MattScott

Upcoming Weapon Balance changes

4 hours ago, Railer said:

My biggest concern about NTEC is its TTK, its 0.7 which makes it extremly good vs most of the close range weapons. If NTEC had its ttk changed to 0.75, just like STAR does i think the gun would be just fine.

As Cooky kinda' hinted at, the 0.7 TTK is a moot point due to how gawd awful it is at shooting full auto: the STAR or FAR will win in an even matchup in full-auto every time, bar really awful RNG, and once you get to SMGs the NTEC is quite honestly out of the question in close quarters.

I don't know what to say if you're going to deny that the N-TEC blooms like a fuzzy bunny except get your head out of your patootie and look at your screen instead of your nostalgia.

i think why people think that ntec is op, is because the crosshair of it is not bugged, compared to other weapons in apb. 
Is this true?

17 minutes ago, foolish ninja said:

i think why people think that ntec is op, is because the crosshair of it is not bugged, compared to other weapons in apb. 
Is this true?

People think the ntec is OP because good players use it.
As far as the crosshair thing, I honestly have no idea what you are talking aboit.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, CookiePuss said:
As far as the crosshair thing, I honestly have no idea what you are talking aboit.
shoot with any gun in the game on a wall and look closely how the bullets land above the crosshair. its a known bug.

14 minutes ago, foolish ninja said:
shoot with any gun in the game on a wall and look closely how the bullets land above the crosshair. its a known bug.
....Im not falling for this again.
dern trolls

On 7/13/2018 at 6:23 AM, AgentRick said:

I'm hoping this isn't a total nerf to the HVR and its capabilities for CQB. It takes a lot of skill to be able to successfully utilize an HVR when the enemy is up in your face.

Quickswitching and crazy shots like the one below are hopefully what they're looking at removing:

I don't think this is a good example, the guy who rushed you had a good second and change between both HVR shots to down you but couldn't land anywhere near enough hits with a Manic to get the job done. Hell he couldn't even shave off half your bar. Replace whoever that was with a better player and an OCA and you would be almost surely dead.

Not that getting CQC killed with an HVR isn't annoying, but poor enemy accuracy won you that first kill more than anything else.
  • Like 2

dern trolls
its... not a troll. shoot at a wallwith automatic gun and you will see that bullets go out of the crosshair  

1 minute ago, foolish ninja said:
dern trolls
its... not a troll. shoot at a wallwith automatic gun and you will see that bullets go out of the crosshair  

This isn't a bug, it's just the fact that crosshairs aren't magic and need to follow the basic geometric principals. Basically, without getting into it, third person shooter crosshairs can never be accurate at every range.

6 hours ago, CookiePuss said:
9 hours ago, Railer said:

My biggest concern about NTEC is its TTK, its 0.7 which makes it extremly good vs most of the close range weapons. If NTEC had its ttk changed to 0.75, just like STAR does i think the gun would be just fine.

To actually get a .7 ttk in cqc you have to get extremely lucky.
Then I'm the luckiest bigfarger alive because it sure seems piss easy to me. I can easily beat smgs with my ntec about 50%-60% of the time, and the same person with guns switched will do it to me. The ntec has high bloom, sure, but not high enough to make it a real problem. At close enough range that an smg will perfect accuracy, the bloom won't get high enough for you to miss shots either. At just a bit farther out, the smgs misses 1 or 2 shots, raising the ttk, while bursting your ntec will give you about the same time to kill and perfect accuracy. A shotgun with cover will beat it sure, but a shotgun with cover will beat literally anything, that's the point. That same shotgun in cqc without cover is probably dead. The ntec is absolutely a viable option in cqc, and then it has full rifle range? It's ridiculous

Just now, CookiePuss said:

Rifles have 10m more range than the ntec.
smh

obeya says lol

2 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:
3 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

smh

obeya says lol
Obeya > Ntec

12 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Obeya > Ntec

laughs at 100m

28 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

smh

Assault rifle* I clarified, are you happy? Stop playing semantics and focus on what I said. Its fully competitive in cqc and out to out to 50m

23 minutes ago, Nejekur said:
53 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

smh

Assault rifle* I clarified, are you happy? Stop playing semantics and focus on what I said. Its fully competitive in cqc and out to out to 50m
Literally no idea what you are saying.
All assault rifles have 50m range.

40 minutes ago, Nejekur said:

I mean. . . what you wrote kinda' relies on semantics, so if you say rifle we're all going to assume you mean the guns that are called rifles in-game.

Either way, what you wrote was wrong.

On 7/14/2018 at 9:14 PM, Similarities said:
The frequency of silly mistakes is far reduced when one has proper positioning and aim, as compared to Bronze/Silvers, who often cannot hit the broadside of a barn and have the positioning of a paraplegic.
And there are those silvers that can do these things but might not be in that gold tier. Im gold yet I cant aim for shit because my eyes are horrid and my wrist has just gone to hell over the last yr 1/2. Hell its so bad I cant use tap fire weapons anymore like the carbine cause it causes my wrist to lock up.
TLDR just cause your not gold doesnt mean u dont know what ur doing.

1 minute ago, Darkzero3802 said:
And there are those silvers that can do these things but might not be in that gold tier. Im gold yet I cant aim for shit because my eyes are horrid and my wrist has just gone to hell over the last yr 1/2. Hell its so bad I cant use tap fire weapons anymore like the carbine cause it causes my wrist to lock up.
The fact that you manage to stay Gold despite physical conditions holding you back pretty strongly suggests that if you're not Gold you have no clue how to play APB.

2 minutes ago, Kewlin said:
The fact that you manage to stay Gold despite physical conditions holding you back pretty strongly suggests that if you're not Gold you have no clue how to play APB.
#hardfax

3 minutes ago, Kewlin said:
6 minutes ago, Darkzero3802 said:
It mainly falls along the category that APBs threat system is complete trash and the skill variance within the gold threat alone is considerable. 
3 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:
6 minutes ago, Kewlin said:
#hardfax
Agreed. The current system is a joke and any boasting or shaming about a threat is pointless. Untill the system is properly fixed and is accurate there is no reason to care about threat.

12 minutes ago, Darkzero3802 said:
 there is no reason to care about threat.
Unless someone who cant maintain gold tries to give an opinion about how the game does or should work.

12 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:
25 minutes ago, Darkzero3802 said:
 there is no reason to care about threat.
Unless someone who cant maintain gold tries to give an opinion about how the game does or should work.
Threat doesnt matter for that either

30 minutes ago, Darkzero3802 said:
It mainly falls along the category that APBs threat system is complete trash and the skill variance within the gold threat alone is considerable.  Agreed. The current system is a joke and any boasting or shaming about a threat is pointless. Untill the system is properly fixed and is accurate there is no reason to care about threat.
Yes, we're pointing out that threat is a joke, and as such if you can't manage Gold you yourself are basically a joke, at least as far as APB is concerned.

We're not boasting, we're just saying anyone who's not even Gold doesn't know how to APB.
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Kewlin said:

We're not boasting, we're just saying anyone who's not even Gold doesn't know how to APB.

What if its someone who spends all their playtime using the weak/shitty weapons?
  • Like 1