MattScott

Upcoming Weapon Balance changes

On 7/13/2018 at 12:23 PM, AgentRick said:

Quickswitching and crazy shots like the one below are hopefully what they're looking at removing:

^^This is exactly what needs to be removed, this is not what snipers are intended for and it's annoying asf. and no this technique does not require skill what so ever. it's just another one of this games broken patootie mechanics. Edited by iTzHaze
  • Like 1

That guy just carplayed wrong, also hes using the wrong vehicle.
Using a "tall" vehicle (pioneer / espacio for example) and interposing the vehicle between himself and the HVR, he should have had no trouble killing the HVR.
That was just a clip of silver level gameplay tbh.

Edited by CookiePuss

On 7/9/2018 at 12:15 AM, Kewlin said:

Agreed, I always consider the N-TEC kinda' the standard of balance.

Extremely flawed thinking, as far as I'm concerned.
If you take the N-Tec as a baseline, every other weapon would have to do good in more than it's particular niche, just like the N-Tec. It is an outlier to ARs, because it can kill as fast as an SMG, is as precise as a rifle and still retains the typical traits of an assault rifle, like decent range and accuracy.

The STAR is a much better weapon to look at for decent balancing. It does everything an AR should do well, but nothing exceptionally so. The N-Tec was obviously supposed to trade prolonged accuracy for initial precision. But for no good reason it got a lower TTK and high accuracy recovery on top. One or the other would've made sense. Not both.

On 7/13/2018 at 4:23 PM, Kempington said:
Unless you can prove that, that's definitely a placebo.

I sometimes feel like the vas-r2 "sword" recoils less, but I know it doesn't. You be surprised what the mind does in situations where visual and sound are different, but the mechanisms are exactly the same.
The VAS-R2 is shorter than the N-Tec and CR-5, because of the bullpup design. This might result in a reduced screen-shake, because the barrel has to move less to achieve the same amount of recoil. So technically it goes up the same amount (e.g. 5mm), but at a reduced angle (e.g. 2° vs 3°). Assuming the recoil is essentially a triangle with one corner at the center of the player avatar, going into a right angle at the tip of the barrel and a movement vector going out towards the recoil-direction. Edited by Revoluzzer

2 hours ago, Revoluzzer said:

If you take the N-Tec as a baseline, every other weapon would have to do good in more than it's particular niche, just like the N-Tec. It is an outlier to ARs, because it can kill as fast as an SMG, is as precise as a rifle and still retains the typical traits of an assault rifle, like decent range and accuracy.

The STAR is a much better weapon to look at for decent balancing. It does everything an AR should do well, but nothing exceptionally so. The N-Tec was obviously supposed to trade prolonged accuracy for initial precision. But for no good reason it got a lower TTK and high accuracy recovery on top. One or the other would've made sense. Not both.

Ntec recoil is absurd. You need to control fire it and even then is not the best choice when you need to play under a lot of pressure. Also you cant hipfire it and be accurate and fast moving as a submachine gun (that is basically the strong point of pointman guns for cqc).

The ntec is op meme really needs to die because its getting really boring...

EDIT: a bit of ping like mine and you wont not only register fully all your shots, but die everytime against most anything even when you try to fire it as flawless as posible. Thing that doesnt happen when playing with other weapons that require more bullets and with major rof, like atac.
Sometimes i wish people would play with 150-200ms to understand how weapons would work with that kind of ping, because def works diferent. Not everyone plays with 10ms and kill with the necessary amount of bullets to kill (i can count with my hands the times i killed with 6 bullet using ntec, i allways needed like twice that number).

5 hours ago, iTzHaze said:
^^This is exactly what needs to be removed, this is not what snipers are intended for and it's annoying asf. and no this technique does not require skill what so ever. it's just another one of this games broken patootie mechanics.
Thats just luck. Try to do it 5 times without failing the same scenario.
Harder challenge: with people that moves.

EDIT:
even harder challenge: players firing you with hit reg (you can see in the vid they are not registering bullets, sniper would have died the moment that guy gets off the car). Edited by Excalibur!

10 minutes ago, Excalibur! said:
Thats just luck. Try to do it 5 times without failing the same scenario.
Harder challenge: with people that moves.
Ohhh trust me it's easy, easy but really dirty. quick slap with your secondary, crouch (don't ADS) and take that snapshot. so long as your crosshair is over the enemy it WILL hit. there's no luck involved.

9 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

Where does threat come into play with any of this?

11 minutes ago, Darkzero3802 said:
9 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

Where does threat come into play with any of this?
Threat is a measure of ability.
The video in question showed poor gameplay ability, ie: silver level gameplay.

5 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:
You make it seem like golds are perfection. nobodies perfect and threat has nothing to do with APB broken physics.

1 minute ago, Darkzero3802 said:
8 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:
You make it seem like golds are perfection. nobodies perfect and threat has nothing to do with APB broken physics.
I make it seem like a good player would not have died in that confrontation.
No broken physics were involved. Just bad gameplay.

