nerf hvr
slighty buff shotgun dmg
fix strife fire rate

my personal list

No.
Dont care either way Yukon is trash.
Literally what?
It is already getting nerfed lol.
Lol no, the buff its already getting is more than enough.
No.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:
No.
Dont care either way Yukon is trash.
Literally what?
It is already getting nerfed lol.
Lol no, the buff its already getting is more than enough.
No.
Preach!

1 hour ago, foolish ninja said:

nerf ntec in close range
fix yukon
nerf aaepd
nerf hvr
slighty buff shotgun dmg
fix strife fire rate

my personal list

what’s wrong with the strife fire rate?

35 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:
The actual fire rate is perfectly fine. I'm assuming he's talking about the wonky behavior where the Strife locks out actions after firing until the refire cycle finishes, like the HVR.

4 minutes ago, Hexerin said:
41 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:
The actual fire rate is perfectly fine. I'm assuming he's talking about the wonky behavior where the Strife locks out actions after firing until the refire cycle finishes, like the HVR.
Well duh, Imagine QSing with the strife!

12 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:
Will likely start being a thing after the shotgun changes go through. Consistent shotgun damage is a terrifying thought when it comes to the Strife.

2 minutes ago, Hexerin said:
16 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:
Will likely start being a thing after the shotgun changes go through. Consistent shotgun damage is a terrifying thought when it comes to the Strife.
Yeah, this shotgun change is going to be interesting no doubt.

18 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

I did get reverse QS with Colby 45. > Strife to work occasionally....

39 minutes ago, Nite said:
19 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

I did get reverse QS with Colby 45. > Strife to work occasionally....
Oh man, what I wouldnt give to see the look on a dudes face after getting strife QS'd !

6 minutes ago, TrinityFSB said:

Please don't ruin the Dog Ear.  It's hardly a sniper rifle to begin with... 

the issra is the assualt rifle version of the issrb, and its completely overshadowed by the dog ear/wisp

i look forward to the ttk getting a little more competitive frankly

3 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:
the issra is the assualt rifle version of the issrb, and its completely overshadowed by the dog ear/wisp

i look forward to the ttk getting a little more competitive frankly
Hardly anyone used it for a reason...  The TTK was great, but extremely unforgiving.  
It wasn't a weapon that is easy to learn by any means.

1 minute ago, TrinityFSB said:
Hardly anyone used it for a reason...  The TTK was great, but extremely unforgiving.  
It wasn't a weapon that is easy to learn by any means.
imo .85s isnt very competitive ttk for an ADS ar intended to be used under 50m 

i am slightly concerned that - like the issrb - the issra might become a little too versatile tho, since it has the same av capabilities iirc

9 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:
imo .85s isnt very competitive ttk for an ADS ar intended to be used under 50m 

i am slightly concerned that - like the issrb - the issra might become a little too versatile tho, since it has the same av capabilities iirc
I was referring more specifically to the Dog Ear.
The ISSR-a is absolute garbage.

Dog Ear is an absolute BEAST of a gun.
Maybe the most underrated gun in the game.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

I personally didnt see much of a diff between the 2 but thats me and yes everyone uses the dog ear over the Artemis but with the upcomming buff u might see the Artemis used more.

Can you fix the oca pls? lol

• Like 2

On 7/6/2018 at 4:39 PM, MattScott said:

Hi everyone,

In the spirit of transparency, here are the changes we are implementing for weapon balance in the coming couple weeks. The development has all been done, we are just testing internally to make sure things work as intended.

To start we have two general changes to the Sniper and Shotgun categories:

1) Linking accuracy to damage on the HVR 762

Reducing the damage of the HVR 762 when it's not perfectly accurate allows us to reduce the ability to fire it at close range / snap shot and still be effective.

Sniper Rifles, particularly the HVRs, are particularly hard to balance because they are currently effective at point blank range and also devastating at a distance. G1 tried a few rough balance measures in the past with initial inaccuracy and movement cooldown, but it’s still quite possible to use the HVR in CQC. We feel this change will preserve the HVR 762's place in our matrix of weapons, but make it less desirable outside of actually sniping.

