Sign in to follow this  
Westford

ALIG 762 R&D III vs N-SSW 74 Dvah ?

I currently have a perm ALIG 762 R&D III which I do like very much.

Granted that this weap is somewhat situational, but still effective under the right circumstances

I tried out N-SSW 74 Kraken the other day, as a 3 day trial via email.

I liked it so much, I went ahead and leased a N-SSW 74 Dvah from the Joker Store, to further my evaluation time.

With the current LO promotions .... aka Premium for 6 days, discount on ARMAS, I was actually thinking of buying the N-SSW 74 Dvah.

Question:

Is the N-SSW 74 Dvah really worth it ?

I mean , compared to the ALIG (which I currently own), is there much of a difference (other than the skin and some meta differences) to make the purchase.

Reaching out here to the well informed to provide some insight.

BTW... I am not a CQC type of player, more mid to long range if that makes a difference.

ALIG 762 R&D II:

11s33gl.jpg

_________________________________________________________________________________________

N-SSW 74 Dvah:

allt82.jpg

Appreciate any thoughts.

EDIT:

Had to reedit, as the previous image hosting site was not working.

Edited by Westford

It's not meta by any means, but it's a good weapon and it's far underrated, it's not similar to the ALIG though so don't go into it expecting them to be similar, the N-SSW is a slightly worse old N-TEC with a higher effective range, that's basically the best way to compare it.

41 minutes ago, Similarities said:

It's not meta by any means, but it's a good weapon and it's far underrated, it's not similar to the ALIG though so don't go into it expecting them to be similar, the N-SSW is a slightly worse old N-TEC with a higher effective range, that's basically the best way to compare it.

Thanks for the quick feedback.

One unusual caveat is that with my ALIG, I am using a High-Mag Scope,

which has some advantages, but also disadvantages.

On the N-SSW, I am using HS3.

So although the N-SSW is classified as an LMG, you believe the performance of this weap is more in line with a sub-par NTEC ?

I think that's what you're saying.

Edited by Westford

You basically use it as you would an N-TEC except it's in slow motion, for lack of better description. Aiming from sprint is slower, strafing is slower, time between shots is slower, etc. It's also slightly less accurate than N-TEC. The advantage is it's a 70m gun. It's also worse than the ALIG for vehicle damage,

I bought the VAS Empire which is a re-skin of the N-SSW, I like that gun model more. It's fun to use with HS3, HB2, MP3.

Edited by SLICKIEM
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Westford said:

Thanks for the quick feedback.

One unusual caveat is that with my ALIG, I am using a High-Mag Scope,

which has some advantages, but also disadvantages.

On the N-SSW, I am using HS3.

So although the N-SSW is classified as an LMG, you believe the performance of this weap is more in line with a sub-par NTEC ?

I think that's what you're saying.

To an extent, yeah, it's like a slightly watered down pre-nerf N-TEC with a longer range, it's great for longer range engagements.

1 hour ago, SLICKIEM said:

You basically use it as you would an N-TEC except it's in slow motion, for lack of better description. Aiming from sprint is slower, strafing is slower, time between shots is slower, etc. It's also slightly less accurate than N-TEC. The advantage is it's a 70m gun. It's also worse than the ALIG for vehicle damage,

I bought the VAS Empire which is a re-skin of the N-SSW, I like that gun model more. It's fun to use with HS3, HB2, MP3.

This is a good way to think of it, it's more of an N-TEC LMG lovechild with a very long range (for a non-sniper), throw HS3, some red mod, and either mag pull/3 point sling/tagger on and off you go, I recommend you test a bit and find what you consider most comfortable, but I use CJ2 on it if I'm fighting CQC and IR3 if I want to be a bit further out but still be effective, HB2 allows it to be a spray down machine and doesn't add a shot to kill until about ~73m.

Appreciate the feedback, I went ahead and bought one ,,,, lol.

You're input most definitely helped ...

• Like 1

NSSW pretty much the only accurate LMG while standing.

I have ALIG 0 slot, from perma guns, and NSSW 3 slot, my opinion, I love the NSSW, imagine a hybrid between NTEC 5 and ALIG, it shoots faster, is more accurate, it's a bit lighter, but it also deals a lot less damage vs vehicles.

Probably go for it.

• Thanks 1

So depends what you want, if you still want to blow up cars well and shoot from mid long distance I would suggest if I may looking at the SWARM. The recoil has been buffed for this gun and is very good in situations of mid to long range, but maintains the ability to bit vehicle very hard still. Try it out.

On 7/5/2018 at 11:46 PM, Westford said:

I currently have a perm ALIG 762 R&D III which I do like very much.

