MattScott

Upcoming Weapon Balance changes

1 minute ago, BXNNXD said:

snipers in fc is possibly the best place to use them, especially assylum where the long no-cover hallways are always filled with tagged opp

Of course and I agree on hip-fire but model based on rectangle width worries me. 

Just now, Mitne said:

Of course and I agree on hip-fire but model based on rectangle width worries me. 

seems fine to me, it’s meant to force the hvr to actually take the time to properly set up and ADS before ripping off 850 damage 

• Like 1

I gotta say, I don't like half these changes.

I appreciate that they're trying to balance the HVR, but I don't think linking the damage to the accuracy will fix it. Not to mention that this change sounds like it will effect all snipers, as indicated by "...general changes to sniper and shotgun categories." While it may help reduce its effectiveness in close range (quickswitch), its effectiveness in any range past like 10m will remain unchanged because people already need to stand still for about a second before the HVR's accuracy allows them to hit past short range. Linking the damage to the accuracy, in this case, doesn't do anything.

The shotgun changes sound unnecessary, but I suppose it's not too bad if the damage change isn't big. For making it more forgiving, fine, but I don't agree with changes to how shotguns work for the sake of compensating for server performance.

Giving the Misery more overkill damage sounds good, but changing the accuracy curve sounds dubious. I hope that by "tap-fire" they actually mean "burst-fire," because that's the original intent of the gun. Similarly for the Cobra, I really hope they don't remove the accuracy curve on the Cobra.

Edited by Shozonu
Okay, changes affect only HVR.
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Deekk said:

Is duck going to get nerfed too????

no

just N-HVR 762

Ahhh, I'm interested to see how the shotguns play after this. Currently I like where they are other than they're incredibly erratic on how much damage they deal. Hopefully this will help smooth that over while not putting them on a level they were before where they nearly dominated the meta. 

Also curious how this will affect the NHVR. I feel like old players will for sure be against this, but imo I think this will force the meta to evolve more instead of using weapons that are really good at all ranges. 

Personally don't care about losing to an HVR in CQC but I know it hurts the meta so I'm always for meta evolution, something this game lacks often.

Edited by Sidewayz24

1 minute ago, CookiePuss said:

no

just N-HVR 762

are you sure cuz im scaring

i’m curious to see how the accuracy-to-damage change will affect corner popping with the hvr

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MattScott said:

Sniper Rifles, particularly the HVR, are particularly hard to balance because they are currently effective at point blank range and also devastating at a distance. G1 tried a few rough balance measures in the past with initial inaccuracy and movement cooldown, but it’s still quite possible to use the HVR in CQC. We feel this change will preserve the Sniper Rifle's place in our matrix of weapons, but make it less desirable outside of actually sniping.

If this doesn't have the same desirable outcome, you could always just make the HVR sniper rifles have a charge up time - like Widowmaker's gun via Overwatch.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

seems fine to me, it’s meant to force the hvr to actually take the time to properly set up and ADS before ripping off 850 damage 

We will see. So far i'm sceptic. N-HVR might accidentaly fall from place of king of sniper rifles. 

@MattScott

It's not the high priority but what about reverting FFA Bullshark to it's original state? I mean 4 rounds per burst instead of this silly variable rate of fire and rounds burst mechanic. I liked this gun but after G1's rebalance it is absolutely useless.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Deekk said:

are you sure cuz im scaring

check page 3

Edited by CookiePuss

Just now, Mitne said:

We will see. So far i'm sceptic. N-HVR might accidentaly fall from place of king of sniper rifles. 

idk why that would be a problem, other than that invariably another sniper rifle will take its place 

1 minute ago, Mitne said:

Good.

2 minutes ago, The Suspect said:

@MattScott

It's not the high priority but what about reverting FFA Bullshark to it's original state? I mean 4 rounds per burst instead of this silly variable rate of fire and rounds burst mechanic. I liked this gun but after G1's rebalance it is absolutely useless.

Wasnt it an even longer ttk as a 4round burst vs now?

1 minute ago, BXNNXD said:

idk why that would be a problem, other than that invariably another sniper rifle will take its place 

That other than DMR that's only free alternative for player? Free guns always should be king of their weapon classes. 

3 minutes ago, The Suspect said:

@MattScott

How about we don't revert the Bullshark and say we didn't? The old Bullshark was just worse than the OBIR.

Good stuff, the HVR has been a plague in terms of weapon balance for far too long.

• Like 2

Nothing for the ntec? It's absolutely ridiculous at any range, and I'm sick of being forced into a choice of use it lose to it. There's zero reason for me to ever buy any gun from armas when the cr-5 I got years ago will continue to utterly dominate anything.

3 minutes ago, Mitne said:

That other than DMR that's only free alternative for player? Free guns always should be king of their weapon classes. 

wdym...??? OBIR? Obeya? DMR is fine, Obeya is fine, OBIR is fine, all of them can have a duel with the Scout just fine. Dog Ear is OP, but it's going to be OP regardless of if the HVR is king or not.

2 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Wasnt it an even longer ttk as a 4round burst vs now?

OBIR/FFA is not being played for ttk. Hide-burst, lean-burst. If you are against any decent opp you gonna either scratch them with a mosquito-bite 2 round bursts or cosplay a bronze and try to use that increasing round burst "mechanic" and get wiped by some ntec user.

1 minute ago, Kewlin said:

How about we don't revert the Bullshark and say we didn't? The old Bullshark was just worse than the OBIR.

No. Just no.

Now it's worse than both. Unless you're playing against static r20 bronzies who are trying to snipe you with shotgun on HVR range.

6 minutes ago, Similarities said:

wdym...??? OBIR? Obeya? DMR is fine, Obeya is fine, OBIR is fine, all of them can have a duel with the Scout just fine. Dog Ear is OP, but it's going to be OP regardless of if the HVR is king or not.

I'm talking about sniper rifles. Obir and Obeya are marksman. DMR is far from fine... It can outshot all other snipers sure. But as long aa they don't have any cover... Then anyone who uses DMR sees greatest problem. Aka. Shots to kill - 3 and they need to be done quick due to low relative damage of each shot. Now I fear ISSR-B will be new king of snipers rifles. 4 shots, yep but you can easily land two first in series and two others after. And you got kill. 

Edited by Mitne

5 minutes ago, The Suspect said:

OBIR/FFA is not being played for ttk. Hide-burst, lean-burst. If you are against any decent opp you gonna either scratch them with a mosquito-bite 2 round bursts or cosplay a bronze and try to use that increasing round burst "mechanic" and get wiped by some ntec user.

No. Just no.

Now it's worse than both. Unless you're playing against static r20 bronzies who are trying to snipe you with shotgun on HVR range.

Even then you need to pop out longer to shoot 4-shots.

Also, I actually quite like the current Bullshark and use it fine.

4 minutes ago, Mitne said:

I'm talking about sniper rifles. Obir and Obeya are marksman. DMR is far from fine... It can outshot all other snipers sure. But as long aa they don't have any cover... Then anyone who uses DMR sees greatest problem. Aka. Shots to kill - 3 and they need to be done quick due to low relative damage of each shot. Now I fear ISSR-B will be new king of snipers rifles. 

what’s the deal with the issrb becoming meta? it’s far easier to deal with than the hvr imo, altho issrb stacking leads to ridiculous hard damage output

Edited by BXNNXD

Why not try something stupid like g1 did on the dmr. Increase of damage after a certain distance?