MattScott

Upcoming Weapon Balance changes

Honestly I still think the best way to kill quick switching without potentially fucking up other things is to just either make 3ps unequippable on the HVR or just nerf the base equip time so that using 3ps only brings it up to what its stock speed currently is. And no, lowering the damage isn't the answer either as annoying as HVR tag can be.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

One man's "broken" is another man's "yeah, its fine like this, leave it". 😛

It objectively does not do what it's supposed to do.

It's broken.

7 minutes ago, Kewlin said:

It objectively does not do what it's supposed to do.

It's broken.

Until someone who decides such things changes what its "supposed" to do.  (wink wink)

After giving it a bit more thought @MattScott I also feel that just lowering the damage of the HVR would have been a much easier and less confusing change. 

But we'll see when we actually get to test the changes. 

Hey Matt I have a thing to said about the game can you guys change the crouch to like if you hold it crouch and you let go it stand up or at least have enable and disable button thanks!!!

2 minutes ago, EbolaKiller said:

Hey Matt I have a thing to said about the game can you guys change the crouch to like if you hold it crouch and you let go it stand up or at least have enable and disable button thanks!!!

You can do that with a file edit now. 

I dont use it, but its pretty common. 

2 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

You can do that with a file edit now. I dont use it, but its pretty common. 

Shouldn't need to edit a file for something that is industry standard (in good games, anyways) nowadays.

Just now, Hexerin said:

Shouldn't need to edit a file for something that is industry standard (in good games, anyways) nowadays.

Its developer preference really. 

There is no "should". 

I just knew it deep down in my heart and soul. LITTLE ORBIT IS THE GUARDIAN ANGEL WE NEEDED FOR APB RELOADED. The community asked for changes........ and asked and asked and asked AND THEN LO stepped into the ring AND DELIVERED (US FROM EVIL). I know I said it aplenty of times now, but dang, I L-O-V-E Little Orbit!

I am not so keen on the Shotgun nerfs but we gotta see how that will change the game and the meta, but the rest looks solid, it's a start, still, some guns need fixing like the yukon. But we are going in a direction that possibly none can entirely dislike. Good Job Jeff Kap.... I mean Matt Scott.

1 minute ago, ninetenduh said:

I am not so keen on the Shotgun nerfs but we gotta see how that will change the game and the meta, but the rest looks solid, it's a start, still, some guns need fixing like the yukon. But we are going in a direction that possibly none can entirely dislike. Good Job Jeff Kap.... I mean Matt Scott.

Shotguns arent getting nerfed tho. If anything, its a buff. 

Edited by CookiePuss

3 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Shotguns arent getting nerfed tho. If anything, its a buff. 

Brain fart, if your a mental charity case you sometimes think of one thing and type the opposite, or you forget to type the word entirely, but I actually wanted to write "changes" instead of nerfs. dunno why I actually wrote nerfs. 

3 minutes ago, ninetenduh said:

Brain fart, if your a mental charity case you sometimes think of one thing and type the opposite, or you forget to type the word entirely, but I actually wanted to write "changes" instead of nerfs. dunno why I actually wrote nerfs. 

Sometimes I feel like my whole life is one big brain fart. 

Mr Scott could you please give a check on the Raptor 45.?

Is not broken per se but it has more ttk (0.75 with 7 bullets to kill) than any gun in its category and can only compete with short or medium range guns by flanking and shooting first, else it has no chance.

Also it has just one free slot with makes it annoyingly hard to mod, and barely enough bullets to kill people in normal server conditions (22 for 7 shots to kill is quite short)

Edited by Zealocke

1 hour ago, ninetenduh said:

No nerf found, what the fuck are you talking about. Shotguns get a mild buff.

19 minutes ago, Zealocke said:

Mr Scott could you please give a check on the Raptor 45.?

Is not broken per se but it has more ttk (0.75 with 7 bullets to kill) than any gun in its category and can only compete with short or medium range guns by flanking and shooting first, else it has no chance.

Also it has just one free slot with makes it annoyingly hard to mod, and barely enough bullets to kill people in normal server conditions (22 for 7 shots to kill is quite short)

I love the raptors personally, slap HS3 on em  and you can full auto / perfect ttk up to 40m... something no other AR can do. Theres even a small window just before and up to 40m where it can even out ttk the ntec (even further if rng is on your side). Plus unlike the ntec you can reliably hipfire the raptor in a cqc setting. 