16 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:
Anyone could die in that situation, good players just have less of a chance.

Just now, Darkzero3802 said:
17 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:
Anyone could die in that situation, good players just have less of a chance.
Yes, if you make bad plays you are likely to die, and good players are less likely to make bad plays. 

Just now, CookiePuss said:
Yes, if you make bad plays you are likely to die, and good players are less likely to make bad plays. 

But there will still be bad plays cause nobody is perfect

1 minute ago, Darkzero3802 said:
2 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

I think you're perfect. 😘

3 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:
Lol im far from it

1 hour ago, Darkzero3802 said:
1 hour ago, CookiePuss said:

The frequency of silly mistakes is far reduced when one has proper positioning and aim, as compared to Bronze/Silvers, who often cannot hit the broadside of a barn and have the positioning of a paraplegic. Edited by Similarities

1 hour ago, CookiePuss said:
🤢 get a room already plz.

2 minutes ago, iTzHaze said:
🤢 get a room already plz.
I think you are perfect too. 😘 Edited by CookiePuss

Just now, CookiePuss said:
I think you are perfect to. 😘
why u do dis?

Just now, iTzHaze said:
1 minute ago, CookiePuss said:
I think you are perfect to. 😘
why u do dis?
🤣

2 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:
🤣
fk dis im out before the beer starts talking again 🍻

12 hours ago, Revoluzzer said:

Well obviously I don't agree with you, lol. Off the bat, the N-TEC is great, yes, but it's not overpowered, it's greatly overrated, and many other weapons are greatly underrated.

First off, in APB assault rifles are *generally* supposed to be versatile, i.e. their "niche" is that they don't have one niche, they cover a lot of ranges relatively well. The N-TEC then, like other assault rifles, can do very well in any range from say. . . 10-50m unmodded: inside 10m lots of guns are far better than it due to its bloom and hip-fire accuracy, and outside 50 it loses range and doesn't have the best accuracy (as I said, unmodded, and yes, I'm very aware the gun can get kills inside of 10m and outside of 50m, but it's not good at it.)

Other assault rifles, however, handle the idea of being all-around good guns differently, but generally are seen as non-viable due to being closer range or more high concept. The STAR, for example, is just as good as the N-TEC: It tap fires nearly as well with comparable accuracy, (9cm at 10m in MM as opposed to 8.4cm, or 45cm at 50m instead of 42cm, albeit the STAR does not burst as well,) and full-autos much better, making the STAR almost as effective as the N-TEC at 10-50m with the bonus of being entirely viable from 0-10m as well due to very effective hip-firing.

The FAR, similarly, is extremely viable, serving as a halfway point between the STAR and the old N-TEC (and the most accurate of the three I might add): the FAR is extremely viable both tap fired and in full-auto and easily effective from 0-50m unmodded.

The ATAC, similarly, simply is not trying to be the N-TEC, it fills the role of an assault rifle differently by forgoing some range and accuracy in exchange of viability in full-auto, I.E. capability to actually achieve technical TTK. Few full-auto guns in APB boast the ability to actually practically get their technical TTK, but the ATAC can easily get 0.7s kills from (I'd estimate) 10-30m, and with its serviceable hip-firing it's amazing from 0-40m, and perhaps the most close-range-viable of any assault rifle.

I think you get the point of my thought-process at this point, so I won't go on to say why I think other more controversial assault rifles are viable in their own merit (albeit slightly under powered) or why other guns outside of the assault rifle category are just as good or better than the N-TEC. I just don't get why people blow the N-TEC way out of proportion as if they have a religion based around it, 'cause just a little correction, the N-TEC doesn't kill as fast as (or do as well in CQC as) an SMG, nor is it even close to as accurate as the CR762 like you claim, plus it's among the worst assault rifles for CQC.

12 hours ago, Revoluzzer said:
The VAS-R2 is shorter than the N-Tec and CR-5, because of the bullpup design. This might result in a reduced screen-shake, because the barrel has to move less to achieve the same amount of recoil. So technically it goes up the same amount (e.g. 5mm), but at a reduced angle (e.g. 2° vs 3°). Assuming the recoil is essentially a triangle with one corner at the center of the player avatar, going into a right angle at the tip of the barrel and a movement vector going out towards the recoil-direction.

No.

My biggest concern about NTEC is its TTK, its 0.7 which makes it extremly good vs most of the close range weapons. If NTEC had its ttk changed to 0.75, just like STAR does i think the gun would be just fine.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Railer said:

My biggest concern about NTEC is its TTK, its 0.7 which makes it extremly good vs most of the close range weapons. If NTEC had its ttk changed to 0.75, just like STAR does i think the gun would be just fine.

To actually get a .7 ttk in cqc you have to get extremely lucky.

23 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:
Thats the problem, you dont.

2 minutes ago, Railer said:
26 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:
Thats the problem, you dont.
If you cant beat an ntec in cqc with an SMG or even a shotgun, thats on you fam.