MattScott

Upcoming Weapon Balance changes

23 minutes ago, Tobii said:
@LO_Beastie does the shotgun changes apply to ALL shotguns? Shredder, Ogre, nfas, ETC?
I am a big fan of the Shredder. But it's hard to use cause of the same issues that the CSG/JG have.
the shredder is nice on otw, whether because of the more stable server or the shotgun buff or some combo of both

consistent 3stk up to about 25m (with ir3), altho with the csg managing to do almost the same thing it still feels a little weak

Edited by BXNNXD
added stuff

I reckon halving the range of the CSG might do the trick. I'm honestly not sure if you'd want to do the same with the JG bit it might be for the best. At least then, IR3 would actually be a valid option to take.

Shredder would then have a comfortable roam of 25m in the shotgun category.

Still, what about the nfas, the true ogre and the thumper? Thumper must have some pretty nasty range now.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Kempington said:

Oh lord. The shredder's range now.. that'll be interesting.

@LO_Beastie are there any plans to spin up a financial and waterfront District for these weapon changes on OTW? It's nice to get a general idea of the changes on the guns in Baylan, but I feel proper run throughs would work better in missions. See where the shortcomings are and where the changes benefit the weapons.

Not for the current OTW patch, though I'll set up the data for next patch to be able to. The Prototype Baylan districts give us a fairly representative sample of combat for rough and ready testing, and provide a much faster flow on feedback. I prefer using them for the initial pass as it gets me the data/feedback I need very fast, then switch primarily to Financial / Waterfront testing once we've narrowed the stat changes down to what we think might be closer to viable balance to fine tune in an end-user environment.

3 hours ago, Tobii said:
@LO_Beastie does the shotgun changes apply to ALL shotguns? Shredder, Ogre, nfas, ETC?
 I am a big fan of the Shredder. But it's hard to use cause of the same issues that the CSG/JG have.
It does currently affect all shotguns, though the Automatic ones to a much lesser degree.

You can see a list of all the tweaks we've made here: Though if you want to skip to the question you just asked, there's a list of each shotgun's values here: https://imgur.com/a/ikTa1LL

• Like 1

Thanks again. You've done a great job with the descriptive and concise explanation of the changes. Really do appreciate it a lot.

On ‎7‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 10:57 PM, MattScott said:

Hi all,

We will be putting these changes on OTW  soon for players to test.

This system is updated every time you boot APB. We also make small tweaks to our own internal systems every patch.

Thanks,

Matt

mad scott what About the Icons we want the old Icons i think alot of People want em …..(ranking System)

1 hour ago, Exebyte said:
mad scott what About the Icons we want the old Icons i think alot of People want em …..(ranking System)
Please dont presume to speak for me. Edited by CookiePuss

End of quickswitching?
You can still combine the sniper rifles with 'Percussion Grenade' for the same effect.
Or shoot first with your 'secondary' and finish the enemy with the HVR or CQC.
Also this "Feature" does not only affect the HVR and CQC but as well other sniper rifles in the current 'OTW build'.

Eventhrough I don't necessary like this feature a' whole, since in times of need you need your 'secondary' to save the day.
Seening now days from my perspective quickswitchers are becomming rarity, or people are just bad while trying to do so.

Adding this new "feature", will do probaly more harm, then "balancing" about how or when it should be used.
In the meantime shotguns are overpowered by range in the current 'OTW'.

Edited by Harue
Attempt to correct grammar.

10 minutes ago, Harue said:

End of quickswitching?
You can still combine the sniper rifles with 'Percussion Grenade' for the same effect.
Or shoot first with your 'secondary' and finish the enemy with the HVR or CQC.
Also this "Feature" does not only affect the HVR and CQC but as well other sniper rifles.

Eventhrough I don't necessary like this feature a' whole, since in times of need you need your 'secondary' to save the day.
Seening now days from my perspective quickswitchers are becomming rarity, or people are just bad while trying to do so.

Adding this new "feature", will do probaly more harm, then "balancing" about how or when it should be used.
In the meantime shotguns are overpowered by range in 'OTW'.

You know nothing in OTW is final, not to mention there are two different versions of the balance patch being tested, right?

Or did you just hear some things and pop in to share your "wisdom"?

1 minute ago, CookiePuss said:
You know nothing in OTW is final, not to mention there are two different versions of the balance patch being tested, right?

Or did you just hear some things and pop in to share your "wisdom"?
Opinion wise and experience related apon the current "phase".

Even if it wont end quickswitching ,it will deter people from doing it since it may not be worth the effort to do.

3 hours ago, LazyLizard said:

Even if it wont end quickswitching ,it will deter people from doing it since it may not be worth the effort to do.

Full accuracy quickswitching will still happen, but if the would-be quickswitcher has to wait for the crosshair to shrink completely to fire that gives you more time to kill them.

5 hours ago, Nite said:
9 hours ago, LazyLizard said:

Full accuracy quickswitching will still happen, but if the would-be quickswitcher has to wait for the crosshair to shrink completely to fire that gives you more time to kill them.
This is what i meant. At that point might be worth choosing a wholly another rifle altogether or just settle for doing some actual sniping rather than QSing.

ur shotgun idea is systematically flawed good luck trying to adjust it...

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Putins said:

ur shotgun idea is systematically flawed good luck trying to adjust it...

would you care to elaborate

My internet is terrible right now or I'd hop on the testing grounds as well.
I'm missing out.

Only wisdom I had recently was from a fortune cookie saying brunettes are remembered.....
I only remember blondes are more fun but the brunettes are better remembered.....for all the trouble I got into from them.

@LO_Beastie I'd just like to say that an essential problem with the HVR will not be solved without reducing its damage. It just has no place in APB this way, in my view (even when using it in its intended niche / with the gun working the way it's meant to).

Short example here:

Edited by thelinux
added (...)

On 8/5/2018 at 8:51 AM, thelinux said:

@MattScottI'd just like to say that an essential problem with the HVR will not be solved without reducing its damage. It just has no place in APB this way, in my view (even when using it in its intended niche / with the gun working the way it's meant to).

Short example here:

All it takes is 4.884 seconds.

You're just bad.

(/s)

Hi all,

Lots of good discussion on this thread.
I'm going to unpin it, but only because we have a lot of pinned messages right now, and my original post is a bit outdated now.
But feel free to continue discussing here.

Thanks,
Matt

On 8/1/2018 at 6:09 PM, Exebyte said:
On 7/6/2018 at 4:57 PM, MattScott said:

Hi all,

We will be putting these changes on OTW  soon for players to test.

This system is updated every time you boot APB. We also make small tweaks to our own internal systems every patch.

Thanks,

Matt

On 8/1/2018 at 7:53 PM, CookiePuss said:
Please dont presume to speak for me.

He said, "a lot of people" and not, "everyone wants...". So I guess that doesnt presume anyone specifically. Right?

On 7/10/2018 at 1:50 PM, RespectThis said:

By accurate you mean requires you to be up in their face. That doesn't need to be nerfed. Its fine as it is. Guns should be accurate up close because its easier to hit the hitbox?

not quite , sometimes its redicilously accurate and on long distance , i once hit enemy with ntec in mid air 3 times and he was like 50m away 

I would like to say that what you people have done to the Yukon pistol is ridiculous. Also, very obvious it was done to make people buy your JMB 21s. Blatant.

1 hour ago, LYoNX369 said:

I would like to say that what you people have done to the Yukon pistol is ridiculous. Also, very obvious it was done to make people buy your JMB 21s. Blatant.

what?

the yukon is in jb20 iirc

the jb21 secondary isn’t op at all tbh