Poperon

Am I the only one amazed?

For reals, since Battle Eye started the ban waves, i haven't seen one thread here from that typical "ERMARGHERD I WAS BANED IM INOSSENT PLS"

Am i not seeing threads like this because Mods do their work in a blink, or because effectiveness has finally hit APB? Either way, im fine with it!

tenor.gif

• Like 5

ive not seen any cheaters in game (maybe 1 but i wasnt sure). LO seem to be doing a good job. Good for them and us too.

I just suspected a very few wallhackers and noticed couple of macros, but what was more noticeable was the amount of these idling in Social that eventually disappeared and haven't seen them again since more than a week or two. That made me think where would they be...never posted on FFBans myself but used to check there frequently in search of known miscreants.

('miscreants' 🤣 I don't know why, but I love that word...'miscreants'... lol )

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Poperon said:

For reals, since Battle Eye started the ban waves, i haven't seen one thread here from that typical "ERMARGHERD I WAS BANED IM INOSSENT PLS"

Am i not seeing threads like this because Mods do their work in a blink, or because effectiveness has finally hit APB? Either way, im fine with it!

tenor.gif

now that i'm thinking of it... lmfao LO putting work

from the stand point of someone who refreshes the forums way too much... yeah there just isn't a lot of people complaining about being banned.

7 minutes ago, SelttikS said:

from the stand point of someone who refreshes the forums way too much... yeah there just isn't a lot of people complaining about being banned.

Before, they had the chance to complain that Fair Fight is garbage, and claim false positives all over the place.

Now LO has just closed that breach. Because now if someone gets banned, that's probably because they really made their way to it.

Edited by Poperon
  • Like 1

There's been rumors of private cheats available to certain cliques, but no idea how true that is.

Personally, I've not seen any cheaters in awhile.  Also, certain "god-like" players have been less than god-like lately; I KNOW I've not gotten any better, that's for sure lol.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mynd said:

There's been rumors of private cheats available to certain cliques, but no idea how true that is.

Personally, I've not seen any cheaters in awhile.  Also, certain "god-like" players have been less than god-like lately; I KNOW I've not gotten any better, that's for sure lol.

Always will be private and low slot number cheats, that's how you reduce the risk of it being patched.  if one of those members get caught, sometimes manually sometimes from insiders selling out, then all that work goes away and everyone gets banned. Lose lips sink ships and all that.

maybe too soon to tell. 

Unpopular opinion: Maybe there werent that many cheaters to begin with, and BE has just lessened our paranoia. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

the “false ban” threads have been temporarily replaced by “wtf answer my ticket” threads

normal operating procedures will return shortly, thank you for your patience

Just now, CookiePuss said:

Unpopular opinion: Maybe there werent that many cheaters to begin with, and BE has just lessened our paranoia. 

There was on Citadel :s
A few familiar names around that I see are still cheating, somehow already have that BE bypass but LO are implementing anticheat features one by one I think? So not too concerned anymore.

1 minute ago, Kiida said:

There was on Citadel :s
A few familiar names around that I see are still cheating, somehow already have that BE bypass but LO are implementing anticheat features one by one I think? So not too concerned anymore.

Same as on Jericho. Saw 2 familiar hacks and that's about it. Mostly clean now.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, mynd said:

I can tell a bunch of these I was expecting them to kick my butt really surprised me going negative or even finishing with 0 kills against my average casual player game style. ^_^

Ive not really seen cheaters nor a dip in player skill at least on Jericho since BE was taken off its leash. 

If anything there are more good players lately. 

9 minutes ago, YeOldLegends said:

Same as on Jericho. Saw 2 familiar hacks and that's about it. Mostly clean now.

Yeah this is pretty much the case now. A few names here and there will always be pretty obvious, but all the people I used to hackusate suspiciously seem much easier to play against now, hmmm.......... 😛

Overall APB has become much more enjoyable and playable. Now we just need servers with proper DDOS prevention and mitigation, ping is pretty much the only thing causing me to get salty now lol

2 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Ive not really seen cheaters nor a dip in player skill at least on Jericho since BE was taken off its leash. 

If anything there are more good players lately. 

same, still getting dunked on by the same people (everyone) and still just as shit as i was before BE

then again i never really cared about who was and wasn’t cheating

Says a lot about G1's Fairfight.

Or you don't see threads like those because nobody has been banned.
I see more and more blatants everyday.

There is 1 thing i DID notice besides those posts being made on forums...
People that used to play blatantly suddenly plays decent... idk if i'm the only one that notice this...

23 minutes ago, Sayori said:

Or you don't see threads like those because nobody has been banned.
I see more and more blatants everyday.

So we need to figure out why you see so many blatants when almost everyone else is not. Is it that you have some superhuman ability to know that every that kills you is cheating? Or is there some other strange reason that no one can imagine? The world Needs to know!

53 minutes ago, NotTheEnforcer said:

Yeah this is pretty much the case now. A few names here and there will always be pretty obvious, but all the people I used to hackusate suspiciously seem much easier to play against now, hmmm.......... 😛

Overall APB has become much more enjoyable and playable. Now we just need servers with proper DDOS prevention and mitigation, ping is pretty much the only thing causing me to get salty now lol

I KNOW RIGHT. Some people I used to play against are just so easy now.

Unless there is some automatic feature preventing "I was false banned" posts from showing up, there just arent any being made.

Im in my office most days just nerding out on the forums, so Im sure Id be seeing them if they were there. (My job is boring)

1 minute ago, CookiePuss said:

Unless there is some automatic feature preventing "I was false banned" posts from showing up, there just arent any being made.

Im in my office most days just nerding out on the forums, so Im sure Id be seeing them if they were there. (My job is boring)

Same. I am just on forums at work most of the time.

3 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

i got 3 screens at work... webdevelopment is my job, there are days(like today) i dont feel like doing crap lmfao