10 minutes ago, Luminesca said:

Doubtful

He wasn't talking about himself. 

9 hours ago, Luminesca said:

Do a bit of research, most if not all hacks have bypasses. Which means battleeye is completely isolated from seeing or blocking the hack injector.

Nah, I'm 2012 vet and I can differentiate between good player, and someone with "assists"

Many of the folks with second chances haven't changed their ways.

I was replying to OP.

Havent seen anyone cheating since implementation and I play everyday

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Luminesca said:

Doubtful

Oh, what do I get for winning the "who's been here the longest" contest?

Also, everyone who's better than me is a cheater. I must know, I've been here since 2010.

90% of the players are cheating

Including you

To me the problem is the learning curve of this game. How is it possible that unless having 1000 or more hours of gameplay you will gonna suck? How is it possible than on bronze servers i get 10+ kills and on silver i get 10+ deaths? Has nobody ever thought about that?

This game is very unforgiving in those terms. And dont get me started on the current "3 untouchable guns" of the current meta.

Something must be wrong.. not just the players cheating or not but the whole game not balanced properly.

Edited by Zealocke

Played like an hour of FC yesterday. My god, the triggerbots where real. 2 blatants with aimbot where not even the highest on the list. Couple of R200+ that seemed to be closets where even higher. 

5 minutes ago, Fasalina said:

Played like an hour of FC yesterday. My god, the triggerbots where real. 2 blatants with aimbot where not even the highest on the list. Couple of R200+ that seemed to be closets where even higher. 

please tell me how you come to the conclusion that someone is triggerbotting.

Actually nvm, reading the rest of the sentence shows that you just throw hackusations left and right.

Edited by Tobii

1 hour ago, Tobii said:

Actually nvm, reading the rest of the sentence shows that you just throw hackusations left and right.

https://imgur.com/CNQqvuc

this guy are at all cheat topics trying to protect their pals who obviouly cheat

like tiggs says once '1 time a cheater, allways a cheater', keep that in mind

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, N0ONE said:

this guy are at all cheat topics trying to protect their pals who obviouly cheat

What? I am clearly defending......no one.. I am asking a valid question

And sure, listening to Tiggs sounds like a good idea! look what that got you. :^)

Everyone is now unbanned. Good job Tiggs! YOU SURE SHOWED THEM!

Edited by Tobii

9 minutes ago, N0ONE said:

Ah yes, the good old "1 time a cheater, allways a cheater.", plus that's entirely untrue and always has been but whatever. I have never cheated in APB btw, never been banned for cheating either, I'm just saying that's a really stupid statement.

8 minutes ago, N0ONE said:

I wasn't going to post that because mweh, incoming argument "BUT FALSE BANS I GOT UNBANNED" blah blah.

2 hours ago, Tobii said:

And no i don't throw hackusations left and right. Someone is always better than you / plays the game more. I look at consistency.

Why is this player 10/10 shooting faster than me and always killing me except for when he is focussing on someone else leaving his back wide open for me to kill him. Why does he instantly shoot me when its impossible for him to have known i've been there. People f*ck up, bots don't. You can never be that consistent that in every situation you get out on top. It's just not possible.

1 minute ago, Fasalina said:

I wasn't going to post that because mweh, incoming argument "BUT FALSE BANS I GOT UNBANNED" blah blah.

And no i don't throw hackusations left and right. Someone is always better than you / plays the game more. I look at consistency.

Why is this player 10/10 shooting faster than me and always killing me except for when he is focussing on someone else leaving his back wide open for me to kill him. Why does he instantly shoot me when its impossible for him to have known i've been there. People f*ck up, bots don't. You can never be that consistent that in every situation you get out on top. It's just not possible.

And the closets? just a feeling? :^)

Just now, Tobii said:

And the closets? just a feeling? :^)

Mostly. But when you are above a blatant botter on the score board something is wrong.

Just now, Fasalina said:

Mostly. But when you are above a blatant botter on the score board something is wrong.

Not really. A lot of the people using bots still suck.

Being above them is easy if you get the right spawns and keep running in to people. /shrug

8 minutes ago, Tobii said:

Not really. A lot of the people using bots still suck.

Being above them is easy if you get the right spawns and keep running in to people. /shrug

14 minutes ago, Fasalina said:

11 minutes ago, Fasalina said:

Like 90% of the hackers I run in to are silvers who don't even know how to use their hacks properly.

13 minutes ago, Fasalina said:

3 minutes ago, Fasalina said:

let's try again. I am not talking about the blatant or trigger, I am giving you the benefit of the doubt here.

The ones you call "closets" on the other hand.

You said it's mostly based on your gut feeling. That means you based it on their score, and not evidence. So what you highlighted above does NOT apply to this.

Edited by Tobii

If you have been in FC actively over the passed few weeks, you will come to know a couple of names, which are often on the top or near it. I can confidently say none of the ones I have encountered, and I have played atleast over 12 hours of FC in the passed few weeks, are cheaters. They can destroy you to the point it becomes frustrating sometimes, but at other times, you win straight up confrontation, even in situations where they should have had the upper hand. I can't speak for the Jericho servers since I only play on Citadel, so my views might be irrelevant to you.

