MattScott

Upcoming Weapon Balance changes

Kinda bummed that nobody is really talking about the Oblivion in all this, such a solidly balanced weapon flying under everyone's radar

16 hours ago, Kewlin said:

the gun is already tied for best SMG.

15 hours ago, BXNNXD said:

hm

15 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

hmm

hmmm

44 minutes ago, Nite said:

Kinda bummed that nobody is really talking about the Oblivion in all this, such a solidly balanced weapon flying under everyone's radar

Alright 

54 minutes ago, Nite said:

i remember when Oblivion first came out, it was amazing at first but essentially you are just falling into a hole strapped to a seat, Nemesis was far better... man i've not been to Alton Towers in a long time.

1 hour ago, Nite said:

honestly no matter what they do to the oblivion i think the issrb will still outshine it due to the extra versatility  

41 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

honestly no matter what they do to the oblivion i think the issrb will still outshine it due to the extra versatility  

ISSR-B felt kinda weird to me when I tried it, never could get the hang of it, Oblivion just feels more predictable (given it has no real bloom to speak of)

I do hope that shotgun wise, you put the sight from the sg strife on all the other shotguns,  Honestly A shotgun needs a sight like that, i find the current "Sniiper" like site to be to unforgiving for players like me who arent as good at a twitching the mouse. but over all yeah having shotguns be more reliable would be better as currently its hit or miss depending both on skill and server latiancey.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, RespectThis said:

The scoped Ntec actually has a 5m higher minimal effective range 75m compared to the base ntec which is 70m (neither of these including Improved Rifling). So you're sacrificing the ads mobility for less damage drop off at extreme ranges.

True, plus it also has less vertical recoil than the regular N-Tec.  I don't think it's underpowered, in fact it works really well against people who are partially behind cover, such as cars.

It's just a shame the only open-slot scoped N-Tec is the reskinned VAS Scepter, since the scoped N-Tec itself doesn't have a Dvah variant.  The third slot would be useful to equip a 3 point sling or tagger.

Edited by Lyfeld

Fix SBSR IRS...... ..... .....   it sux hardxcore. Like it should have a prono rating.

i mean it really suXXX

I worried about True Ogre.
I hope that will not be Broken.

42 minutes ago, dett2 said:

I worried about True Ogre.
I hope that will not be Broken.

The True Ogre, like all shotguns, will now do more damage on imperfect shots, and the same damage on perfect shots.

19 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

The True Ogre, like all shotguns, will now do more damage on imperfect shots, and the same damage on perfect shots.

The difference is the Ogre rarely has perfect shots TBH.

Hi everyone,

I can confirm that we are going to be turning the new weapon balance on in a specific zone for live servers so that players can test.

Waiting to see when that will be after we look at the QA results from this week's testing.

Thanks,
Matt

• Like 6
  • Thanks 4

19 hours ago, Todesklinge said:

For what need the HVR 1700 Damage?

1250 Damage is enough.

I think if the HVR did 700 damage, it would be fine... just no crosshair when not aiming down sights

4 hours ago, Unclean said:

I think if the HVR did 700 damage, it would be fine... just no crosshair when not aiming down sights

The only 1 way to fix HVR its a nefr dmg (reduce atleast to 750), cuz hvr OP not cuz of qs, its OP cuz u can make 850 dmg on every distance, even when u just spawned u already can make 850 dmg, LO should reduce dmg or atleast make same mechanics as DMR has (Increase dmg with distance)

Also they should remove jumpshooting with every gun from this game (specialy with OBIR, Ntec, Manic), also they should fix qs system with OBIR (if its not OP tell me then why G1 removed that system from scout)

(remove yukon from this game aswell, why is secondary weapon has least TTK?)

Edited by DiSkage
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, DiSkage said:

The only 1 way to fix for HVR its a nefr dmg (reduce atleast to 750), cuz hvr OP not cuz of qs, its OP cuz u can make 850 dmg on every distance, even when u just spawned u already can make 850 dmg, LO should reduce dmg or atleast make same mechanics as DMR has (Increase dmg with distance)

Also they should remove jumpshooting with every gun from this game (specialy with OBIR, Ntec, Manic), also they should fix qs system with OBIR (if its not OP tell me then why G1 removed that system from scout)

that's what I just said lol... And I'mm pretty sure all the weapons you listed do have a huge accuracy penalty when firing while mid-air

pls nerf jump shots with ntec, because it is ridiculously accurate in mid air 

Edited by ImDolphin

Well, thts a bit weird to make such a change to the N.-HVR as it makes undertsanding wepaon emchanics for newbies even more problematic and not really logical.  But lets see how it turns out. Same for the shotguns very strange arcadish concept.

however this list misses a LOAD of truly problematic weapons that need change.

Also, bring back beacon in OTW, poeple need a test environment which currently doesn't exists, because missions need to start somehow. or make a special fight club mechanic which is a free for all 24/7 missions. 

How do i get access to the OTW ? Is it something public ?

4 hours ago, MattScott said:

Hi everyone,

I can confirm that we are going to be turning the new weapon balance on in a specific zone for live servers so that players can test.

Waiting to see when that will be after we look at the QA results from this week's testing.

Thanks,
Matt

For the love of all that's holy, please don't listen to feedback from the whining vocal minority on the forums. Plenty of times perfectly viable weapons were nerfed to the ground because bad players can't comprehend that some weapons shouldn't be hold lmb to win.

APB has a number of top tier players, who have never been banned, and know absolutely everything about how this game is played. Please ask them what they think instead.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ImDolphin said:

pls nerf jump shots with ntec, because it is ridiculously accurate in mid air 

By accurate you mean requires you to be up in their face. That doesn't need to be nerfed. Its fine as it is. Guns should be accurate up close because its easier to hit the hitbox?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Doper said:

How do i get access to the OTW ? Is it something public ?

I would like to know that too....