Sign in to follow this  
NotZombieBiscuit

APB Estimated to Have a Total of 5.8 Million Steam Users

Thought some of you might find insight in this recent event regarding Steam's API and leaks that allowed estimates on total player counts for games based around achievement completions. 

A good article on the subject here.

8su7CqC.png

This estimation puts APB at the 39th largest player count with 5,874,946 players. Of course this has a few issues that go beyond just estimations and likely miss some games or other variables that can put numbers way off, but is interesting to see anyway. Note this is also only just steam and would not include those who played the game through the launcher itself.

Edited by NotZombieBiscuit

90% of these players are people who probably tried the game for an hour and uninstalled 😞

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Triksterism said:

90% of these players are people who probably tried the game for an hour and uninstalled 😞

Probably because it throws them against "bad players" with fully decked out gear from the get go because "rank doesn't matter".

The mentality of that is beyond ignorant. If you really think 255 silvers don't have an advantage over a new player of similar skill level during a vehicle mission you got some issues.

1 hour ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

Thought some of you might find insight in this recent event regarding Steam's API and leaks that allowed estimates on total player counts for games based around achievement completions. 

A good article on the subject here.

8su7CqC.png

This estimation puts APB at the 39th largest player count with 5,874,946 players. Of course this has a few issues that go beyond just estimations and likely miss some games or other variables that can put numbers way off, but is interesting to see anyway. Note this is also only just steam and would not include those who played the game through the launcher itself.

Age of empires 2 hd. Hmm, which year are we exactly in?

Now it's probably at what, low thousands? Honestly I still think this game is trash and it has a LONG way before it can reach what it once was.

And in light of that, I've decided to stop even bothering to even continue to try and play until 3.5 or maybe even UE4, if that ever even makes it.

36 minutes ago, TGYuurei said:

Now it's probably at what, low thousands? Honestly I still think this game is trash and it has a LONG way before it can reach what it once was.

And in light of that, I've decided to stop even bothering to even continue to try and play until 3.5 or maybe even UE4, if that ever even makes it.

it peaked at around 5k people by launch.. if game will get back to at least 3,5k people/day its absolutely fine

Yeah..new players don't understand anything about the game, they see Armas "oh this game must be p2w" and they leave..big surprise there

If they somehow bring it to 10k players now, I will be impressed. I'm honest... that was highest real population at the same time in CBT and OBT.

Sign in to follow this