MattScott

Upcoming Weapon Balance changes

5 minutes ago, N66 said:

I have one take on this though, which is the NHVR, I like the gun, I think it's fair long range, but I was thinking, wouldn't it balance it better if it started with low damage that increased to full damage at some distance (gradual or snap)?

My post from earlier is a take on that.

5 minutes ago, PogoTheClown said:

Blows my mind anyone would intentionally put the Anubis crosshair on any gun. 

Some of you fellas are not from this world 

Its funny that you say that cause the Anubis sight will appear differently on other weapons.  Making it the only other sight with a center dot.  Odds are it would gain popularity on other weapons.

43 minutes ago, MattScott said:

1) Linking accuracy to damage

Reducing the damage of the HVR when it's not perfectly accurate allows us to reduce the ability to fire it at close range / snap shot and still be effective.

Sniper Rifles, particularly the HVR, are particularly hard to balance because they are currently effective at point blank range and also devastating at a distance. G1 tried a few rough balance measures in the past with initial inaccuracy and movement cooldown, but it’s still quite possible to use the HVR in CQC. We feel this change will preserve the Sniper Rifle's place in our matrix of weapons, but make it less desirable outside of actually sniping.

DOES THAT MEAN THAT DMR FINALLY DEALS MORE STAMINA DAMAGE THAN HEALTH DAMAGE AND I CAN STUN PEOPLE WITH IT RELIABLY???

PLZ MAKE THIS TRUE

4 minutes ago, MurkTheMerc said:

My post from earlier is a take on that.

You got me there, I haven't read many replies before posting 😄

The more I think about this the more I'm afraid the feel of the Misery and COBR-A are going to be changed entirely. . . they're both the most fun assault rifles to play for me in large part because I like their bloom curve. . .

1 minute ago, DouglasFalcon said:

DOES THAT MEAN THAT DMR FINALLY DEALS MORE STAMINA DAMAGE THAN HEALTH DAMAGE AND I CAN STUN PEOPLE WITH IT RELIABLY???

PLZ MAKE THIS TRUE

Calm down and just put on any level of Heavy Barrel instead.

• Like 1

Please re-introduce a re-balance district. It could also be a financial this time (with a lower pop. cap). It would at least allow for players to test changes and give proper feedback/do polls.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FluttershyI said:

Please re-introduce a re-balance district. It could also be a financial this time (with a lower pop. cap). It would at least allow for players to test changes and give proper feedback/do polls.

This is what the OTW version of the game is for, which is also open to free players.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Kewlin said:

Calm down and just put on any level of Heavy Barrel instead.

HB3 DMR deals 102 (or 104, can't remember) health damage which is just enough to kill people at max RoF.

There is a certain sweespot between 88 and around 94 metres where you will always 2-shot stun the target without killing, but good luck getting that reliably and esp getting an arrest 100 metres far from you.

I just wanna /fart in front of cops tryna kill me from close 😞

58 minutes ago, MattScott said:

1) Linking accuracy to damage

Reducing the damage of the HVR when it's not perfectly accurate allows us to reduce the ability to fire it at close range / snap shot and still be effective.

Sniper Rifles, particularly the HVR, are particularly hard to balance because they are currently effective at point blank range and also devastating at a distance. G1 tried a few rough balance measures in the past with initial inaccuracy and movement cooldown, but it’s still quite possible to use the HVR in CQC. We feel this change will preserve the Sniper Rifle's place in our matrix of weapons, but make it less desirable outside of actually sniping.

No its no hard to balance. Main problems with nhvr are the current movement speed and the quickswitch.

Pre nhvr buff movement was really slow, like if you carried an osmaw. Increase the quickswitch time (not so much) so 3ps3 is about 1,50/60'', add that time to switch to secondary too.

Is not hard, you dont need to kill a weapon to make it balanced. I am really tired to repeat the same.

If you get quickswitched is not anyone to blame but YOURSELF. Theres been plenty of quickswitchers and i could handle them pretty well with the current nhvr.

It takes skill to quickswitch, a bullet missed and you are done. Is really that simple.

There is another problem with damage in this game... a 9mm weapon like fbw doing more damage that an assault riffle, maybe there is time to make reasonable changes to damage?

