MattScott

Upcoming Weapon Balance changes

2 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

what the deal with the issrb becoming meta? it’s far easier to deal with than the hvr imo, altho issrb stacking leads to ridiculous hard damage output

It's ARMAs weapon. Never make ARMAs weapon as king of class if you don't want APB be called p2w. Remember when ATAC was OP?... Yeah. 

Edited by Mitne
  • Like 1

but what about ntec? It's the most skill rewarding gun being suited for all situations and outplaying every weapon in the game even hvr if you have cover

Is this only applied to pump action

Shot guns or automatic ones because if so you guys ruined a great weapon especially the ogre on top of that how come the yukon wasn’t bought up how am i going to combat a yukon then if my ogre pellets get weaker overtime im honestly quitting this game so ashamed what you guys did is diabolical.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, virginiavirgin said:

Is this only applied to pump action

Shot guns or automatic ones because if so you guys ruined a great weapon especially the ogre on top of that how come the yukon wasn’t bought up how am i going to combat a yukon then if my ogre pellets get weaker overtime im honestly quitting this game so ashamed what you guys did is diabolical.

The first pellets that hit the person do more damage, the followup pellets hit for less damage, this has no effect on the automatic shotgun strength. Notice how I say pellets, not shots. 🤔

Edited by Similarities

Just now, Similarities said:

The first pellets that hit the person do more damage, the followup pellets hit for less damage, this has no effect on the automatic shotgun strength. 🤔

But i still depend on those pellets especially when im caught off range.

What if the HVR was just given reverse damage scaling, like what the Volcano has? Does irrelevant damage up close (like 2% inside 10m) that scales up to the current full 85% outside 60-70m. No need for accuracy scaling or other similarly convoluted gimmicks (that never work, as has been proven the past several times)... just straight up solution to the core problem.

Edited by Hexerin

5 minutes ago, Hexerin said:

What if the HVR was just given reverse damage scaling, like what the Volcano has? Does irrelevant damage up close (like 2% inside 10m) that scales up to the current full 85% outside 60-70m. No need for accuracy scaling or other similarly convoluted gimmicks (that never work, as has been proven the past several times)... just straight up solution to the core problem.

Major problem. It would make HVR impossible to use close quaters. While sure it should be used on range it would effectively kill N-HVR as any kind of last resort. And it would just force people to use alternatives (DMR or Scout). I sometimes wonder if you all just want to kill N-HVR... 

Edited by Mitne

2 hours ago, Keinname said:

That is a good news but how about Battleye update?

most likely asking about a battleye update because you think there's still a cheater problem... I haven't met a single cheater since BE got released, and I've been playing fairly actively on citadel. I've seen quite a few people still complaining about cheaters but I guess they're the usual "you play really good therefore you must be cheating" kind of persons.

I'd like to have some video proof of someone actually cheating after BE release...

ontopic:
I'm afraid of the shotgun changes... sure hitreg ain't good especially for shotguns but this sounds like it could make shotguns too strong. I don't think shotguns need an overall buff (for more "forgiveness"), but rather we just need better server performance for hitreg overall... certain shotguns need tweaking though, like the shredder, DOW, strife or ogre.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Nejekur said:

Nothing for the ntec? It's absolutely ridiculous at any range, and I'm sick of being forced into a choice of use it lose to it. There's zero reason for me to ever buy any gun from armas when the cr-5 I got years ago will continue to utterly dominate anything.

This.

I'm glad to see HVR is being handled, but this should also apply to N-TEC.
There's a reason why 70% of matches have 2+ players using NTECs, and it's because that weapon dominates anything at most ranges.

The thing with quickswitching is not about whether it takes skill or not. It's about a mechanic that completely bypasses the intended shortcomings of a sniper rifle. When players find ways and quirks for certain things in games it can be good and bad. In my opinion the hvr quickswitch falls in the latter category.

Edited by VanilleKeks
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, virginiavirgin said:

But i still depend on those pellets especially when im caught off range.

From basic understanding they do the same damage if all hit, its just that a glancing shot will do more damage.

Good that some of the "useless guns" gets a little buff. But damn i just hate playing against Oscar because of the A and D spam all the time, it shouldn't be so precise when you keep going from side to side.        Also, i am not a big fan of Obeya, it's really dominating on the medium range, a bit too much if you ask me. Maybe lower the fire rate just a bit?

Nice job with this one. Can tell you really put thought into these changes.

30 minutes ago, SelttikS said:

From basic understanding they do the same damage if all hit, its just that a glancing shot will do more damage.

What does that mean is this a good thing or a bad thing because in all honesty i thought shotguns were just as fine as before

Also will the eols be buffed? And can the yukon recieve a wind up timer

yukon nerf when?

ATAC nerf when?

RFB nerf when?

the nhvr didnt really needed that kind of change, but more like a slower change time and less damage.

also the shotgun change sounds horrible. the way i understood, the first shot does more damage than the next upcoming shots. So that means if you hit somebody from like 15m and only 2 pellets hit, the next pellets will do less damage??

horrible! horrible!

Will Alig accuracy ever be buffed? Since you have to stay still and crouch to shoot and still have bad accuracy, it makes you an easy target for enemies.
@MattScott

5 minutes ago, foolish ninja said:

also the shotgun change sounds horrible. the way i understood, the first shot does more damage than the next upcoming shots. So that means if you hit somebody from like 15m and only 2 pellets hit, the next pellets will do less damage??

horrible! horrible!

Think of it this way if all pellets hit it still does the same damage, but each pellet does less than the first pellets from that shot. It has nothing to do with your next shot doing less, just each pellet does less the more that hit.

nerf quickswitch… what a fucking joke? 

forgot about pmg, n-tec, Yukon, Oscar, but kill qs… gratz 

1 minute ago, lilrose said:

^makes forum account just to b1tch that everything wasn't done at once.

1 minute ago, lilrose said:

i doubt it will make much of a difference unless u literally deal half damage during the time that the inaccuracy is maximum while crouched yet you are still able to fire (and land the shot most the time in cqc)

4 minutes ago, lilrose said:

qs is worse than pmg or ntec in my belief. edit : ntec is just fine. 

Edited by PersianTiger

10 minutes ago, TheKeanuReeves said:

Will Alig accuracy ever be buffed? Since you have to stay still and crouch to shoot and still have bad accuracy, it makes you an easy target for enemies.

This isn't necessary, if you just tap fire the ALIG you can use it out to really far ranges.

1 hour ago, Mitne said:

Major problem. It would make HVR impossible to use close quaters. While sure it should be used on range it would effectively kill N-HVR as any kind of last resort. And it would just force people to use alternatives (DMR or Scout). I sometimes wonder if you all just want to kill N-HVR... 

thats the point which u missed entirely apparently

2 minutes ago, SelttikS said:

^makes forum account just to b1tch that everything wasn't done at once. 

and? qs is important to me, it's the only thing that keeps me in the game, to which I have long lost interest.

4 minutes ago, PersianTiger said:

qs is worse than pmg or ntec in my belief. 

I think otherwise. Why are you writing this to me?