However, what I've noticed since the battle-eye implementation, is a lot less suspicious folks. Before you'd often run into someone you could suspect of using Macros for the perfect firerate, which can often be recognized through the consistency in shooting patterns, no matter the range. What I mean is, even if you get behind them, they will fire at a single tapping tempo rather than going for bursts or full-automatic, which can sometimes cost them their life's. As for triggerbots and aimbots, I find it hard to imagine they are still frequently used. I myself am not that great of a player, constantly on the verge of bottom gold, top silver, and rarely ever run into players that consistently destroy me in situations where I would stand a decent chance. I can track my own growth over the passed few weeks as I started playing again recently, also a Veteran of 2013 though with a lot less time invested than most of you I reckon. And as I measure myself against the players that did me in a few weeks ago, I can state that most of the time now, I have a decent chance of standing up to them and in a flow of brilliance even destroy them like they did to me before from time to time. Triggerbots and or aimbots, will nearly always kill you in the min TTK, I have yet to encounter such a player that does this consistently once more.

Now I'm not a battle-eye fanboy, like someone already stated before me as well, I as well have played a lot of PUBG and have to draw the conclussion, even if it is good anti-cheat software, it has been and most likely still is been overrun by bypasses and hackers tuning their programs well. That doesnt mean however that it is entirely useless, so there's no need to slam on it just because it can't stop all the hackers. The lack of consistency in keeping hackers out in games, which is a growing problem in all games, is due to the hacker market expanding. Ever since Cryptocurrencies and other payment bypasses, they have become easier and safer to sell thus creating a market interest in it.

Though I cannot completely agree with the statement "Once a cheater, always a cheater" I do acknowledge there is a level of truth in there. Since your morals have already defiated once, it is more likely you will bow to it once more, especially if punishment hasn't been sufficiently harsh enough to keep you from it. Like stealing from the cookie jar as a kid, do it once and left uncaught or not punished properly, theres a good chance your boundaries have already shifted to the point you will not stop doing it. It is human nature after all, we all need negative feed back loops for the stuff we shouldnt commit in life and well, those have to be created and upheld by your surroundings untill you yourself will start enforcing it on yourself and others. But thats enough of me rambling on.

Boldly said, a statement I can agree with: Once a cheater, more likely to cheat again. -> So spank that digital bottom till it wont dare sit down for the next month or so otherwise you're not helping the cheater, or their victims.

Personally I think LO to some extend has the same philosophy about cheaters, but had to cut corners (make compromises) because of FairFight and G1st's own mistakes, which is quite sensible. I'd say the community needs to have some faith in their views and movement and support it. Rather than flooding them with needless argueing and discussions which can often be as much of a waste of Bits as they are a waste of time of the authors and or commentors.

Edited by Slickmund
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, killernerd said:

Oh, what do I get for winning the "who's been here the longest" contest?

Also, everyone who's better than me is a cheater. I must know, I've been here since 2010.

Was working in electronics when this game first game out, bought that shit that day. So i win? what do i win? besides having lost all that money for all these years...

As far as cheats and bypasses, yeah shit exists but here is what happens... BE finds out about those and patches for them. So even with people paying money to cheat in a free to play game, they eventually get banned. So they waste money on the cheats and still get banned.

5 minutes ago, SelttikS said:

As far as cheats and bypasses, yeah shit exists but here is what happens... BE finds out about those and patches for them. So even with people paying money to cheat in a free to play game, they eventually get banned. So they waste money on the cheats and still get banned.

Indeed, and since there is no way to gain permanent unlocks through increased grinding rates, besides a couple of cars which barely anyone finds interesting, there's no money to be made in APB by cheating. Unlike PUBG where more wins = more loot boxes = increased chances of getting rare drop = serious cash = no money lost on getting banned and perhaps money gained.

So keep that in mind when suggesting permanent unlocks as well.

Edited by Slickmund

7 minutes ago, Slickmund said:

Indeed, and since there is no way to gain permanent unlocks through increased grinding rates, besides a couple of cars which barely anyone finds interesting, there's no money to be made in APB by cheating. Unlike PUBG where more wins = more loot boxes = increased chances of getting rare drop = serious cash = no money lost on getting banned and perhaps money gained.

So keep that in mind when suggesting permanent unlocks as well.

As long as they are character bound it would be alright though? i think?

What about gathering a lot of interesting items on an account and selling said account then?

1 hour ago, Slickmund said:

What about gathering a lot of interesting items on an account and selling said account then?

Happens either way though. The real fun is when they get banned after buying the account, then the shit storm starts and laughs are had by everyone... except the scrub that bought an account. Until LO decided to do something about the blatant account selling and items for real cash market it is pointless, annoying but can'd do shit about it i guess.

They can't do much about it unless it becomes a frequent thing really. And so I think it's best, not to mention business-model wise, if permanent unlocks stay as a paid for feature of the game.