MattScott

Upcoming Weapon Balance changes

20 hours ago, CookiePuss said:
It seems fixing the servers has become the priority. 
Which makes sense... no point testing weapons on broken servers. 
What about OTW at least?

@MattScottwhat about FFA "bullshark"? maybe add fire switch to this gun? because, you know, that fact that you can't allow put any red perc in this gun - "beat" nails on it's coffin

18 minutes ago, Goldexen said:
@MattScottwhat about FFA "bullshark"? maybe add fire switch to this gun? because, you know, that fact that you can't allow put any red perc in this gun - "beat" nails on it's coffin
bullshark has preset mods, if you dont want the preset mods you need the ffa r&d III 

20 minutes ago, Goldexen said:

The Bullshark is good, remember, just because you aren't good with a gun doesn't mean it's bad.
  • Like 1

If you can manage to pre-fire the initial 2-round burst of the bullshark into nothingness and get the next 2 bursts to land on target, that's all 7 shots needed to secure the kill done in 2 mouse clicks. 2 mouse clicks!

The bullshark can legit be a 2-click kill weapon if you play your cards right and the stars align.

I've only done that once in my APB lifetime however.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BXNNXD said:
1 hour ago, Goldexen said:
bullshark has preset mods, if you dont want the preset mods you need the ffa r&d III 
btw, ffa 5.56 is obir with less FOV degree
i dont ask anything specific, like buff damage or smth else, just add function to switch fire mode between burst and full auto, bcz, you know, famas in real life famous not only because of burst mode, but the full auto with fire rate like 1000 rounds/min

19 minutes ago, Nite said:

If you can manage to pre-fire the initial 2-round burst of the bullshark into nothingness and get the next 2 bursts to land on target, that's all 7 shots needed to secure the kill done in 2 mouse clicks. 2 mouse clicks!

The bullshark can legit be a 2-click kill weapon if you play your cards right and the stars align.

I've only done that once in my APB lifetime however.

If you charge it up a bit more it's not really hard to get 2-click kills at close-mid ranges.

WHEN? Please, what is even going on... We can test them when and where?... We have heared no updates at all

1 minute ago, FluttershyI said:

WHEN? Please, what is even going on... We can test them when and where?... We have heared no updates at all

Please, dont speak for me.
  • Like 2

So is the OTW live right now? Or does anyone know a date.. or is it over.. or am I wasting my time redownloading the OTW launcher?

40 minutes ago, Trivirium said:

So is the OTW live right now? Or does anyone know a date.. or is it over.. or am I wasting my time redownloading the OTW launcher?

afaik OTW is down, and the weapons patch will not be on it

55 minutes ago, Trivirium said:

MattScott stated that the weapon changes will be tested on the live servers, in a separate district type.

@MattScott can we get a change for the Norseman guns, nobody play with it becouse its to low we need a litttttttttllle bit more damage. 
I love the Norseman "Hoenir" but that is worse than any SMG, You also have no advantage through the firearm.

Edited by TackoGirl

3 hours ago, TackoGirl said:

@MattScott can we get a change for the Norseman guns, nobody play with it becouse its to low we need a litttttttttllle bit more damage. 
I love the Norseman "Hoenir" but that is worse than any SMG, You also have no advantage through the firearm.

The Norseman is 11 STK, which basically automatically precludes it from having overdamage. It currently has 45 overdamage and the most it could possible have at 11 STK is 89, which isn't a huge difference TBH.

Either way, I'm think the issue with the Norseman is low DPS / high TTK rather than low overdamage.

Yes, professor is not important, the main thing is that they make it more popular

1 hour ago, TackoGirl said:

Yes, professor is not important, the main thing is that they make it more popular

I just bought the norseman pack and honestly, I think I goto it more than I do a PMG or OCA. I feel as if I can get the prefire in with the Hel the fight is basically over already. The Odin however, is a mix of everything and carries a minor version of the hel trait. Which, again, makes the acc better the longer you fire it. Except the Odin is by far a much more mobile platform but with less range than the hel in terms of usability.

BUT IF YOU WANNA GO BUFFING IT GO RIGHT AHEAD.

The more I think about it and discuss it, the more I continue to feel that the proposed shotgun change needs to be put on hold.

We've had consistent shotguns in the past, and the result of that was that shotguns pushed all other weapons out of viability because nothing could compete with a consistent two-shot with a high rate of fire (aka the CSG). Most of the objective locations in Financial are indoors or in enclosed spaces, which perfectly cater to the CQC nature of shotguns. Waterfront has more open locations, but most of them cater to "drive up and hop out" as well.

