Pimila

GTX 1070 I7-7700K FPS Drops

Hi,

how do i have fps drops with my PC ? Do only i have fps drops ?

My PC specs:

GTX 1070

I7-7700K

16gb ram ddr4 2400mhz

Its not your setup.

Its the game, and they are working on it.

You could probably do a /latencytest and send the results to support along with your rig info and server info if you wanna help.

You'll get random dips but it shouldn't be more than every now and then. Usually when I get frame dips with my 1080 it's when the server is acting up. 

the game is too old...wait for UE3.5 and see if maybe all of us with a beast PC and 144hz can enjoy 144fps and smoothness

As everyone says... It's not your rig, it's the game's archaic engine.

From what I've read, older dual core systems with a decent graphics card for 2012 works better...

It might have to do with drivers too. Drivers drop support for old games and games that die out for some reason, or they stop supporting fixing the drivers for specific games after a while (Fallout 4 still has an Nvidia driver issue last I checked which has been around for a loooong time.

As someone who's played for several years I feel like after a while you just get used to it and it stops bothering you.

when do you have fps drops?

people typically lose frames during times where there's a lot of smoke particles, explosions, or a gun like the NFAS being fired off.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Aeronaut said:

when do you have fps drops?

people typically lose frames during times where there's a lot of smoke particles, explosions, or a gun like the NFAS being fired off.

its the game, lagging since 8 months

Hi there,

We did get a couple support tickets from players who said that as of our Tuesday patch they were seeing degraded performance (worst frame rates than before).

Would you mind running /latencytest in the game and then emailing that to support@gamersfirst.com along with the server and region you were playing in?

That can help us diagnose the issue.

Thanks,
Matt

from my experience APB worked best on 5xx/6xx series Nvidia GPUs and 3rd generation intel CPU ... my friend has 3570k+Gtx 660ti and he is never getting less than 110fps never

i play on 4690k OCed at 4.8ghz and gtx 970 and i dip to 60-50 fps pretty often

2 hours ago, Aeronaut said:

smoke particles

is answer, try change filtering from x16 to 4 or max 8, it does mass degradation on my 6600k with 1080

also do as MattScott wrote

2 hours ago, MattScott said:

Hi there,

We did get a couple support tickets from players who said that as of our Tuesday patch they were seeing degraded performance (worst frame rates than before).

Would you mind running /latencytest in the game and then emailing that to support@gamersfirst.com along with the server and region you were playing in?

Thanks,
Matt

@MattScott

Oh really? okay, then i now know that i am not the only one who has more little laggs as before.. before the fix the game runs for me much smoother 😕

Alright i make the /latencytest today too and then contact the support... Thanks for the info 😉:classic_love:

Speedy^^

Game is very old and outdated. Soon we will be playing on a new version of Unreal Engine. That will for sure help them a lot!

30 minutes ago, Havi said:

Game is very old and outdated. Soon we will be playing on a new version of Unreal Engine. That will for sure help them a lot!

indeed 🙂

Thanks for the answers, i will do the latencytest and send to support.

• Like 1

Ive noticed the game runs way smoother with intel cpu's as oppose to amd. My old core 2 duo with budget gpu runs it better than my 6 core amd with an r7 370 gpu. My i5 laptop with integrated gpu runs it better too. Yet somehow, my amd rig runs every single other game flawlessly. With my amd, the game gets better fps than my intel systems but with constant stutters and frame dips. APB is just mysterious that way...

14 hours ago, MattScott said:

Hi there,

Thanks,
Matt

Since the EU is almost finished, were you able to increase performance and reduce stutter issue?

6 hours ago, Attenzione said:

Try to install apb on an ssd.
Worked for me.

It is on my ssd, but did not help.

14 hours ago, valdas001 said:

i5-4690k + gtx1050ti no dips.

yea no, good try tho. 

Edited by ForeverCrooked

On 7/6/2018 at 12:41 AM, Pimila said:

Hi,

how do i have fps drops with my PC ? Do only i have fps drops ?

My PC specs:

GTX 1070

I7-7700K

16gb ram ddr4 2400mhz

How big are your drops? 140fps to 120, 140 to 30, or even freezes(0fps)?

If you're getting FPS drops, make sure you have page filing turned on the drive you have APB installed on. Like everyone says, it's unoptimized to hell but this helped me with the recent patches. I had page filing on my HDDS, but not my SSD, of which APB is installed on, stutters went away.

Please let me know if this helps you as it's done for others besides myself.

2 hours ago, Attenzione said:

How big are your drops? 140fps to 120, 140 to 30, or even freezes(0fps)?

From 120fps to 60 or less.