We need enforcer ram raid too.

I been using ltl lately and there are people that kill me in a blink... so i dont see any problem with ltl.

Edited by Excalibur!

On 7/8/2018 at 11:53 AM, NecrophileChick said:

Even though the original idea of a stamina mod isn't necessarily that relevant, there are two issues mentioned in this thread, which I agree with:

• the lack of a crim substitution for LTL weapons
  • the obvious dethreating exploit involving killing arrested players

It would be nice for Criminals to have something combat-oriented like LTL instead of "Crims have ram raiding, Enfs have LTL" which is a bit silly imo.

10 hours ago, Excalibur! said:

We need enforcer ram raid too.

I been using ltl lately and there are people that kill me in a blink... so i dont see any problem with ltl.

An easy way to do this might be to have faction themed areas of town per district where one side is 'normal' (for Crims to ram raid) and the other would be seedy (for Enfs to ram raid).

As for "I use LTL and some people kill me really fast" is very anecdotal evidence to use. Everyone is different. For instance, I would like to see diminishing returns for LTL as going against a good group of players all using LTL is a bit much, but I haven't thought too hard on it.

Edited by Triksterism

20 minutes ago, Triksterism said:

It would be nice for Criminals to have something combat-oriented like LTL instead of "Crims have ram raiding, Enfs have LTL" which is a bit silly imo.

An easy way to do this might be to have faction themed areas of town per district where one side is 'normal' (for Crims to ram raid) and the other would be seedy (for Enfs to ram raid).

As for "I use LTL and some people kill me really fast" is very anecdotal evidence to use. Everyone is different. For instance, I would like to see diminishing returns for LTL as going against a good group of players all using LTL is a bit much, but I haven't thought too hard on it.

Nope, when i start firing my stabba ccg EVERYONE already kills me. Is not anecdotal is fact.

People fear what they dont know... most people never used ltl and think its op. But like someone upside said

On 7/8/2018 at 7:31 AM, NotZombieBiscuit said:

If you're losing to LTL you'd lose even harder to lethal.

And this is not but pure truth.

Another bad side about ltl is that teams kills ur stuns ALL the time. And even get farther on it and tk u without reason.

Edited by Excalibur!

2 minutes ago, Excalibur! said:

Nope, when i start firing my stabba ccg EVERYONE already kills me. Is not anecdotal is fact.

People fear what they dont know... most people never used ltl and think its op. But like someone upside said

And this is not but pure true.

JrVsqbL.png

I'm not trying to attack you here or put you on the defensive. But what you said fits the description.

It's like if I said "Shotguns suck! Everyone kills me when I use one"

18 minutes ago, Triksterism said:

JrVsqbL.png

I'm not trying to attack you here or put you on the defensive. But what you said fits the description.

It's like if I said "Shotguns suck! Everyone kills me when I use one"

You are pulling things out of your patootie im not in defensive.

Got mvp few times arresting if you are acusing me of bad.

Edited by Excalibur!

Just now, Excalibur! said:

You are pulling things out of your patootie im not in defensive.

Got mvp few times arresting if you are acusing me of bad.

I think you misunderstand. I said "I'm not trying to put you on the defensive" and by that I meant the same post I wrote that in, not anything previous. It's not easy to tell if someone is being a banana or not in these forum responses and I wanted to make sure you knew I wasn't trying to belittle you with my post about the definition.

I'm also not accusing you of being bad. All I'm saying is everyone is different.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Triksterism said:

I think you misunderstand. I said "I'm not trying to put you on the defensive" and by that I meant the same post I wrote that in, not anything previous. It's not easy to tell if someone is being a banana or not in these forum responses and I wanted to make sure you knew I wasn't trying to belittle you with my post about the definition.

I'm also not accusing you of being bad. All I'm saying is everyone is different.

If anything anecdotical here is ltl being disbalanced or op, and you know it.

But why telling THEM thats its anecdotical? Because you agree with them but you disagree with me, and you call me anecdotical lmao.

Edited by Excalibur!

3 minutes ago, Excalibur! said:

If anything anecdotical here is ltl being disbalanced or op, and you know it.

But why telling THEM thats its anecdotical? Because you agree with them but you disagree with me, and you call me anecdotical lmao.

This is a bit jumbled, so correct me if I'm wrong. Are you saying that I have said LTL is OP/unbalanced and that me saying that is anecdotal? If so, are you referring to when I said

I would like to see diminishing returns for LTL as going against a good group of players all using LTL is a bit much, but I haven't thought too hard on it.

? If so, I believe you are misunderstanding what I was saying. I don't believe LTL is OP or unbalanced. But if you are going up against a full team of LTL and they are coordinating corner peaking or anything, you get stunned almost instantly. I was saying applying diminishing returns would be nice (so that after 1 person shooting you with LTL, other people shooting you with LTL would do less. As I said I haven't given it any in-depth thought and the only reason I feel like it should exist is due to how LTL slows the enemy as well as knocking them out from respawning for a while. Otherwise I wouldn't care.

I'm not calling YOU anecdotal, I was saying your statements were.

6 minutes ago, Triksterism said:

This is a bit jumbled, so correct me if I'm wrong. Are you saying that I have said LTL is OP/unbalanced and that me saying that is anecdotal? If so, are you referring to when I said

? If so, I believe you are misunderstanding what I was saying. I don't believe LTL is OP or unbalanced. But if you are going up against a full team of LTL and they are coordinating corner peaking or anything, you get stunned almost instantly. I was saying applying diminishing returns would be nice (so that after 1 person shooting you with LTL, other people shooting you with LTL would do less. As I said I haven't given it any in-depth thought and the only reason I feel like it should exist is due to how LTL slows the enemy as well as knocking them out from respawning for a while. Otherwise I wouldn't care.

I'm not calling YOU anecdotal, I was saying your statements were.

But you want ltl for crims... and thats absolutly smart.

You want equality and its proven to fail everywhere. Let the faction have their identity.

3 minutes ago, Excalibur! said:

But you want ltl for crims... and thats absolutly smart.

You want equality and its proven to fail everywhere. Let the faction have their identity.

I dont want Crims to have LTL.

Here is what I said:

I would like for them to have 'something' combat-oriented. Currently the differences are: Crims have ram-raiding (not combat-oriented) and Enfs have LTL.

1 minute ago, Triksterism said:

I dont want Crims to have LTL.

Here is what I said:

I would like for them to have 'something' combat-oriented. Currently the differences are: Crims have ram-raiding (not combat-oriented) and Enfs have LTL.

Is the same.

Crims already ahve weapons, what else they need? Nothing.

You are very anecdotal.

2 minutes ago, Excalibur! said:

Is the same.

Crims already ahve weapons, what else they need? Nothing.

You are very anecdotal.

I have explained myself in regards to every argument/issue you've brought up but now are seemingly taking things personally. I think I can say we all just want a better game in the end.

10 minutes ago, Triksterism said:

I have explained myself in regards to every argument/issue you've brought up but now are seemingly taking things personally. I think I can say we all just want a better game in the end.

Ofc, and adding unnecessary things wont help it.

I been maining crim and i see NO troubles against ltl or i wanted to use ltl or a variant of it.

You took it personally, not me.

Edited by Excalibur!