Most quickswitchers use fbw because its huge damage for a small and quick pistol, but increasing the bullets required to kill and increasing the rof to balance to the current ttk should solve the problem a bit... and the problem with secondaries being way to useful -they are secondarys for a reason-.

Edited by Excalibur!

6 minutes ago, SkittyM said:

This is what the OTW version of the game is for, which is also open to free players.

Ok, I'll wait for info on it... I think it wouldn't hurt to do an actual district in the game again, but if they release it on OTW I will try to get into there somehow

The age of quickswitching filth is over! A new day dawns! *Viking laugh*

• Like 1

So many questions so many questions... Im a ball of stress right now.

2 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

So many questions so many questions... Im a ball of stress right now.

I know, right? Personally I'm so confused at why they'd make the Misery better at tap-firing when the gun is clearly intended to be shot in 2-6 round bursts depending on range and personal preference, and has in no way ever been intended to be tap-fired, and what the consequences are of that and if the gun will feel like the same gun at all.

I just love when guns I've invested so much emotional energy and actual money into are thrown up into the air and I just have to hope they land approximately where they were before.

Who isn't looking forward to the game being 50% JGs though, right?

I'm laughing that people think this sniper rifle change will end HVR quickswitching. The good QS'ers don't hipfire...

• Like 1

So with shotguns does this change sorta mean the damage curve will be more of an inverse one with diminishing returns on accuracy?

Just now, SelttikS said:

So with shotguns does this change sorta mean the damage curve will be more of an inverse one with diminishing returns on accuracy?

Considering damage decreases per pellet, yes.

3 minutes ago, Hexerin said:

I'm laughing that people think this sniper rifle change will end HVR quickswitching. The good QS'ers don't hipfire...

They jumpshot, they chase with nhvr. THATS PROBLEM.

A guy that do not play the game and is not skilled either (obv) in charge of balancing, right.

Dark times ahead.

Edited by Excalibur!
  • Like 1

Shotgun buff sounds scary if you ask me. I mean its nice you're making it more consistent but it's still scary.

@MattScott

And regarding the HVR. Does this mean that if the HVR is say at say 5% accuracy is going to do a small percentage of 850? And that an hvr with an almost closed crosshair at 90% accuracy is going to do a large percentage of 850 damage?

Or is the damage going to be statically nerfed to a small percentage of 850 damage?

Basically is there a damage ramp depending on how big the crosshair is or is there a straight up reduced damage for all crosshair sizes?

It just seems, at face value it might not really fix those greasy quick switchers, because I feel for the most part I've been QSed by people at 100% or near 100% crosshair accuracy. Correct me if i'm wrong but doesn't tapping crouch make it 100% accurate almost instantly?

I'll reserve judgement till otw though

Edited by Shini
  • Like 2

Edited the main post to clarify that while the shotgun change is broad, the sniper rifle change is only for the N-HVR 762.

• Thanks 5

Just now, MattScott said:

Edited the main post to clarify that while the shotgun change is broad, the sniper rifle change is only for the N-HVR 762.

good lookin out homie

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MattScott said:

Bless your heart. 

So snipers nerfed and shotguns buffed? Great. I probably never complete sniper role now. Don't take me wrong but as someone who main sniper right now it's kinda disturbing. 

How you propose for me to play in Asylum now @MattScott?

I mean just check out how hard is to be sniper in any situation. You can alwats try out N-HVR only thro. Asylum. Sometimes I'm suprised I even get positive K/D

Edit: Alright N-HVR only I can live up. Still, just try it on busy Asylum. It's not as easy situation as other show it. 

Edited by Mitne

Just now, Mitne said:

So snipers nerfed and shotguns buffed? Great. I probably never complete sniper role now. Don't take me wrong but as someone who main sniper right now it's kinda disturbing. 

How you propose for me to play in Asylum now @MattScott?

I mean just check out how hard is to be sniper in any situation. You can alwats try out N-HVR only thro. Asylum. Sometimes I'm suprised I even get positive K/D

snipers in fc is possibly the best place to use them, especially assylum where the long no-cover hallways are always filled with tagged opp