BlatMan

Increase the FPS limit without a 120hz monitor

Many players are limited to 101fps because they do not have a 120Hz or higher monitor. If you are one of these users, this guide is for you.

Notes:

• This will not affect overall performance. If you do not get 100fps on average, you most likely will not benefit from this setting.
  • For AMD GPUs, you might need to find an alternative solution. I do not have an AMD GPU to test with. (Feedback welcomed)

Warning: DO NOT set your monitor's refresh rate to the 120hz. You will mostly likely get a black screen and may need to boot your PC in safe mode to fix it. APB does not care what your refresh rate is, it just looks at the extension blocks for a 120hz entry.

Requirements:

Custom Resolution Utility:

- http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/custom_resolution_utility.html

- https://www.monitortests.com/forum/Thread-Custom-Resolution-Utility-CRU

1). Download CRU, extract the .zip file, and open the application. You should see something similar to this:

pDKbt6P.png

2a). Under "Standard resolutions" click "Add..." You should see a window popup. Enter "120" next to Refresh rate.

i0otJ8H.png

2b). If you do not have enough slots left for Standard resolutions, select click "Add..." under "Extension blocks."

- In the popup window, click "Add..." under "Detailed resolutions."

- For "Timing", select "Automatic - LCD Standard." Enter "120" next to Refresh rate. Click "OK", then click "OK" again.

3). Click OK on the main window, and the applications should close.

4). Inside the extracted folder, run the appropriate application. This will restart your graphics driver.
- For users with a 64 Bit OS: "restart64programprogram"
- For users with a 32 Bit OS: "restartprogramprogram"

5). Launch APB. When in game, open the chat box and type "/fps". You should now see 121 fps as the limit.

- Now enjoy your extra 20 frames per second.

Edited by MrsHappyPenguin
Clarification
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Nice! Works like a charm.

Though you should add under step 2a):

"Pick your in-game resolution when creating a "Standard Resolution" entry."

" DO NOT set your monitor's refresh rate to the 120hz. "

"Enter "120" next to Refresh rate,"

i dont understand ur tutorial

What is the point of this, if you have a 60hz monitor?

• Thanks 3

On 7/7/2018 at 6:51 PM, MrsHappyPenguin said:

Many players are limited to 101fps because they do not have a 120Hz or higher monitor. If you are one of these users, this guide is for you.

I'm at 101fps, 60hz screen ->

On 7/7/2018 at 6:51 PM, MrsHappyPenguin said:

Warning: DO NOT set your monitor's refresh rate to the 120hz

after this modding I will have more issues to my pc coz conflict with hz difference. Please can you be a bit more detailed coz if users follow instructions their pc can fly away or run-Forest-Gump way .)))
**we can find others ways to blowup pc at water, oil and fire, pee, thermal glue instead of thermal paste, grease instead of thermal paste.

*another joke, but never do it please!!! ];->  grease your brakes before get to road

Edited by Dahel

im confused on how to do this

5 minutes ago, MrBubbleTea said:
How u do that tho 
did you install this custom res thingy?

32 minutes ago, CrucialSoul said:

Yes, afaik it tries to overclock ur monitor. A direct jump to 120hz will either cause u blue screen or brick ur monitor or allow u to have 120hz refresh rate. 

3 hours ago, MrBubbleTea said:
12 hours ago, Dahel said:

I'm at 101fps, 60hz screen ->

How u do that tho 

Vsync off at nvidia global setts and at game.

At older pc csgo fps was 550

At old game rogue trip fps 5000+

Edited by Dahel

3 hours ago, MrBubbleTea said:
3 hours ago, CrucialSoul said:

Yes, afaik it tries to overclock ur monitor. A direct jump to 120hz will either cause u blue screen or brick ur monitor or allow u to have 120hz refresh rate. 
It should not overclock your monitor if you don't select the 120hz profile. I haven't tested it on AMD but it should be the same. All this does is adds a 120hz profile. If it does switch to 120hz, it's because the user accidentally chose it, or an application is automatically choosing it without the user knowing. I used this for over a year with a 60hz display without issues, with various drivers and GPUs. The last GPU I used it on was a GTX 970.

I hope LO add the option to unlock the fps, or at minimum lets everyone have access to 120fps without needing a workaround. The 100fps limit doesn't make sense. Edited by MrsHappyPenguin

Thats right, fps does not give advantage since tick rate lower than that, fps=tick rate=screen hz all em should be same level other way will not work

For people who don't know, even with a 60hz monitor, higher frame rates improve responsiveness in-game (with diminishing returns at 60hz, of course). It's negligible for most people, but I can tell the difference between 58fps and 60fps, or v-sync and non-v-sync 60fps. So it really makes me feel more comfortable. Try it out! It also gives me less screen tearing without needing v-sync.

Edited by SLICKIEM

gotcha haha source haha! lolaley

Edited by Dahel

Boot safe mode and rolle back settings to default.
disable vsync nvidia settings and in a game then
Remove in game settings "smooth frame rate" 

= Max fps

Edited by Dahel

pretty sure mine is a 60 htz monitor and my game shows up to 100fps sooooo... Doesn't mean i get it visibly but hey 🙂

Finally @MattScott fix some issues with performance xD b4 it was like at last 60 fps now its stable 80 jumps to 101 in high settings using advanced launcher

Still need performance fixes. Try filtering 8-16 I had out of memory ussue rofl 16gb ssd

30 minutes ago, Dahel said:

Still need performance fixes. Try filtering 8-16 I had out of memory ussue rofl 16gb ssd

pfff not for me LOL just try to use PCIeSSD with 20GB page file u will see true ultra speed 😉

i never get crashed in high settings / anyway i try ultra but its too much shit postprocess efects i didnt like

i preffer to turn on bloom and abiend aclusion if u want to faster spot players 😉 and better see staff on screen

Think filtering may caused error coz nVidia forced off at glibal setts need to chk but from another side better look at issues when 4+ engine update

Edited by Dahel

how does thing thing even work i did all the steps and i get black screen once that black screen gone i go in game still get garbage fps  someone need to make a video about this for apb cuz im confused 😕

• Like 1