Granted that this weap is somewhat situational, but still effective under the right circumstances

I tried out N-SSW 74 Kraken the other day, as a 3 day trial via email.

I liked it so much, I went ahead and leased a N-SSW 74 Dvah from the Joker Store, to further my evaluation time.

With the current LO promotions .... aka Premium for 6 days, discount on ARMAS, I was actually thinking of buying the N-SSW 74 Dvah.

Question:

Is the N-SSW 74 Dvah really worth it ?

I mean , compared to the ALIG (which I currently own), is there much of a difference (other than the skin and some meta differences) to make the purchase.

Reaching out here to the well informed to provide some insight.

BTW... I am not a CQC type of player, more mid to long range if that makes a difference.

ALIG 762 R&D II:

11s33gl.jpg

_________________________________________________________________________________________

N-SSW 74 Dvah:

allt82.jpg

Appreciate any thoughts.

EDIT:

Had to reedit, as the previous image hosting site was not working.

I've used Alig as my main weapon for years, but now I'm using Nss-w as my main weapon, the hard damage is decent, and more importantly, the Accuracy is on point.
I use HS3, EM3, and IR3 on it, and it's perfect 😄
Don't worry about the meta thing, for me it's pretty boring to use the same weapon that everyone uses because it's the easiest way to win.

• Like 1

On 11/13/2018 at 8:39 AM, Queen of Love said:

The sound of nssw is Amazing, but is near to be a n tec with extended magazine 3 , hb3 is a must.

Reduce the hard damage? Sounds like a bad idea, just use an Ntec instead. I always thought this gun was for people who want to level up thier Light Machine Gun but dont actually like Light Macbine guns and this kind makes me believe that more.

I guess I have always wanted to destroy vehicles and people well. 

Glad to see this post resurrected... haha

On 11/12/2018 at 3:44 AM, JudgeAnderson said:

So depends what you want, if you still want to blow up cars well and shoot from mid long distance I would suggest if I may looking at the SWARM. The recoil has been buffed for this gun and is very good in situations of mid to long range, but maintains the ability to bit vehicle very hard still. Try it out.

I actually went with N-SSW 74 Dvah, and absolutely love this gun.

HS3, Extended Mag , and swap back an forth with either IR2,3 or CJ2 or 3.

BTW: My Machine Gunner role is at a healthy Rank 16.

Used the ALIG and SHAW quite a bit over the years, just cause I like LMG.

ED0qvLM.jpg

On 11/12/2018 at 3:44 AM, JudgeAnderson said:

For me, the N-SSW 74 Dvah has been an all purpose weapon, with a concentration on Mid to Long range.

On 11/12/2018 at 5:09 PM, Queen of Love said:

The sound of nssw is Amazing, but is near to be a n tec with extended magazine 3 , hb3 is a must.

I am curious why you promote the HB3

"Decreases weapon damage by -15%"

But Why ?

What advantage were you seeing ?

On 11/14/2018 at 1:10 AM, JudgeAnderson said:

Reduce the hard damage? Sounds like a bad idea, just use an Ntec instead. I always thought this gun was for people who want to level up thier Light Machine Gun but dont actually like Light Macbine guns and this kind makes me believe that more.

I guess I have always wanted to destroy vehicles and people well. 

Not me "ese".

Like I said, I was trolling with the ALIG and SHAW for quite some time.

Maxed out my Machine Gunner shortly after I got the N-SSW 74 Dvah.

It's kind of my goto primary atm.

Thanks for all the feedback.

Edited by Westford

@Westford dude gratz on the level 16 light machine gun role. Im at 15 atm, if you added all my alts together I would have level 16 by now. I have done a lot of stuffing around on different servers. 10k kills to LMG 4 life ❤

• Thanks 1

I personally went with the swarm, flipping love the anti-vehicle ability of this gun, but i think i will give your choice a go too, i love collecting LMGs. 

So far I have SHAW, KO(ALIG), MEDUSA, ,Euryale and SWARM. The N-SSW 74 Dvah is the only one I dont have (excluding reskins).

On 11/21/2018 at 1:18 AM, JudgeAnderson said:

I personally went with the swarm, flipping love the anti-vehicle ability of this gun, but i think i will give your choice a go too, i love collecting LMGs. 

So far I have SHAW, KO(ALIG), MEDUSA, ,Euryale and SWARM. The N-SSW 74 Dvah is the only one I dont have (excluding reskins).

I have heard a lot of good things about the SWARM ,  haven't tried it myself.

If there is a short lease on this via JT , I may try it.