MattScott

Upcoming Weapon Balance changes

1 hour ago, The Suspect said:

try to use that increasing round burst "mechanic" and get wiped by some ntec user.

No. Just no.

I mean even having to expose yourself twice after the initial burst instead of once, you shouldn't be exposed long enough to get ntec'd.

Maybe its just preference but I find the Obir and the Bullshark and even the FFA R&D III to be fine.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, lilrose said:

and? qs is important to me, it's the only thing that keeps me in the game, to which I have long lost interest.

QS is all that you play this game for? wow

But yeah QS should be destroyed pretty well with this, so yeah

While I am excited about this, I'd like to drop a little constructive criticism on some of this here.

1. While I can't really deny this is a good workaround, the main problem with the HVR was it's damage and equip time, as some people have said.
    Dropping it from 850 damage to 700/640(to compensate for the Colby RSA's 350) damage means people using Quick-Switch methods will not work, as not a lot of secondary guns will go over what the RSA is capable of dishing out. It also should allow for snipers to finish off players using Clotting Agent 3(one of the most used green mods) unlike the 243 scout which they can recover from to tank a third shot.
    Another suggestion is to add weapon sway(wait, what?) to the HVR when it's being hipfired, and increase secondary weapon equip time when it has been fired, but ONLY when it has been fired.
  2. Shotguns...Honestly, I think they are fine where they are now, but certain shotguns do need some touching up. The DOW Thumper could benefit from an effect like that, and if the effect overall were to be implemented in all shotguns, I would honestly buff it to a point where it's barely noticeable, because people who know how to play shotguns can use that VERY effectively.
  3. Misc Tweaks
    1. Do NOT improve the damage on this gun. It's already a 5 shot rifle, and the tapfire alone enough is in a buff of itself.
    2. I'm not sure what to make of this. This gun was meant to be originally the "Automatic" version of the Joker Carbine, but now with the changes you're throwing in, it's becoming a MUCH different rifle that had a very specific niche.
    3. Hoo-boy, this is in the same spot as the AR-97. I would normally burst-fire it2 shots and wait a bit, but I think this might be an overbuff- we'll wait and see.
    4. Not much to say here, gun is in a good place.
    5. No comment, I don't own that gun.
    6. The problem with this gun isn't the recoil pattern. It's the fact it takes 10 shots to kill a player in .77 seconds, compared to the OCA-EW 626's 6-shot kil in .64 seconds. Less rounds, less time, which one are you going to run? Even if the OCA misses a shot, it's still going to kill the faster than an H-9 missing a shot.
    7. Honestly wouldn't mind this, I can't find much to say here.
    8. Please choose a unique crosshair that doesn't obscure the target like the old one did. And as for the accuracy curve, this is something that I'm not too sure about how it'll fare.
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, SelttikS said:

QS is all that you play this game for? wow

But yeah QS should be destroyed pretty well with this, so yeah 

u r unsuccessful troll, buddy. 

4 hours ago, Laser said:

Awesome!  ...but what about the Yukon nerf? The Yukon is absolutely overpowered.

Hey said first two catagories is shotguns and snipers. OMG IM SO FREAKING HAPPY.

The sniper thing just confuses me, so if you strafe a lil while ADS it wont do as much damage? I do alot of nervous moving while sniping

Edited by Archon

Thanks for getting this up before the end of the sale!

4 hours ago, MattScott said:

1) Linking accuracy to damage on the HVR 762

Reducing the damage of the HVR 762 when it's not perfectly accurate allows us to reduce the ability to fire it at close range / snap shot and still be effective.

4 hours ago, Sadira said:

say goodbye you dirty quickswitchers

m5q7lrd.gif

I'm SCREWED. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Laser said:

Awesome!  ...but what about the Yukon nerf? The Yukon is absolutely overpowered.

Yukon is shit.

4 hours ago, PogoTheClown said:

chiming in again to suggest reverting what the 2015 sprint-shoot patch did to semi-auto guns like the Scout and Obir, which did not need to be affected in the first place

thx 

YES PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6 hours ago, PogoTheClown said:

chiming in again to suggest reverting what the 2015 sprint-shoot patch did to semi-auto guns like the Scout and Obir, which did not need to be affected in the first place

thx 

ur dumb alcholic brain suggests the dumbest shit.

Edited by bezzzz

can we have more accurate weapon statistics? apbdb and apbvault still lack alot of guns and infomation, also some is incorrect

6 hours ago, PogoTheClown said:

thx 

can u elaborate on that patch

We shall play and see. Any change is a good change at this point and there is always the option for further tweaking along the way.

#AndDeathShallRise

3 hours ago, Archon said:

The sniper thing just confuses me, so if you strafe a lil while ADS it wont do as much damage? I do alot of nervous moving while sniping

I imagine its either still going to do max damage or close to max damage with the slight variation from those little strafes whilst in marksman mode.

There are still some cheaters on the Han (East Asia) server

How long will it take to sanction them?

Edited by JellyBOY

Just now, JellyBOY said:

@MattScott 

There are still some cheaters on the Han (East Asia) server

How long will it take to sanction them?

This isn't the place to discuss cheaters, if you think someone is cheating, gather evidence and send it into support.

2 minutes ago, Justaslietuvis2 said:

why do you have to ruin all fun for hvr users..

Because hvr users ruin everyone elses fun.

• Like 5

Thanks for my new signature.

8 hours ago, MattScott said:

Now for the smaller tweaks to specific weapons:

1) AR-97 'Misery' (Apoc Famine)

Improve damage to give it some overkill, and improve the tap fire ability.

2) COBR-A

Remove the accuracy curve and improve accuracy recovery rates.

3) ISSR-a

Low recovery time for accuracy loss, so you can wait less time after taking a shot to fire again.

4) SWARM

Reduce horizontal recoil amount. We're also investigating increasing the time it takes to recoil to slightly higher than the recoil time, making the recoil smoother.

5) SBSR (Rifle)

We want to give this weapon a unique recoil pattern that's significantly less harsh than the sniper variant.

6) H-9 'Curse'

We want to give this weapon a new recoil pattern that has heavily reduced horizontal recoil.

7) S-247 'Oblivion'

Attempt to make the weapon a lot snappier when using it as a fire and reposition weapon. This would heavily improve snap fire by reducing the time it takes to gain accuracy after moving, and allowing you to switch during re-fire timer.

8) NCR

New crosshair (from existing asset). Removing the accuracy recovery curve that the HVR has.

Thanks,

Matt

Can you pls buff the SBSR rifle + sniper (coronor + IRS) as they are nice niche guns but subpar TTK versus the current meta (HVR-DMR-Scout). Or at least buff the stun-hard dmg on the IRS? They are awesome fun guns but not competitive... and they certainly should be simply a variant of already good guns, not a weaker stepson that no one ever uses.

5 hours ago, virginiavirgin said:

What does that mean is this a good thing or a bad thing because in all honesty i thought shotguns were just as fine as before

Also will the eols be buffed? And can the yukon recieve a wind up timer

yukon doesn't need a windup timer, it needs its mod to be fixed, since it has the burst fire rate from the marksmanshipmode when hipfiring. it would play just like the other armas variants if the mod would be fixed.

• Thanks 1