Sign in to follow this  
virginiavirgin

Am i the only one who does not agree?

2 minutes ago, Sidewayz24 said:

Also it's painfully obvious you're the one downvoting every post in this thread lol.

*downvotes the post* lol

4 minutes ago, virginiavirgin said:

Because you don’t know when to shut up so keep repeating yourself

That's a direct reflection of your reading comprehension skills in this thread.

2 minutes ago, Fennel said:

im not talking about that person, im talking about you.

Either way you’re still defending him how many people does he need to come to his aid?

3 minutes ago, Sidewayz24 said:

*downvotes the post* lol

That's a direct reflection of your reading comprehension skills in this thread.

Wheres your evidence?

I hope apb forums never change, the popcorn is always great.

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, virginiavirgin said:

No their not they are nerfing the pellets per shot i use the ogre so that means if im caught off range like 15 to 20 meters i rely on those

Pellets to have consistent damage.

They are not nerfing the pellets. 

They are changing how damage is dealt per pellet. Currently all pellets do equal damage, with the change the first pellet hit will do more damage than the last. This wont change damage on perfect shots, but if you only hit 3 pellets on a shot, you will soon do more damage than you currently do hitting the same 3 pellets.

Its a buff to bad aiming shotgun users. Not in any way a nerf. 

Edited by CookiePuss

5 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

They are changing how damage is dealt per pellet. Currently all pellets do equal damage, with the change the first pellet hit will do more damage than the last. This wont change damage on perfect shots, but if you only hit 3 pellets on a shot, you will soon do more damage than you currently do hitting the same 3 pellets.

Well ill have to wait and see but in all honesty i thought shotguns were fine before i just like consistency in my weapons i just don’t believe that this is a buff you know.

10 minutes ago, virginiavirgin said:

6 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

You have to explain it like you were talking to 4th graders.

Basically this change means that lets say your shotgun shoots 5 pellets: 1st one does 10 damage; 2nd does 9 damage; 3rd does 8; 4th 7; 5th 6

Currently shotguns work this way: those 5 pellets all do, lets say, 7 damage; that means when you hit those pellets they will all do that 7 damage.

In the scenario of you missing any of those "5" pellets, right now you will do less damage, but after the change, you will do more damage, because the first few pellets do more damage compared to the last pellets.

If they still do not get it they should seek some help or something, and im not even trying to be mean.

28 minutes ago, Rolpack said:

You have to explain it like you were talking to 4th graders.

Basically this change means that lets say your shotgun shoots 5 pellets: 1st one does 10 damage; 2nd does 9 damage; 3rd does 8; 4th 7; 5th 6

Currently shotguns work this way: those 5 pellets all do, lets say, 7 damage; that means when you hit those pellets they will all do that 7 damage.

In the scenario of you missing any of those "5" pellets, right now you will do less damage, but after the change, you will do more damage, because the first few pellets do more damage compared to the last pellets.

If they still do not get it they should seek some help or something, and im not even trying to be mean.

Did i ask you? Also how do i know if this is true when the stats of each weapon is different and im not trying to be “mean” either

8 minutes ago, virginiavirgin said:

Did i ask you? Also how do i know if this is true when the stats of each weapon is different and im not trying to be “mean” either

Im sure we will get a detailed explaination around the time the patch goes live. 

Soon we should be able to test it out ourselves on OTW though, so thats something to look forward to. 

Edited by CookiePuss

1 minute ago, CookiePuss said:

Im sure we will get a detailed explaination around the time the patch goes live. 

Soon we should be able to test it out ourselves on OTW though, so thats something to look forward to. 

Thanks

• Like 1

2 hours ago, virginiavirgin said:

Either way you’re still defending him how many people does he need to come to his aid?

Wheres your evidence?

no im not, you just have a bad notion of projecting things on to people, but i already lost all interest so move on.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Excalibur! said:

Everyone will be using shotguns now... like if they werent strong enough already. This is gona be bad.

Shotguns will just get a little easier, not better.

1 minute ago, Excalibur! said:

Everyone will be using shotguns now... like if they werent strong enough already. This is gona be bad.

There was a time when shotguns really were op, sorta missed that, but lets hope for a middle ground like what this is going to be.

have you ever used a pump shotgun, and shot a enemy in the dead center while being in heavy moment, and realize that your hit didn't register? it drives me crazy.

8 minutes ago, Fennel said:

no im not, you just have a bad notion of projecting things on to people, but i already lost all interest so move on.

You’re still responding you’re the one who needs to move on don’t contradict yourself

1 minute ago, virginiavirgin said:

You’re still responding you’re the one who needs to move on don’t contradict yourself

False you got your answer so you should move on. Because you are the only one who doesn't agree with the changes.

