Sign in to follow this  
Eyepop

Before the Sale Ends, We Need to Know about the Weapon Changes

We've been teased that there are weapon changes coming soon, and now we've gotten a sale that (most) people will be using the buy weapons.  It seems only fair that we should know how weapons are going to be changed before we commit $30 to guns that might become suddenly much less useful:

• Are Whisper/Kris variants going to be brought in line with other OCAs?  Are OCAs as a whole getting nerfed?
  • Is the N-ISS-b finally getting a second open slot?
  • What about the various Mounties?  Generally considered really bad, except one helped along by a bug that gives it the fastest TTK in the game.
  • Is the RFP getting nerfed?  Fang is currently the meta sidearm, so I could see people buying that and then getting mad if it immediately gets nerfed.
  • Same for the NTEC.
Edited by Eyepop
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Eyepop said:

We've been teased that there are weapon changes coming soon, and now we've gotten a sale that (most) people will be using the buy weapons.  It seems only fair that we should know how weapons are going to be changed before we commit $30 to guns that might become suddenly much less useful:

• Are Whisper/Kris variants going to be brought in line with other OCAs?  Are OCAs as a whole getting nerfed?
  • Is the N-ISSR-B finally getting a second open slot?
  • What about the various Mounties?  Generally considered really bad, except one helped along by a bug that gives it the fastest TTK in the game.
  • Is the RFP getting nerfed?  Fang is currently the meta sidearm, so I could see people buying that and then getting mad if it immediately gets nerfed.
  • Same for the NTEC.

No

No

No

No

Anybody else want to guess?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Eyepop said:

• Is the N-ISSR-B finally getting a second open slot?
  • Same for the NTEC.

Yes
Yes
Yes
Yes
Yes
Anybody else want to guess?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Eyepop said:

• Same for the NTEC.

No - Why would they?

No.

Hopefully fixed.

never used an RFP in my life.

Doesn't need to be touched.

32 minutes ago, Eyepop said:

• Same for the NTEC.

No

No

Yes please, broken af
Fang needs slight range reduction imo, IR3 makes it too strong
N-TEC just needs less hipfire/movement accuracy so the corner jump lean meme isn't meta

Edited by Kiida

Hold on, doesn't the Colby 45 still dominate the side-arm game? when did an RFP-9 variant get so prominent?

4 minutes ago, Nite said:

Hold on, doesn't the Colby 45 still dominate the side-arm game? when did an RFP-9 variant get so prominent?

I prefer the .45 AP, but the Fang has both better accuracy (10cm / 6.4cm MM at 10m vs 20cm  /15cm MM)  and greater range (47m vs 40m).

And since its ARMAS only the Fang is also a good argument for APB being at least somewhat p2w.

(.45 AP still has the better TTK tho at .8 vs 1.05)

Edited by CookiePuss

8 minutes ago, Nite said:

FR0G forever lads!

1 minute ago, Caesruul said:

FR0G forever lads!

you mean the 45 AP with 10m damage dropoff?

😛

3 minutes ago, Caesruul said:

FR0G forever lads!

Ya got big dreams kid, but 10m range doesn't cut it in this jungle 😂

51 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

you mean the 45 AP with 10m damage dropoff?

😛

49 minutes ago, Nite said:

Ya got big dreams kid, but 10m range doesn't cut it in this jungle 😂

All i use is the FR0G now. I'd use the colby, but I've gotten too use to the recoil dropoff.

Up close, I can actually land shots on my target without having to compensate for that recoil.

The damage dropoff I don't mind, because I'm normally not going to engage my enemy further than that.

2 hours ago, Eyepop said:

dear god i hope not

1 hour ago, Kiida said:

No

No

Yes please, broken af
Fang needs slight range reduction imo, IR3 makes it too strong
N-TEC just needs less hipfire/movement accuracy so the corner jump lean meme isn't meta

NTECis fine..they just need to buff the other 50% of the guns that are in the game that no one use... like in 2018 who dafuq is using the Misery or oblivion/ or strife? or curse?

Random question.. seems like a decent thread to ask.

Is there really a range effectiveness difference between the SBSR Coroner and the IRS? They show the same on the DB

you know

@CookiePuss

20 minutes ago, Unclean said:

Random question.. seems like a decent thread to ask.

Is there really a range effectiveness difference between the SBSR Coroner and the IRS? They show the same on the DB

you know

@CookiePuss

AFAIK the only difference between the Coroner and the IRS is sprint modifier and the jump modifier... Sprint modifier for Coroner is 6.6 vs 8.8 for the IRS, jump modifier for the coroner is 48 vs 64 for the IRS.

Range is a little harder to say as I do not, and would not recommend owning these guns, but iirc they both have a damage dropoff starting at 75m and ending at 95m.

I also would like to say that until the upcoming weapon balance I wouldnt recommend buying either of these weapons unless you are looking to handicap yourself.

2 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

AFAIK the only difference between the Coroner and the IRS is sprint modifier and the jump modifier... Sprint modifier for Coroner is 6.6 vs 8.8 for the IRS, jump modifier for the coroner is 48 vs 64 for the IRS.

Range is a little harder to say as I do not, and would not recommend owning these guns, but iirc they both have a damage dropoff starting at 75m and ending at 95m.

I also would like to say that until the upcoming weapon balance I wouldnt recommend buying either of these weapons unless you are looking to handicap yourself.

Looks like reload and equip times are different as well... having a hard time figuring out how a giant, heavy scope helps you reload faster and run faster..

1 minute ago, Unclean said:

Looks like reload and equip times are different as well... having a hard time figuring out how a giant, heavy scope helps you reload faster and run faster..

Both should have a reload time of 3.2 and an equip time of 1.2, but yeah these guns have always been a bit of a puzzle to me as well.

1 minute ago, CookiePuss said:

Both should have a reload time of 3.2 and an equip time of 1.2, but yeah these guns have always been a bit of a puzzle to me as well.

the store page says the IRS has a reload time of 2.4 and an equip time of .8.... Maybe it's a trade off for running faster with the Coroner?

I see them as something in between the DMR AV and the old ISSR

2 minutes ago, Unclean said:

the store page says the IRS has a reload time of 2.4 and an equip time of .8.... Maybe it's a trade off for running faster with the Coroner?

Ahh thats interesting I never noticed that the store differed from the database.

@Lixil any idea what the actual equip and reload times are for the IRS?

2 minutes ago, Recenite said:

Hitreg in the JG, jeez the JG is so underpowerd,

The thing to remember about hitreg with shotguns is damage is per pellet, so just because you get a hitmarker does not mean you do full damage. (due to pellet spread)

1 minute ago, Recenite said:

Hitreg in the JG, jeez the JG is so underpowerd,

wait what? I thought the JG has been better than the CSG for a while now since the damages got changed.. but range matters..

for shotguns from highest range to lowest range it goes something like Shredder>CSG/Tas20>JG>Strife>NFAS I believe

Shit am i too late?

yes

no

maybe

i dont know

can you repeat the question

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Unclean said:

wait what? I thought the JG has been better than the CSG for a while now since the damages got changed.. but range matters..

for shotguns from highest range to lowest range it goes something like Shredder>CSG/Tas20>JG>Strife>NFAS I believe

It's not about the damage, both of them kill in a range of 7m, but the Hit Register is flipped up, most of the shots doesn't counts, you don't even hit them but there is a hitmarker and some blood, which put the players like me in conclusion that the hitreg is shit, even tho the hitreg is fine afaik from what I heard everyone saying.

They need to realease DMR AV with 3 open slots so that it's actually a viable weapon 😛

Sign in to follow this