Clandestine

Please disable VIP in two men teams

When enemy has free wallhack on half of your team it's like free win. Whenever team consist of only 2 people VIP stage should be replaced with something else. 

• Like 13

1v1s are disabled but they still happen, i don’t have much hope for vip

• Like 1

Please just disable VIP totally until you come up with something better... Giving the other team free wallhack is dumb 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Randodom said:

Please just disable VIP totally until you come up with something better... Giving the other team free wallhack is dumb 

On top of grounding the vehicle to a halt so you can't even regroup or get to somewhere to defend. VIP missions are like fishing with dynamite usually.

The other team also can see where the VIP will spawn before he even gets in. At one point I was being ran over the instant I spawned in 4 times in a row as VIP. Pretty silly really.

Edited by Sidewayz24

I think 1v1 VIP missions are important because it gives hackusators a chance to see what its ACTUALLY like when your opp can see exactly where you are at all times. 

#more1v1viptocombathackusations

Edited by CookiePuss
  • Like 4

35 minutes ago, planeswalker said:

Just get in a car and run...

That's not how we do things around here.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, planeswalker said:

Just get in a car and run...

I'm not even that great of a player and yet i refuse to run. I find it so stupid to be on the run as a vip or having a team member as VIP, even if its killmission and we winning i'm not running

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Keshi said:

I'm not even that great of a player and yet i refuse to run. I find it so stupid to be on the run as a vip or having a team member as VIP, even if its killmission and we winning i'm not running

Ok so I'm back playing after a 6 year hiatus - I think it's fascinating how the community has had this paradigm shift towards running from missions. Back in vanilla (RTW) and the early days of Reloaded, it was super common for teams to just get a single kill during deathmatch and dip for 6-7 minutes.

Running is just super boring. 

Thats really my biggest gripe with it.

Its just... boring. 

I know I can chase, and I know I can ambush, but often i'll just spam /cointoss to get back into a real mission... or I'll just use it as an opportunity to grab a snack or make some coffee. 

The only upside to runners is you get to tease them in /d. 

9 minutes ago, basedpraetorian said:

Ok so I'm back playing after a 6 year hiatus - I think it's fascinating how the community has had this paradigm shift towards running from missions. Back in vanilla (RTW) and the early days of Reloaded, it was super common for teams to just get a single kill during deathmatch and dip for 6-7 minutes.

Well i remember those days as well...

But ye i'm here to play. Kill people and stuff not for carchase... If i wanted to carchase i would be playing need for speed lol

46 minutes ago, teensport said:

That's not how we do things around here.

You must be new here. lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Randodom said:

I can deal with it when its team of 4 (competent 4). But 2? lol

4 hours ago, Keshi said:

Well i remember those days as well...

But ye i'm here to play. Kill people and stuff not for carchase... If i wanted to carchase i would be playing need for speed lol

the new need for speed (payback if any of yall don't know) is the Battlefront 2 of racing games. Worst. Racing. Game. Ever.

The 2015 installment was better than Payback, and that's saying something.

if any of you wanna 1v1 race me I got that PS4. Otherwise, just really APB.

8 hours ago, Clandestine said:

When enemy has free wallhack on half of your team it's like free win. Whenever team consist of only 2 people VIP stage should be replaced with something else. 

It will be impossible without removing 2v2's or VIP missions completely. Every mission has a preset ending stage, and sadly, that also means that the mission has to be removed to prevent VIP from occuring, unless they make it so only specific missions can be given to specific group sizes (lots of extra coding), you're SOL.

As for those talking about 1v1's, they exist from a side door as you can call it, where all but one person leaves a mission and remains in it, then gets opp and that opp is then ofc solo. You don't get solo missions anymore unless by this means.

3 minutes ago, Noob_Guardian said:

As for those talking about 1v1's, they exist from a side door as you can call it, where all but one person leaves a mission and remains in it, then gets opp and that opp is then ofc solo. You don't get solo missions anymore unless by this means.

Easy solution: If you are the only person in a mission, it is immediately abandoned. Issue resolved with only a minimal amount of dev.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Noob_Guardian said:

It will be impossible without removing 2v2's or VIP missions completely. Every mission has a preset ending stage, and sadly, that also means that the mission has to be removed to prevent VIP from occuring, unless they make it so only specific missions can be given to specific group sizes (lots of extra coding), you're SOL.

