MattScott

Upcoming Weapon Balance changes

So for the HVR, is the reticule going to do less damage when not in MM to make it matter that it's a long range weapon? So say the gun is hipfired, even while crouched, the reticule is widened.

I've thought of a system in particular unless the team has already tried it. HVR and the Scout variants have a damage ramp to deter CQC situations and focusing the gun on longer ranges.
The HVR's ramp is at 60m, from 60m on, the damage is 850. Any shorter of distance, the damage drops but the weapon can still achieve a 2 shot kill only at 35-36m, 496-510 damage. 10m would be 142, 20m would be 283 and 30m would be 425.

As for the Scout, it's damage would stay at 550 but it's ramp should begin where the HVR meets its 2 hit kill mark of 35-36m, so past 35m the weapon will do full damage past that. The damage reduction would follow as explained earlier, simply taking the base damage and dividing it for each meter followed under 35m to deter CQC actions.

23 minutes ago, MattScott said:

1) Linking accuracy to damage

Reducing the damage of the HVR when it's not perfectly accurate allows us to reduce the ability to fire it at close range / snap shot and still be effective.

Sniper Rifles, particularly the HVR, are particularly hard to balance because they are currently effective at point blank range and also devastating at a distance. G1 tried a few rough balance measures in the past with initial inaccuracy and movement cooldown, but it’s still quite possible to use the HVR in CQC. We feel this change will preserve the Sniper Rifle's place in our matrix of weapons, but make it less desirable outside of actually sniping.

No really, is this all sniper rifles or just the heavy N-HVR 762?

Cuz this could render many other guns useless, or at least gimp them beyond what anyone really wanted.

Edited by CookiePuss

What is meant by "first" and "last" pallets? When you fire a shoot all the pallets land at the same time right? So how can some pallets be "first" and some "last"?

Is this a full list or should we expect more changes over upcoming weeks? Where's OCA changes? Yukon as well(bug fix)?

Mind Blown! I need an hour and 3 monsters to process all of this!

22 minutes ago, MattScott said:

6) H-9 'Curse'

We want to give this weapon a new recoil pattern that has heavily reduced horizontal recoil. 

7) S-247 'Oblivion'

Attempt to make the weapon a lot snappier when using it as a fire and reposition weapon. This would heavily improve snap fire by reducing the time it takes to gain accuracy after moving, and allowing you to switch during re-fire timer.

8) NCR

New crosshair (from existing asset). Removing the accuracy recovery curve that the HVR has. 

Okay so first of all, why touch the H-9 AT ALL, its perfectly fine as it is.  Why is this gun even being touched over the current problematic SMG, the OCA EW 626?  All you need to do is revert its stats to its previous ones(Mid-early 2017 or prior) and SMGs will be fine.

The S-247 im curious about, one of its problems is that it suffers from a strangely low movement modifier whereas weapons like the Scout and NCR move at normal running speeds.  Maybe a fire rate buff as well or something, It feels like a worse version of the ISSR-B.

And the NCR-762... For the love of god PLEASE make the current sight mod a mod everyone can get on the JT store.  I personally love it and seriously don't want to see it just disappear like that.

Really the first priority should've been the OCA EW 626 as im sure a lot of us are tired of seeing everyone use that gun like their life depends on it.  I miss the Yin-Yang of the OCA/PMG.

• Like 3

More consistent shotgun damage.

More consistent Strife.....

4WWdOw0.png

Edited by Syfurion
  • Like 6

I would presume this is the first phase out of a few balance changes, and you're only doing limited weapons at once to test properly?

2 minutes ago, SkittyM said:

Why is this gun even being touched over the current problematic SMG, the OCA EW 626? 

Cuz the OCA is fine.

You get out of here with that mean talk Mr

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Cuz this could render many other guns useless, or at least gimp them beyond what anyone really wanted.

I think it's safe to assume all snipers. After all, the point of a sniper is to shoot things at a long distance.