To me at least that balances out both the longer ttk and the reduced range efficacy of the gun. 

Edited by CookiePuss

11 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

I love the raptors personally, slap HS3 on em  and you can full auto / perfect ttk up to 40m... something no other AR can do. Theres even a small window just before and up to 40m where it can even out ttk the ntec. Plus unlike the ntec you can reliably hipfire the raptor in a cqc setting. 

To me at least that balances out both the longer ttk and the reduced range efficacy of the gun. 

I love it too, with that's why annoys me when i find the situations it falls short.. hs3 or not. Also thats the problem.. its a "small window". There is also a "small window" where i can out ttk an oca while shooting from hip. Also the annoying decision of choosing between hs3 or em3. i would love to have them both.

Thats why i said "gun is not broken". Gun works, however it falls "short"  in situations where other guns act more reliably, either because ammo or ttk. And really there is no reason to have it with just one slot.

Needs just that little pinch to make it fully competitive, in my opinion.

Edited by Zealocke

On 7/6/2018 at 4:39 PM, MattScott said:

1) Linking accuracy to damage on the HVR 762

Reducing the damage of the HVR 762 when it's not perfectly accurate allows us to reduce the ability to fire it at close range / snap shot and still be effective.

While quick switching in cqc with the hvr was a big problem, it's not the only thing that made the hvr op. Even with Clotting Agent 3, if you take any damage at all within 10 sec of an hvr shooting you, the hvr will just one shot you. This accuracy = damage doesn't change anything if you sit behind cover and crouch spam. You almost lose no accuracy when spamming crouch.

giphy.gif

With all of that said, I don't feel like accuracy = damage is the best solution. In my opinion, the overall damage of the hvr should be reduced so that it gets around +70ish on assists.

Edit: btw im not saying you should reduce the speed at which people crouch like csgo did. Just make us lose accuracy when standing up from a crouch.

Edited by lRush
  • Like 2

On 7/7/2018 at 6:39 AM, MattScott said:

Reducing the damage of the HVR 762 when it's not perfectly accurate allows us to reduce the ability to fire it at close range / snap shot and still be effective.

I could kiss this man right now.

On 7/6/2018 at 3:39 PM, MattScott said:

Sniper Rifles, particularly the HVRs, are particularly hard to balance because they are currently effective at point blank range and also devastating at a distance. G1 tried a few rough balance measures in the past with initial inaccuracy and movement cooldown, but it’s still quite possible to use the HVR in CQC. We feel this change will preserve the HVR 762's place in our matrix of weapons, but make it less desirable outside of actually sniping.

Dont know if this would be a viable design choice but just give the HVR the same hip fire as the scout.  Hipfire as of right now is pinpoint freaking accurate on the HVR whereas with the Scout's hipfire is like playing rock paper scissors with just rocks.

4v3QEKl.png
PklyBCJ.png

Something else that I honestly think would really help with Balancing the HVR is increasing the time the bloom takes from walking to ADSing to become accurate again A LITTLE LONGER.

Edited by Guest

8 hours ago, TheJellyGoo said:

Nerfing is balancing so what you say makes no sense. Balancing is the nerfing and buffing of xy.

Balancing is working with the gun to bring it into balance with other guns.  Nerfing is removing a buff that a gun previously had without the intention to balance it.  Balances can bring "nerfs" for some guns but also bring "buffs" as well.

1. "In video gaming a nerf is a change to a game that reduces the desirability or effectiveness of a particular game element." Etymology of “Buff” and “Nerf” as used in video-game slang

2. "Game balance is a video game design concept where the strengths of a character or a particular strategy are offset by a proportional drawback in another area to prevent domination of one character or gaming approach." What is Game Balance?

• Thanks 1

Can the 'Scoped' N-Tec variants get a buff? They have bad ads accuracy when moving for seemingly no reason compared to the regular N-Tec. Is there a reason for this, because I don't think it has any other benefit over the regular N-Tec either, just this handicap.

Yes !!! finally Pack of Revelations Pass weapons gets some buff.... Thank you.