Performance enhancing vehicle mods?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think it would be a nice addition?

• Yes
    • No

So I thought that since mods like steel plating reduce speed, why not have a mod that makes it so that it has a slightly higher top speed and better acceleration but takes more damage from weapons?

Something like Weight Reduction 1-3 or the likes.

Maybe even high torque mods? Just something so each car is more unique than the kit and colours it bears.

Just minor differences, maybe nothing that is meta shaking or anything. Like not overkill on increase in top speed, maybe by 1.2 kms or so. (for reference the cisco has a top speed of 80 or so kmph, and the normal vegas has a top speed of 83 or so.)

Just a thought, I'm sure someone has thought and talked about this before but I'm curious on how the community would feel if given the choice. And if you do think they could add something of the likes, what would you like to see as a vehicle mod?

4 minutes ago, Trivirium said:

Like not overkill on increase in top speed, maybe by 1.2 kms or so

Is kms kilometers per second?

Im murican so i dont know. 

1 minute ago, CookiePuss said:

Is kms kilometers per second?

Im murican so i dont know. 

kmph, So yeah, Kilometers per hour. 

1 minute ago, Trivirium said:

kmph, So yeah, Kilometers per hour. 

ahh... cuz when I read 1.2kms I was like "72kmph???"

it’d ben interesting i suppose, but top speed is 25m/s iirc, dunno if that’s a hard lock or not tho

Emergency break. Opposite of Nitro 3.

Brings the car to a hard stop, maybe turn it into an almost immovable object.

Dumb Idea. Probably be abused, probably too silly.

Another orange mod, unflip car like in H1Z1. Probably too silly. I dont know lol

Just now, Shini said:

Emergency break. Opposite of Nitro 3.

Brings the car to a hard stop, maybe turn it into an almost immovable object.

Dumb Idea. Probably be abused, probably too silly.

Another orange mod, unflip car like in H1Z1. Probably too silly. I dont know lol

All I can think of when you say that is Armor Lockup from Halo Reach lmaooo

Yes but for 1.2kmph it would not be worth anything, maybe 5 times that, but then idk how stable the servers are

Just now, N66 said:

Yes but for 1.2kmph it would not be worth anything, maybe 5 times that, but then idk how stable the servers are

Only issue I see with that is that if meta changing speed is a few kms, nulander is topping out at like 75 kms and vegas is at 83... So if we go slamming it up by 20, you're gonna be ripping through the city at the speed of sound.

22 minutes ago, Shini said:

If they released that, every one of my cars would automatically use it by default.

I hoping Matt and the devs would see this. Please make a mod that negates spawning cost. I would buy so many vehicle kits from armas then cause I wont be driving a han veo anymore.

4 hours ago, BXNNXD said:

it’d ben interesting i suppose, but top speed is 25m/s iirc, dunno if that’s a hard lock or not tho

If I remember correctly, the reason for this was vehicles going faster than that would crash the game. I'm not sure how true this is.

4 hours ago, Trivirium said:

Only issue I see with that is that if meta changing speed is a few kms, nulander is topping out at like 75 kms and vegas is at 83... So if we go slamming it up by 20, you're gonna be ripping through the city at the speed of sound.

Why not take my idea which is giving 'bonuses' to different vehicles?

EXAMPLE: Han Veo = Increased range of the radar tower, increased benefit from fireproofing

Or make steel plating give resistance to explosives but ONLY on weaker vehicles (aka vehicles that cant already take 1 rocket). Give a % penalty to using steel plating on carry vehicles (namely the Pioneer and Espacio) but give them a bonus to car spawner -- HOLD ON, hear me out --> Pio/Espacio car spawner bonus to reduce the radius of denial. I think that would be fair with the steel plating penalty.

There's all sorts of things LO could do with a system like this VS adding new mods. I feel this 'bonus/penalty' idea would be a great way to shake up the meta.

https://forums.gamersfirst.com/topic/676-make-apb-greatfor-the-first-time-a-list/

Edited by Triksterism

I remember there was 4x4 mod in APB DB.(not now)

jack up and increase acceleration.

I want it on my pioneer.

Edited by dett2