1 minute ago, SkittyM said:

Okay so first of all, why touch the H-9 AT ALL, its perfectly fine as it is.  Why is this gun even being touched over the current problematic SMG, the OCA EW 626?  All you need to do is revert its stats to its previous ones(Mid-early 2017 or prior) and SMGs will be fine.

The S-247 im curious about, one of its problems is that it suffers from a strangely low movement modifier whereas weapons like the Scout and NCR move at normal running speeds.  Maybe a fire rate buff as well or something, It feels like a worse version of the ISSR-B.

And the NCR-762... For the love of god PLEASE make the current sight mod a mod everyone can get on the JT store.  I personally love it and seriously don't want to see it just disappear like that.

Really the first priority should've been the OCA EW 626 as im sure a lot of us are tired of seeing everyone use that gun like their life depends on it.  I miss the Yin-Yang of the OCA/PMG.

Agreed on all points, especially not wanting the NCR sight to go away (at least entirely).

Is it possible you could make there be two versions of the NCR? I know the OCSP JMB allows you to choose which OCSP you want when you get it from the JMB, why not use a system like this to choose between two sights?

2 minutes ago, IROCkiller said:

I think it's safe to assume all snipers. After all, the point of a sniper is to shoot things at a long distance.

Sincerely hope you're wrong, the scout is straight up gambling when not zoomed in, no matter crouch or not. Having it deal less damage would kill it.

5 minutes ago, SkittyM said:

yessssss please, agreed on the smg part. idk about the other rifles, haven't played them.

Edited by 悲しい春

Just now, 悲しい春 said:

Sincerely hope you're wrong, the scout is straight up gambling when not zoomed in, no matter crouch or not. Having it deal less damage would kill it.

Instead of using the Scout in CQC you'd have to fall back to your sidearm. Why try to hit with it in CQC if it misses that hard anyways?

6 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

From the way it's written it sounds like just the N-HVR 762, 'cause he pretty specifically says the HVR, not HVRs, the HVRs, or all HVRs.

Just now, IROCkiller said:

Instead of using the Scout in CQC you'd have to fall back to your sidearm. Why try to hit with it in CQC if it misses that hard anyways?

scout qs is super fun to tilt people:DDDDDDDDD

1 minute ago, Kewlin said:

From the way it's written it sounds like just the N-HVR 762, 'cause he pretty specifically says the HVR, not HVRs, the HVRs, or all HVRs.

I hope so, the double mention of "sniper rifles" has me nervous.

If anything else needs to be adjusted atm it’s the RFP’s range. Thing is still a mini OBIR. Burst weapons in general need a balance pass. Excited to see the HVR changes though

Edited by SuperToaster

40 minutes ago, MattScott said:

Sounds pretty reasonable, I'm all for any BALANCE as long as the weapons remain UNIQUE, that's the most important point for me, so I have the variety.

I have one take on this though, which is the NHVR, I like the gun, I think it's fair on long range, but I was thinking, wouldn't it balance it better if it started with low damage that increased to full damage at some distance (gradual or snap)?

Also, please bring jump shooting scout back (maybe consult old players about it), it was a ton of fun, and no, I really think it wasn't overpowered, it allowed you to surprise the enemy but with a very predictable (gravity) fall afterwards.

Edited by N66
Grammar
  • Like 3

Blows my mind anyone would intentionally put the Anubis crosshair on any gun. 

Some of you fellas are not from this world 

• Like 6

No changes to Juggernaut pack weapons? Frenzy feels weaker than Star and Shaw can still outgun Rabid

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Weeb TheEpicGuyV2 said:

~snip~

But the COBR-A will no longer have bloom curves. . . which makes it almost an entirely different gun again, lol.

Ok so Why chose to go with these changes first? Are there not some other outliers that need attention more?

2 minutes ago, Clandestine said:

No changes to Juggernaut pack weapons? Frenzy feels weaker than Star and Shaw can still outgun Rabid

The Rabid has assault rifle movement speeds and as such is more directly comparable to an assault rifle than an LMG to be honest.