2) Shotgun Damage Pellet Damage

We're adjusting how shotguns do damage, to allow for more damage for partial hits (the first pellets to hit a single target do more damage than the last ones). This allows them to be more forgiving without buffing their overall damage.

Again, Shotguns are hard to balance. Currently we feel they are powerful but very inconsistent, and some of this is because how our servers perform at higher latency.

Now for the smaller tweaks to specific weapons:

1) AR-97 'Misery' (Apoc Famine)

Improve damage to give it some overkill, and improve the tap fire ability.

2) COBR-A

Remove the accuracy curve and improve accuracy recovery rates.

3) ISSR-a

Low recovery time for accuracy loss, so you can wait less time after taking a shot to fire again.

4) SWARM

Reduce horizontal recoil amount. We're also investigating increasing the time it takes to recoil to slightly higher than the recoil time, making the recoil smoother.

5) SBSR (Rifle)

We want to give this weapon a unique recoil pattern that's significantly less harsh than the sniper variant.

6) H-9 'Curse'

We want to give this weapon a new recoil pattern that has heavily reduced horizontal recoil.

7) S-247 'Oblivion'

Attempt to make the weapon a lot snappier when using it as a fire and reposition weapon. This would heavily improve snap fire by reducing the time it takes to gain accuracy after moving, and allowing you to switch during re-fire timer.

8) NCR

New crosshair (from existing asset). Removing the accuracy recovery curve that the HVR has.

Thanks,

Matt

Edited: added clarity on weapon names mentioned in comments.

These changes are for the best, its a step forward. Glad to see at least something, The curse and the AR-97 is one of my favorite weapons in the game, though they are outshined by better weapons, so I'm excited to see the changes to the meta with this update indeed.  

24 minutes ago, jarko said:

Can you fix the oca pls? lol

The OCA, G1s other hardon (the 1st being the HVR)
It never needed that buff 3yrs ago yet G1 decided to give it a buff and since then the balance in SMGs has been gone.

if they can get the COBR-A and the Artemis down to .8 ttk with their old bloom recovery, they'd get used a LOT more I think

I think I'm on repeat

Would also like to see the SWARM get some love for movement spread, but it's way on the backburners.. I just like AV/hybrid weapons like that. It's too bad we don't have any slower firing automatics with bloom recovery that are AV.. unless they really help the SBSR and the Shredder

• Like 1

Any eta on changes hitting servers finally?

2 hours ago, Eixo said:

Any eta on changes hitting servers finally?

It seems fixing the servers has become the priority. 
Which makes sense... no point testing weapons on broken servers. 

On 7/19/2018 at 3:33 AM, CookiePuss said:

In my opinion the DOW Thumper is king in terms of being underrated, but it's true that the Dog Ear (and NSSW to a degree) were low key overpowered for ages until they started popping up in players' loadouts rather recently. At the time sniper dropoff ranges became normalized and the Dog Ear became viable, barely anyone played it.

As for the Thumper, I'm curious to see how the changes will affect it. Unlike the CSG it has a lot of overkill damage, so it's already very consistent and doesn't stand to gain much unless its overall spread is reduced. I wish the ADS reduced spread gimmick was tweaked to actually be useful, but the gun can hold its own using only the normal mode. Maybe other shotguns such as the Shredder will improve as well. Edited by Lyfeld

2 minutes ago, Lyfeld said:
In my opinion the DOW Thumper is king in terms of being underrated, but it's true that the Dog Ear (and NSSW to a degree) were low key overpowered for ages until they started popping up in players' loadouts rather recently. At the time sniper dropoff ranges became normalized and the Dog Ear became viable, barely anyone played it.

As for the Thumper, I'm curious to see how the changes will affect it. Unlike the CSG it has a lot of overkill damage, so it's already very consistent and doesn't stand to gain much unless its overall spread is reduced. I wish the ADS reduced spread gimmick was tweaked to actually be useful, but the gun can hold its own using only the normal mode. Maybe other shotguns such as the Shredder will improve as well.
DOW? ...gross
Its what .78 ttk in marksman mode?
And outside of marksman its spread is nearly as bad as the JG, plus does 30% damage by 30m in or out of mm. 

I'll stick with the csg. 

When might we see some of these changes actualized? Thanks.