CombatMedic02

Youtube Doesn't Recognize APB: Reloaded as a Game

Hi guys, I was thinking I should probably have e-mailed this but I wasn't sure where to send it and support tickets are overloaded at the moment so I figured this might be best put here as @MattScott or @Lixil might be able to forward it on to someone who can look into it. I've noticed a little problem when uploading my Youtube videos and wanted to raise it so that it might get fixed. Basically Youtube doesn't recognize APB: Reloaded as a game so I am unable to categorize videos under it meaning people that are looking for APB videos would be less likely to discover videos from that game. It doesn't seem to have a Youtube Gaming page and I was unable to find it by typing in all the obvious combinations. APB, APB: Reloaded, All Points Bulletin, All Points Bulletin: Reloaded and so on. It just doesn't exist, which is weird because I swear that it used to? I did a bit of digging:

https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/youtube/fZHlaGZmXAU

Not sure if it's still done the same way but it seems that this sort of thing is set up from a web developer side of things, by linking the website with Google's header code and by setting up a business brand account. (Which you probably already have considering I think you guys have an official channel somewhere.) Just might be something to look into as having this issue sorted out would mean content creators would have more chance of their videos being seen, players can find new channels to watch from the Youtube Gaming APB page and ultimately more people will hear about the game and might start playing from better video exposure. 😀

OyOcj6j.png

Edited by CombatMedic02
  • Like 1

They should remove Reloaded from the name anyway tbh.

Edited by Kiida
  • Like 2

Game can't be reloaded if it never was reloaded

For advertising purposes, maybe this is important. 
Although I'd rather have some famous people stream this game so we get newer players but for those newer players to stay we might need better matchmaking, and a few other things worked on first.

considering the game is no longer developed by reloaded themselves, it isn't insane to think they should also change the name.

5 hours ago, Kiida said:

They should remove Reloaded from the name anyway tbh.

Isn't there a tv show that owns the APB name?

5 hours ago, Keshi said:

APB: Jammed

1 hour ago, Nanometic said:

Isn't there a tv show that owns the APB name?

i don’t think copyright would apply across mediums, but regardless g1 (and now orbit) have technically owned the rights to “apb” ever since they purchased the game from rtw, or at least that’s what i’d assume

2 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

i don’t think copyright would apply across mediums, but regardless g1 (and now orbit) have technically owned the rights to “apb” ever since they purchased the game from rtw, or at least that’s what i’d assume

A.P.B.Identify.jpg

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Keshi said:

*if it was never loaded*

49 minutes ago, a Pair of Socks said:

*if it was never loaded*

yo link me the topic where percocet said that...it needs my like (your signature)

Absolutely no one in the history of Youtube even looks at the "Game" in the description. Lol This also has absolutely nothing to do with LO. This would be with Youtube.

4 hours ago, Spherii said:

For advertising purposes, maybe this is important. 
Although I'd rather have some famous people stream this game so we get newer players but for those newer players to stay we might need better matchmaking, and a few other things worked on first.

I feel like I read this exact same post 6 years ago.

Edited by Sidewayz24

2 hours ago, Zoehh said:

A.P.B.Identify.jpg

Pretty sure it's old enough, and Atari's lack of existence would prevent a lawsuit...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/APB_(TV_series)

It's newer than RTW APB, which holds the name All Points Bulletin, I think everyone just calls it APB because it's easier...

Edited by Sergsininia
replied to another quote.

36 minutes ago, Sergsininia said:

Pretty sure it's old enough, and Atari's lack of existence would prevent a lawsuit...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/APB_(TV_series)

It's newer than RTW APB, which holds the name All Points Bulletin, I think everyone just calls it APB because it's easier...

Pretty sure they sold all of the rights to APB when they sold it to G1, besides didn't RTW go under later anyways?

1 hour ago, Sidewayz24 said:

Pretty sure they sold all of the rights to APB when they sold it to G1, besides didn't RTW go under later anyways?

They did, and the game's full name is: APB: All Points Bulletin (as of RTW). G1 changed the name to APB: Reloaded, so I'm going to assume the original name remains available.

2 hours ago, Sergsininia said:

They did, and the game's full name is: APB: All Points Bulletin (as of RTW). G1 changed the name to APB: Reloaded, so I'm going to assume the original name remains available.

So long as someone else didn't already take it, though that names soiled with bad rep so I doubt anyone but APB would want it tbh.

14 hours ago, Zoehh said:

A.P.B.Identify.jpg

I did see this game up there, perhaps that is why the Reloaded was added in the first place?

13 hours ago, TheAceNinja said:

Absolutely no one in the history of Youtube even looks at the "Game" in the description. Lol This also has absolutely nothing to do with LO. This would be with Youtube.

Like I said, to get your game on Youtube Gaming (as in to get your game selectable from the category menu) the game developer's web developer needs to set it up from a Google Brand (business) account which involves putting Google's authentication code in the header of your website so they can verify you are who you say you are. They then set up the Youtube Gaming page for your game and videos can be added the category and therefore show up on the Youtube Gaming page for that game. So like I said, this definitely requires input from LO.

You may be right in your assumption that no one looks at the game section in the description but that doesn't change the fact that most content creators tag the game their video is featuring and this is then added to the game's Youtube Gaming page. This impacts search results and Youtube's search algorithm which in turn allows more people to see the video. So yeah, you might not look at it but it doesn't mean that it isn't important in terms of getting videos of the game seen.

Edited by CombatMedic02

14 hours ago, Zoehh said:

A.P.B.Identify.jpg

I would love to see this mod in the Racing District.

Hi there,

We’ll definitely look into this. Didn’t even occur to me to check Youtube Gaming to see if APB was a valid game.

Thanks,

Matt

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5

26 minutes ago, MattScott said:

Hi there,

We’ll definitely look into this. Didn’t even occur to me to check Youtube Gaming to see if APB was a valid game.

Thanks,

Matt

Thanks Matt! Glad I was able to help in some way, thanks for the response! Also, thanks for the continual communication and efforts to make APB better for everyone. 😀

Edited by CombatMedic02

Thank you @CombatMedic02 for creating this thread.
I wanted to create it myself but always postponing it...