10 minutes ago, SelttikS said:

There was a time when shotguns really were op, sorta missed that, but lets hope for a middle ground like what this is going to be.

I dont, it was fucked up being forced to use shotgun all the time.

They are good enough already.

5 minutes ago, SelttikS said:

False you got your answer so you should move on. Because you are the only one who doesn't agree with the changes.

But im not forcing it onto people and nobody is forcing you to respond so if anything you’re the one who needs to move on.

This is the beginning of a pass on BALANCING WEAPONS. Forgive me if I sound condescending but this isn't just a random nerf to a specific weapon type. This is an attempt to balance them all, and make them work more as intended. People lost HVR762 QS, and are gaining a better shotgun mechanic. Sorry if that sounds dumb to you, but it makes sense to me. Lose the ability to two shot at close range with a weapon that wasn't intended for it, gain the ability with weapons that were absolutely intended for it. The only difference? You can snipe a shotgunner. You can't snipe a sniper it just ends up being a game of who mistakenly pops up first. 

This promotes Skillful gameplay with both weapon types.

Edited by CrunkGirl
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, CrunkGirl said:

This is the beginning of a pass on BALANCING WEAPONS. Forgive me if I sound condescending but this isn't just a random nerf to a specific weapon type. This is an attempt to balance them all, and make them work more as intended. People lost HVR762 QS, and are gaining a better shotgun mechanic. Sorry if that sounds dumb to you, but it makes sense to me. Lose the ability to two shot with a weapon that wasn't intended for it, gain the ability with weapons that were absolutely intended for it. The only difference? You can snipe a shotgunner. You can't snipe a sniper it just ends up being a game of who mistakenly pops up first. 

Very much truth here. Shotguns are getting basically a buff for when you fail aim and people are for some reason thinking it is a nerf.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SelttikS said:

Very much truth here. Shotguns are getting basically a buff for when you fail aim and people are for some reason thinking it is a nerf.

I wouldn't even say it's a buff for failed aim, because I get partial hits all the time at point blanc aiming at chest. I've been mainly using the Strife for a couple months lol. I really think it's just compensation for the nerf G1 took on shotguns when they removed the overpowered middle pellet and made hit registry near non-existent.

1 hour ago, Excalibur! said:

I dont, it was fucked up being forced to use shotgun all the time.

They are good enough already.

Except you can use other weapons too.... Even at the shotguns heights, there were plenty of other weapons doing perfectly well in the meta. Also, the reason they dominated so well was because of their old mechanics. that circle spread made it vastly easier to hit the your pellets and you would know exactly where they were going. Also dealing I think it was like 750 and 850 soft damage per shot is what made them so strong. You could give yourself ample time to line up your follow up and retain the same potency. Now if you do that, you will have to shoot again. 

I don't understand why everyone is so afraid of having shotguns become a reliable weapon again. Its not like they're making them the CQC HVR they were. And no they are not. They are spotty at best, far too inconsistent to be a reliable weapon against high skilled players.

Edited by Sidewayz24

The shotgun change is being made to make shotguns more reliable, not to make them better. 

To quote MattScott:

"Currently we feel they (shotguns) are powerful but very inconsistent, and some of this is because how our servers perform at higher latency."

Edited by CookiePuss

The shotgun change will hopefully make the use of less reputable shotguns used more, (Stock NFAS, Shredder, ect.) At the same time it should reduce the advantage that the tighter grouping the CSG has against the JG. The JG has always had less pellets, but more damage per pellet. Whereas it's the opposite for the CSG. (More pellets, less damage per pellet, smaller grouping.) The change in the shotgun's pellet damage mechanic is probably to give incentive to use more than the CSG/JG as well as just help the shotgun's overall reliability. 

Going into firefights with a shotgun right now is a gamble on if you can aim correctly, and also if your pellets actually land. This is why a lot of a shotgun player's strategy relies on either A: Keeping in your car, and hoping you can ditch your car when you're close and at a good angle that won't leave you open during your animation of leaving said vehicle. Or B: Holding objectives, and corners. Both of which are what you'd expect from other CQC play styles as well. (Closing distances with OCA/PMG, ect. And holding corners and objectives.) 

Shotgun's are good right now for people who have learned to use them. But removing the harsh punishment for a poor placed shot, or just one that didn't register well would be cool too with the pellet adjustment. Comparing it to an OCA/PMG or any gun, when a gun shot hits you, it hits you. It doesn't matter if it's a leg, torso, head, ect. Because it has -one- registration of a shot. Whereas a shotgun, even if you do hit a leg, torso, ect. There's the off chance your pellets aren't all going to hit. 

TL;DR It's a gamble, hopefully the tweak doesn't make them braindead easy. But also removes the gamble aspect of pellet registration. 

but what would I know I'm just an idiot. just throwing my 2 cents out there. B^)

Sign in to follow this