Sign in to follow this  
Winter Shyvana

My game is too dark

Good day,

I dunno what I did wrong but my game seems to have become so dark I barely see anything at night. This happened to me after I formatted my PC and reinstalled APB. Maybe I did something wrong? I need some tech advice here if you please, if someone knows how to fix this. I think my issue is mostly related to shadows? I dunno ...

20 minutes ago, Winter Shyvana said:

Good day,

I dunno what I did wrong but my game seems to have become so dark I barely see anything at night. This happened to me after I formatted my PC and reinstalled APB. Maybe I did something wrong? I need some tech advice here if you please, if someone knows how to fix this. I think my issue is mostly related to shadows? I dunno ...

it seems you just uncheck dynamic lightmaps/lights in the advanced launcher. just check it and everything should look ok again. if not check your brightness in the video settings. 

1 minute ago, PersianTiger said:

it seems you just uncheck dynamic lightmaps/lights in the advanced launcher. just check it and everything should look ok again. if not check your brightness in the video settings. 

Your reply is much appreciated, thank you. However, I don't use the advanced launcher. Everything is vanilla for me.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Winter Shyvana said:

Your reply is much appreciated, thank you. However, I don't use the advanced launcher. Everything is vanilla for me.

well. your kindness, but if you could check it with the advanced launcher, it would be better. and why dont you post a picture of it ?

Just now, PersianTiger said:

well. your kindness, but if you could check it with the advanced launcher, it would be better. and why dont you post a picture of it ?

I was going to do that, then I realized it's daytime right now on APB. I will try to keep the advanced launcher fix as a last resort if you don't mind, if nothing else helps.

Btw, on my advanced graphics I have everything checked, except low quality health HUD, if that could be of any help.

5 minutes ago, Winter Shyvana said:

I was going to do that, then I realized it's daytime right now on APB. I will try to keep the advanced launcher fix as a last resort if you don't mind, if nothing else helps.

Btw, on my advanced graphics I have everything checked, except low quality health HUD, if that could be of any help.

ah ok, its up to you. just wanted to help. 

• Thanks 1

What graphic card are you using?

Nvidia has a tab in the driver control panel that will allow you to adjust the gamma value, which is what i'd recommend.

Otherwise try to disable Ambient Occlusion and Bloom (those will cause significant lighting differences and hence darker shadowed areas) and crank brightness in game up to 4.

ok m8 i have no clue what ur problem is cos u didnt give a screenshot of ur game or settings
its either
1. ur pc is broken
2. brightness of pc is low
3. brightness of game is low
4. bloom is disabled
5. u didnt use advanced launcher correctly

On 7/10/2018 at 8:46 AM, professionalgamer said:

1. ur pc is broken

like that

tech, yeah,
nVidia control panel
1. ->>>> Adjust desktop colour settings
2. Choose how to colour is set.
-> Brightness to 100%
-> Contrast to 100%
-> gamma to 2.80

3. Apply the following enchancements
-> Digital vibrance to 100%

any feedback?

Edited by Dahel

Thank you guys for your answers. I will try these suggestions as soon as the potato servers are back online. 

1 hour ago, xATKx said:

Tick the bloom in game settings

I've already checked it. It's a weird kind of dark I'm having, like gamma or something. I'll upload a screenshot after the game is playable again.

For me the game gets really dark when bloom is disabled in settings. If you haven't already, try enabling that.

Edit: Oops, someone already suggested that. I should probably read before posting ^^

Edited by The_Shroom