Ikr. Either add variables for last stages or rework/remove vip completely. Vip tracker could for example indicate only the general area no exact wh on the patootie but I see it being broken too

Edited by Clandestine

1 minute ago, Clandestine said:

Ikr. Either add variables for last stages or rework/remove vip completely. Vip tracker could for example indicate only the general area no exact wh on the patootie but I see it being broken too

The problem with general area is, imagine trying to find a guy within 50-100m of an area, no clue where, while his teams trying to kill yours. All he has to do is run around and hide, and you can't find him that easily. 2 way VIP would be better, where it forces a tie if neither side loses A. Enough player lives or B. A VIP loses all lives. Thus preventing running from being so prevelant as it ends in a draw otherwise.

As for last stages, its fine imo, just gotta fix 1v1s

4 minutes ago, Hexerin said:

Easy solution: If you are the only person in a mission, it is immediately abandoned. Issue resolved with only a minimal amount of dev.

My 1v1s i get into are normally cause i was too slow to type /abandonmission or im a solo que so i get called into one.

3 minutes ago, Noob_Guardian said:

My 1v1s i get into are normally cause i was too slow to type /abandonmission or im a solo que so i get called into one.

That's the point. With what I proposed, 1v1s literally can't happen because the only remaining reason for them happening is blocked on the system level. The sole remaining player automatically abandons (no player input required, nor is the player allowed to decline it), and the mission is thus terminated before opposition can be assigned.

Of course, none of this fixes the other completely broken mission type: 2v1 with no option for backup. This is also easily fixed by simply forcing a backup assignment to the solo player.

12 minutes ago, Noob_Guardian said:

The problem with general area is, imagine trying to find a guy within 50-100m of an area, no clue where, while his teams trying to kill yours. All he has to do is run around and hide, and you can't find him that easily. 2 way VIP would be better, where it forces a tie if neither side loses A. Enough player lives or B. A VIP loses all lives. Thus preventing running from being so prevelant as it ends in a draw otherwise.

As for last stages, its fine imo, just gotta fix 1v1s

Yeah you're right and I'm just dozing off here thinking about VIP farting at certain intervals and enemies with sonar trying to track him down

4 minutes ago, Hexerin said:

That's the point. With what I proposed, 1v1s literally can't happen because the only remaining reason for them happening is blocked on the system level. The sole remaining player automatically abandons (no player input required, nor is the player allowed to decline it), and the mission is thus terminated before opposition can be assigned.

Of course, none of this fixes the other completely broken mission type: 2v1 with no option for backup. This is also easily fixed by simply forcing a backup assignment to the solo player.

This usually happens when one person on the other side is much lower threat than the other two. Problem with this is it will just inevitably turn into backup wars making the mission impossible due to just too many people and objectives taking far too long for that many people, and also sucks away even more players for proper matchmaking. The matchmaking is the problem at the core here, but this easily could make it even worse rather quickly.

16 minutes ago, Sidewayz24 said:

This usually happens when one person on the other side is much lower threat than the other two. Problem with this is it will just inevitably turn into backup wars making the mission impossible due to just too many people and objectives taking far too long for that many people, and also sucks away even more players for proper matchmaking. The matchmaking is the problem at the core here, but this easily could make it even worse rather quickly.

The potential for backup wars to happen is definitely a problem. However, I'd rather a mission turn into a pointless deathmatch than see one person have to give themselves an aneurysm just to maybe scrape a victory through because of how lopsided 2v1s are.

5 minutes ago, Hexerin said:

The potential for backup wars to happen is definitely a problem. However, I'd rather a mission turn into a pointless deathmatch than see one person have to give themselves an aneurysm just to maybe scrape a victory through because of how lopsided 2v1s are.

But there's also those times when that one person easily handles those two. 

The real problem is the lack of skill diversity to populate enough to be able to group properly. So you get 2v2 and 2v1 matches when the games best played 3v3 or 4v4.

Really the only way to save this, is to either force players into districts (something many will be opposed to) or have a larger player base so that matchmaking can work properly.

If forced into districts, Jericho would be around 30 on each side tops in a district though. So it's still down to player base. We need to get more players back.

Edited by Sidewayz24

I'd rather they just disable 1v1 missions all together, they just turn into an awful tennis match where whoever gets two points in a row ends up winning. 

Even 2v2 is borderline pointless in most circumstances/missions, where any advantage quickly unbalances the match, especially in VIP.

Ultimately, the maps and [vanilla] missions are designed and balanced around 4v4. This is all too apparent to anyone with basic observational skills who looks at the areas around objectives. The overwhelmingly vast majority of locations are setup in such a way that a group of four players would be perfectly suited to effectively defend it, without overpowering it.

• Like 2