Sign in to follow this  
Keshi

What could really be going on that they won't share? Questions i wanted to share

So for years we've been talking about DDoS this DDoS that but i've been thinking so much lately that i would want to talk about what was on my mind for these days.

1) Servers are lagging because we are getting DDoS, lets turn on mitigation

2) i'm getting 30ms more because of mitigation but we are still lagging

3) Ever since 2014 they were trying to fix this "lag" issue(even tho G1 played ping pong everyday while tiggs put on sales and manual ban other people in game before LO took over)

4) Server restarts wouldnt help if you have a static IP, why would a restart actually stop a DDoS?

-- If you have 2 pc's in your house, give 1 of them a static ip, ping that pc via your second pc with -t at the end so it will never stop pinging and restart the machine, see what happens in the CMD/terminal once the pc turns of and on again.

5) When they restart the APB servers (usually takes like 5minutes?) the game works perfectly fine for an hour ish before the lag starts again(sometimes it takes longer for the lag to start).

-- So whoever having all dem bots sending traffic to the server to cause a DDoS, should continue DDoS'ing as soon as the servers are back up but thats not the case

6) The servers are real hardware(are they hosted internally at the office?)

7) Instead of fixing the "lag" why not get a better server with better network configuration and better DDoS Protection?

8: I have never heard of csgo, league R6Siege, PUBG, Fortnite, Dota getting DDoS(They do have more money tho) but hell even GTA where it's easy for anyone to hack the server, still doesn't lag or teleport or fps drop.

9) What if they really do know whats actually causing the lag but doesn't want to tell us because it might be something they can't fix and don't want to lose the playerbase that believes in LO right now?

10) Why do people put pineapples on pizza?

11) What if their ISP is f'ing them up but they don't know, or can't change ISP because they are under contract?

12) What should i eat for lunch later?

13) What if UE3.5 would give us the posibility to run 144fps(144hz monitors) and actually USE all my pc juice for better performance and be 64bit instead of 32bit, but instead still runs like trash or even worse than what it is now?

14) What if LO can make a deal with valve to let them host the APB Servers for them? And they get like 20% on what APB earns each month. I aint seeing csgo getting DDoS so i fail to believe we will have network issue then.

15) Does MattScott ever sleep? He seem to be awake 24/7 working on the game it makes me feel a bit worried

Edited by Keshi

16 minutes ago, Keshi said:

So for years we've been talking about DDoS this DDoS that but i've been thinking so much lately that i would want to talk about what was on my mind for these days.

...useless questions...

...useless question...

...more useless questions...

10)
500JM.gif

12)
tumblr_oa471ta18L1r8jkpuo1_400.gif

• Like 2

16. Does tiggs still work under lil orbit?

17. What does your office look like? Cuz some of us had seen how the office looked like before rtw went down.

Edited by Defibrillator
  • Like 1

We all know the answer to all these questions all you have to do it use the search feature.

Ok so your lazy and don't want to so i will tell you all the answers....

You are welcome.

Pizza btw.

Because that's where it rightfully belongs.

An entire tub of hummus. 

14) What if LO can make a deal with valve to let them host the APB Servers for them? And they get like 20% on what APB earns each month. I aint seeing csgo getting DDoS so i fail to believe we will have network issue then.

Your understanding of business and integration hurts my soul, dear LORD. I forgive you. 

15) Does MattScott ever sleep? He seem to be awake 24/7 working on the game it makes me feel a bit worried

Firsthand experience, love for your job makes you disregard basic needs. @MattScott Please get some sleep (and take a shower..)

Edited by Abby
SPACING PLS
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, AsgerLund said:

10)
500JM.gif

12)
tumblr_oa471ta18L1r8jkpuo1_400.gif

yum....

1) They are already Mitigating.

2) No shit....

5) That's most likely because they use DDoS as a scapegoat to buy more time to fix the real issues, which is this broken patootie game with terrible networking. You have a decently valid point there because if it were DDoS a restart wouldn't do a damn thing. (Atleast one would hope this is the case, because any idiot in this community will blame DDoS. A tiny lagspike happens and it's all you see in chat.)

6) Their server is hosted on a physical box, located at Softlayer Technologies, not their office. Google it.

7) Why not just fix the in-game issues instead? Maybe the game is causing the issues on the server and the server is perfectly fine.

8 ) Well GTA for example is Peer2Peer for the most part, while it calls from R*'s server for things like money and others that were once abused and now patched.

9) Yes, bingo.

11) If the ISP was NULL'ing them you'd know...Because that is what they'd be doing.

14) You want to be the one to transfer all of that Data, and pray it doesn't corrupt along the way? Also, what the fuck man.

Edited by TGYuurei

the lag is caused by the weebs and furrys on the game

was confirmed by science

Sign in to follow this