Zealocke

Do headshots count in this game?

Well.. do they?  I read some people say yes.. others say no. I really don't know anymore. Help!

Indefenite answer, they count, as any hit. Theres no damage multiplier for headshots.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Zealocke said:

Well.. do they?  I read some people say yes.. others say no. I really don't know anymore. Help!

As Slickmund already said, they don't.
APB would probably be kinda weird with headshots tbh.

2 minutes ago, Asparii said:

As Slickmund already said, they don't.
APB would probably be kinda weird with headshots tbh.

Yeah I don't think headshots have a place in this game.  I DO wish players were vulnerable through car windows and car tires were shootable, but I dunno, game might need a massive rework for that.  As-is, a player literally BECOMES the car when they get in.

yeah I'm not a fan of how players basically absorb a cars health as soon as they enter. but if players were able to be shot through car windows, car chases would be impossible. 

imagine car drop off missions. some of the locations are pretty difficult, especially if the defending team swapped out to AV weapons.

if you're trying to ninja a car objective, if the other team was constantly able to shoot your tires or you through the windshield, it'd be impossible to make any progress. 

Edited by Aeronaut

No, they absolutely do not as a classic headshot, all body parts do equal damage in APB, however, you may aim for the head, for the satisfying ragdoll impulse when the enemy dies.

Tip, there are different damage types though, some enemy can have Kevlar to increase protection against bullets, but he'll still be 

vulnerable to stamina damage (stun) or explosion damage. and in case of vehicles, look for the "Hard damage" to know what the damage the weapon will do.

2 minutes ago, PogoTheClown said:

Do NTEC do as same many damage as CR5? Some say same gun?? my do not think so 

Yes, they're identical, CR5 is just a reskin.

http://apbdb.com/build/Weapon_AssaultRifle_NTEC_Slot2/?mods=FnMod_Weapon_HuntingSight3,FnMod_Weapon_Rifling3

http://apbdb.com/items/Weapon_AssaultRifle_CR5_PR2_Armas/

These 2 are a comparison between CR5 PR2 and an NTEC with matching mods, nothing is different 🙂

1 hour ago, Zealocke said:

Not at all, even shooting between legs in the blank space takes damage, here's a picture of what the hitbox looks like that I took from another thread:

image2013-1-18+17_28_11.png

Edit:

And right as N66 said, there are several factors regarding damage taken, so I'm adding this graphic about Clothing Agent and normal health regen curves to understand this as well:

FJUdLot.png

Edited by Salvick
  • Like 3

You are all just cubes. and every one of them looks exactly the same. hell character height doesn't even change it. head shots are shots, just like that shot that missed the character model completely counts.

They count as normal hits. There is no specific head hitbox for more damage.

19 minutes ago, Salvick said:

Not at all, even shooting between legs in the blank space takes damage, here's a picture of what the hitbox looks like that I took from another thread:

image2013-1-18+17_28_11.png

Edit:

And right as N66 said, there are several factors regarding damage taken, so I'm adding this graphic about Clothing Agent and normal health regen curves to understand this as well:

FJUdLot.png

Those numbers are incorrect Salvic.

For the correct numbers:

UNnkt9v.png

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Those numbers are incorrect Salvic.

For the correct numbers:

UNnkt9v.png

Oh really? I just had that image from the times of Revoemag tweaking guns and weapons, guess this was updated and I was totally unaware, notice the date in my picture says 2013, lol.

Thanks Cookie!

OP: What Cookie said ^

Edited by Salvick

2 minutes ago, Salvick said:

Oh really? I just had that image from the times of Revoemag tweaking guns and weapons, guess it is updated and I was totally unaware. Thanks Cookie!

OP: What Cookie said ^

Yeah I think only the non CA was incorrect, otherwise looks the same.

1 minute ago, CookiePuss said:

Yeah I think only the non CA was incorrect, otherwise looks the same.

Where/how did you get that btw?

I tried a quick search in the APBDB/Vault but couldn't find this info so just posted that old picture I had. And would be useful for the OP too.

1 hour ago, Zealocke said:

love_live_maki__must_not_take_the_bait_b

Your forum register date is 2011... no way in hell you can be asking this in 2018...

7 minutes ago, Salvick said:

Where/how did you get that btw?

I tried a quick search in the APBDB/Vault but couldn't find this info so just posted that old picture I had. And would be useful for the OP too.

There was a thread on the old forums, I'll look it up after work, post it and mention you.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Aeronaut said:

if you're trying to ninja a car objective, if the other team was constantly able to shoot your tires or you through the windshield, it'd be impossible to make any progress. 

What if windshield/tires had to take a certain amount of hard damage before failing? That could mitigate it somewhat

4 minutes ago, Nite said:

What if windshield/tires had to take a certain amount of hard damage before failing? That could mitigate it somewhat

what if you can shoot in the car without getting out from the window to shoot?

Just now, Keshi said:

what if you can shoot in the car without getting out from the window to shoot?

Meaning passengers could shoot out from inside the car without having to lean out to do that?

Don't know of any game that allows that for passengers so

What if we could dukes of hazard through the windows to get into cars or like power slide across the hoods instead of jumping over or around... fuck yeah that would be cool.... what was this thread about?

4 minutes ago, Nite said:

Meaning passengers could shoot out from inside the car without having to lean out to do that?

Don't know of any game that allows that for passengers so

true..honestly the game is fine as it is...i mean u can carsurf, even buy one for 7days with 250JT for characters below 195 and u can alig/dmr the whole vehicle

Headshots are as affective as the anticheat in apb

28 minutes ago, iPlumbum said:

Headshots are as affective as the anticheat in apb

Havent seen any headshots... haven't seen any hackers. Gonna have to give this myth a confirmed status.