Sign in to follow this  

Add a server joining queue.

Been spamming join for 7 minutes now and Im getting real tired of this shit.

Matt stated in another thread asking for a queue system that they hope to solve the problem when the engine upgrade comes out by having matchmaking span across multiple districts seamlessly migrating players across districts without loading times. But he also said this is a fairly long way off in terms of implementation. I'm not sure why a queue system couldn't be implemented for the time being to make player's lives a bit easier when trying to get into districts. I'm sure it wouldn't even be too hard to do, I think it even existed at some point in the past? It is a problem though. At the moment it's either spam join to try to get into the full districts or join the newly opened district that has 3 people in it where you won't get opposition. 😕

Post.

On 6/28/2018 at 9:49 AM, MattScott said:

Hi all,

I like this idea, but it doesn't honestly solve the core problem of why people want to join the most populated servers in the first place.

At the end of the day, it shouldn't matter what server you join - except for what kind of district you want to play in.

Players should match with any other player currently in any instance of their same district.

This would significantly improve your matches, because the server can choose from a much wider population.

Unfortunately we need Phasing to make this work. Phasing is the ability to throw away the network layer and rebuild it without unloading all the level assets.

That isn't supported in Unreal 3.0. So we've put this change as soon as possible after Unreal 3.5 launches.

Thanks,
Matt

Edited by CombatMedic02