Sign in to follow this  
Skullkin™

(GAME) Enough is enough! That frickin'...

...LAMPPOST! 🤬

Some might find this to be nitpicking, but I beg to differ. Forget cheaters, server issues, griefing, DDOS'ing and dethreating - this is the bane of all my suffering. So please, Little Orbit, pull this abomination of ill placed aluminium junk out by its roots, and make Financial safe to traverse by vehicle once again!

lamppost_01.jpg

lamppost_02.jpg

Thanks for your time.

• Like 1

Just now, TheFreelancer said:

There’s more of these than just one you know

This particular one has always had it out for me! 😣

I ran into a fire hydrant once and it sent me flying out the map. Im exaggerating but i got some hangtime bruhh huehuehhe

16 hours ago, TheFreelancer said:

You play since 2012 and you seriously are not aware of that particular lamppost? You need to get out of Social already.

😛 I'm joking, but seriously, it is the most strange mystery of the universe and the most deep concern of the elders of San Paro to understand who, when, how and why put that lamppost exactly in that particular place.

I guess Javez needs to fill a complain in the City Hall about that hindrance but he never did...might be some unknown reason for this, probably there's some illegal economic arrangement between the G-Kings and the government of San Paro to let them do their business if they don't complain about that lamppost?

It has been a bane of a lot of people's gameplay since the day APB was released by Real Time Worlds.

However I'm sorry to say that more significant changes are needed for the running of the game than that lamp post in financial... I'm sure everyone has hit it at least 5 times.

Lamp posts should be destructible really, just like new paper boxes, stop sights... even traffic lights

Edited by VickyFox

LOL I hate that particular lamp post so much 🤣

Just wait until you see the new map in the new engine. They have electricity poles everywhere that can't be broken. At least it is that way on the PS4 version.

Shouldn't we speak also about the amazing love-hate relationship with phone boots? Please don't tell me you have never experienced the amazing feeling of driving too close to one with your Vegas :classic_biggrin:

It was my understanding that that light pole was somehow responsible for the structural integrity of the sky.

Removing it could have dire consequences...

On 5/26/2018 at 12:36 PM, Skullkin™ said:

This particular one has always had it out for me! 😣

So true, lol.

this lamp post has been an enemy to me since about 2010, its high time we did something about it and let me tell you, boycotting it wont work because sooner or later, you will drive under that overpass then BAM it jumps out in front of you and you are bolloxed for that mission

• Like 1

On 5/26/2018 at 12:34 PM, TheFreelancer said:

yes but that oen is the most outsticking one. and dunno why we an even drive over traffic light posts and yet not those thinner lampmposts. might have to do with the lack of dynamic light and the reuslt beign weird if the post is gone and the light still there.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, LilyV3 said:

yes but that oen is the most outsticking one. and dunno why we an even drive over traffic light posts and yet not those thinner lampmposts. might have to do with the lack of dynamic light and the reuslt beign weird if the post is gone and the light still there.

that probably is the reason, but am i going out on a limb here suggesting that a indestructible, frequently driven into lamp post is more game breaking that a patch of light that stays around, alone, whilst the lamp post respawns if it could be destroyed? 

Didn't this light have a name?

I think it was called 'Steve' at one point

Edited by MStomm

On 6/10/2018 at 5:11 AM, MStomm said:

Didn't this light have a name?

I think it was called 'Steve' at one point

in that case, "Go to hell Steve, you go to hell and you die!"

• Like 1

As much as i agree with this post and how these lampost are made out of some mystical element that never budges an inch. I also think it would be funny if little orbit ends up adding like 50 lampost their blocking it off for a day just to spite/troll everyone. And then remove em along with the original lampost the next day. :insert smug face here:

Edited by Verixonsen