I would say to put the shotgun change on hold, wait until after the currently known and being worked on hitreg issues have been fixed. Once people have shaken out the state of shotguns from that, then you can reexamine the necessity of the proposed shotgun change. I can almost guarantee you that you'll find the change isn't actually needed.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Hexerin said:

The more I think about it and discuss it, the more I continue to feel that the proposed shotgun change needs to be put on hold.

We've had consistent shotguns in the past, and the result of that was that shotguns pushed all other weapons out of viability because nothing could compete with a consistent two-shot with a high rate of fire (aka the CSG). Most of the objective locations in Financial are indoors or in enclosed spaces, which perfectly cater to the CQC nature of shotguns. Waterfront has more open locations, but most of them cater to "drive up and hop out" as well.

I would say to put the shotgun change on hold, wait until after the currently known and being worked on hitreg issues have been fixed. Once people have shaken out the state of shotguns from that, then you can reexamine the necessity of the proposed shotgun change. I can almost guarantee you that you'll find the change isn't actually needed.

The shotgun buff wont make it easier to two shot. It will, however, make it easier to 3 or 4 shot.  Edited by CookiePuss

10 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:
The shotgun buff wont make it easier to two shot. It will, however, make it easier to 3 or 4 shot. 
We don't have enough information to know what it will effect most, lol.

It could be concentrated toward making it easier to 2 shot, or 3 shot, or 4 shot, we simply don't know until we have an idea of what the curve is.

14 minutes ago, Kewlin said:
We don't have enough information to know what it will effect most, lol.

It could be concentrated toward making it easier to 2 shot, or 3 shot, or 4 shot, we simply don't know until we have an idea of what the curve is.
If this change actually buffs the csg 2 shot, Imma be no happy.  That gun is already a god damn beast. 

Could just revert the ttk buff they received a few years ago if the csg and jg end up being too strong and if that doesn't do it then they could just raise it some more..  the change to make shotguns be more consistent is something that should occur regardless of what other changes they may also need to have them be balanced imo.

On 7/13/2018 at 1:23 PM, AgentRick said:

I'm hoping this isn't a total nerf to the HVR and its capabilities for CQB. It takes a lot of skill to be able to successfully utilize an HVR when the enemy is up in your face.

Quickswitching and crazy shots like the one below are hopefully what they're looking at removing:

I've watched this a solid 20 times, I can't seem to find the skill, just a noob being a noob with a weapon that's not supposed to be able to do that cqc

Something to consider when talking about Assault Rifle balance is that there are only I think 2 AR's in the game you don't have to pay money or JT's for.  Obviously the NTEC is better than the STAR.  I think the NTEC could use similar damage drop off and ammo as the other AR's, but honestly without seeing a ton of people using a lot of AR's it's hard to tell what changes if any they need being most people just sit on one.  This game really should release all guns with either no slot or one slot through progression.  I think that would spike up diversity and help all of us see that maybe some guns aren't as strong as we think they are and maybe some guns we see as weak are actually pretty strong. Just my opinion, don't flame me!!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Mercuie said:

Something to consider when talking about Assault Rifle balance is that there are only I think 2 AR's in the game you don't have to pay money or JT's for.  Obviously the NTEC is better than the STAR.  I think the NTEC could use similar damage drop off and ammo as the other AR's, but honestly without seeing a ton of people using a lot of AR's it's hard to tell what changes if any they need being most people just sit on one.  This game really should release all guns with either no slot or one slot through progression.  I think that would spike up diversity and help all of us see that maybe some guns aren't as strong as we think they are and maybe some guns we see as weak are actually pretty strong. Just my opinion, don't flame me!!

1. Every primary gun type in the game only has two or three free versions, (not including legendaries, at which point there are 4 free ARs,) which is plenty TBH.

2. The STAR is just as good as the N-TEC, it's just different.

3. The N-TEC has the same damage drop off as every other AR (except the Ursus and LCR, which can shoot further.)

4. The N-TEC has the same magazine capacity and stored ammo as the STAR, and similar kills per magazine to many assault rifles.

IMO the only reason everyone uses the N-TEC is because A] it's the longest range AR beside the Ursus and LCR and B] simply because everyone uses the N-TEC, so everyone thinks the N-TEC must be the best assault rifle. As such, I will definitely agree with you that it's hard for the general population to understand the balance between the ARs without using them themselves, I don't know what the best way would be to solve that though.
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, Kewlin said:

I don't know what the best way would be to solve that though

Weapon Test district was a nice opportunity for reg players to try out guns they didn't have (I got plenty time with the Rabid/Frenzy during those days myself) so if that comes around again, it could be the way