Sign in to follow this  
LChristy

Increase layers on "Symbol Designer"

Hello Little Orbit Developer Team,

can we get some layer increase on Symbol Designer? 150 will be awesome.

Thanks 😃

Edited by Keinname
  • Like 1

not only that can you guys improve designer a bit, its old and lacking a lot I'm sure i could find more if i think a bit about it? make it so u can make custom shapes? and if u make a symbol and add it to another it only takes 1 layer. if not add more than 150 as suggested here for awesome symbols

2 hours ago, CoLdAs1cE said:

not only that can you guys improve designer a bit, its old and lacking a lot I'm sure i could find more if i think a bit about it? make it so u can make custom shapes? and if u make a symbol and add it to another it only takes 1 layer. if not add more than 150 as suggested here for awesome symbols

The symbol designer allows you to translate, rotate, scale, and skew. These are the basic operations that can be achieved by applying matrix math on a shape. Anything else, such as moving individual points of a shape, would require a tremendous amount of work, and may not even be feasible since saving the alterations becomes exceedingly more complicated. Edited by Xnetexe

but not free control over symbols if i remember correctly. and controls and so is very dated. and more layers and if u add another symbol to another it should only count as 1 and so on

I dont really want to complain but:

1. 100 layers are perfect since its a challenge to make a symbol look good with only that amout of layers and thats what i call art. (I too did complain about the 100 layer limit but only because like max 10 more layers would help to make the symbol perfect. 50 layers more are just too many and it would be too simple to create good symbols.) 2. it also wouldnt be a good idea to add already designed symbols to another symbol and only take 1 layer for it to get added. if that would be the case then I would for example create a portrait do the eyes, the mouth, the nose in one symbol and still have 99 layers left for the whole face and background, now making the background on another symbol and its 98 layers for just the face shape and shadows. sorry but that would just cause problems i think... 3. if you really want to change something than what about increasing the layers for non premium users to at least 50 and add 1 or 2 new pages with new shapes? 

anyways thank you for opening this topic because some changes would be nice tho 🙂 ! (also thats only my opinion I dont really want to attack anyone)

On 7/31/2018 at 2:54 PM, CoLdAs1cE said:

but not free control over symbols if i remember correctly. and controls and so is very dated. and more layers and if u add another symbol to another it should only count as 1 and so on

this would lead to 1000 layer symbols, i doubt the servers would be able to handle 100 people with that level of customization 

Well, I made a Camouflage with 70 Symbols. Not 100. Just 70. I put 5 on my clothing parts each. After a tshirt, trousers, shoes, handwear I couldnt add any more outfit parts because the "Bottom Bar" which shows the detail wealth of your outfit was full. Even if you could make a symbol with 1000 triangles. You could put one on your tshirt and thats it. cant even get trousers ...

wait for the engine update for requests like this :D

Adding more layers seems unnecessary and taxing. If you're creative, you can make incredibly detailed things with just the 100 symbols. Take a look at what some of the other designers have done, and then look at your own designs to see how you can get the most out of the smallest number of symbols.

If I were to suggest a change to the symbol editor, I would suggest adding a mask option that only effects the layer directly below it. In theory this alone would significantly increase the potential for complexity without actually taking up more space in terms of data for the server to manage.

Unfortunately, I've never once in my time playing APB seen any developer make the slightest change to the customization tools. Since it's the one thing about APB that is objectively superior to any other game, their hesitance to tweak these systems tells me that they no longer have anyone around who knows how, and are afraid of messing something up. (Hrm, that sounded overly critical, but I really don't blame them.)