As an LCR PR2 owner, I definitely want all three LCRs to be put on ARMAS, bonus points if you open the two slots that aren't filled with IR3 or CJ2.

10 minutes ago, LO_Beastie said:
FYI the collision diameter is 68cm, or essentially 83 when leaning and face on to the shooter.
If it helps further calculations, the height is 91 standing, 60 crouching and moving (standing on the balls of your feet), and 53 crouching and stationary.
Thank you so much for this, Beastie.

4 hours ago, Onadan said:

Dog Ear's min TTK is 0.9 (according to DB Vault), while the LCR is 1.2, ~1.14 with CJ3 if all shots hit. So yeah, nope on the Dog Ear, however, if you're talking about the SBSR then yeah, haven't been doing my keeping up here.

Please put all three LCR's back on armas's as a well as the snub nose and its versions.

Well looks like I had been using outdated/wrong stats, apologies. It appears that I have been proven wrong on some points.
I still don't think that comparing theoretical best TTK holds much meaning, nor that hard damage matter all that much in most situations. Especially when it can never be attained due to bloom or other factors.

The LCR is still the better support-fire weapon with great versatility in my opnion, even after taking into considerations all the corrections.

And as far as long distance LCR vs N-TEC goes, the LCR wins hands down, thanks to the quick bloom recovery and longer damage dropoff. You get shredded in an honest mid range shootout though, but not getting caught there is on you.

Sure, the LCR might be lackluster in some area compared to other weapons; but there is no replacement that is superior in every regards. In fact, there isn't even a worse yet reasonable replacement, as it is just too versatile and unique.
In the end, it's down to your affinity with the weapon, your preferences, playstyle, your positioning, the enemy's positioning, lag, FPS and a lot of other factors that can hardly be all taken into account and sumed into a "x is better than y" sort of general answer.
I'm just here to state that there's demands for LCR that have yet to be met, and no good reasons not to meet them.

I'd like to see the LCR PR1 and 2 & Old Glory all kept retired and then for a 3 slot version to be put up. Also give the hipfire accuracy a small buff.
I'd buy it a third time just for the 3 slot version

Edited by Tizzie

1 hour ago, Tizzie said:

I'd like to see the LCR PR1 and 2 & Old Glory all kept retired and then for a 3 slot version to be put up. Also give the hipfire accuracy a small buff.
I'd buy it a third time just for the 3 slot version

I doubt there's ever going to be a 3-slot version since I think they want to control the red mod, so why not just make the PR1/2 and Old Glory have all open slots beside their red mod, and put them back up?
  • Like 1

i'd totes buy the old glory (in fact i dunno why i don't have it) and a 3 slots version of the LCR. was one of my first purchases because i liked how it looked

5 hours ago, Kewlin said:

I doubt there's ever going to be a 3-slot version since I think they want to control the red mod, so why not just make the PR1/2 and Old Glory have all open slots beside their red mod, and put them back up?
That was back when the 'Old Glory' wasnt supposed to be sold due to balance concerns. At some point along the way that went out the window.. and yeah. It's out in the wild now. No putting that cat back in the bag. Besides it has been struggling to hold it's own in a lot of cases these days.. so.. eh.

At this stage I just can't see the harm in it. 

On 7/3/2018 at 6:28 PM, skeller said:

can you take it out of retirement and put it back up? thanks

Yeah this "gone forever" gun keeps coming back, might as well stay back.

Man that was such shady marketing by G1.

7 minutes ago, mynd said:

That was all kinds of annoying. Wish they'd stuck to their word.

1 hour ago, Genobee said:
1 hour ago, mynd said:

That was all kinds of annoying. Wish they'd stuck to their word.
And it wasn't even a matter of wanting the gun to be rare or anything like that.  If they simply didn't retire it, it would have been fine too.  But to market it as a gun that was going away FOREVER, and then not, was such a bad call.  Dishonest af.
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Genobee said:
That was back when the 'Old Glory' wasnt supposed to be sold due to balance concerns. At some point along the way that went out the window.. and yeah. It's out in the wild now. No putting that cat back in the bag. Besides it has been struggling to hold it's own in a lot of cases these days.. so.. eh.

At this stage I just can't see the harm in it. 

The Old Glory deliberately has CJ2 because CJ3 was found to be OP, so restricting the red mod is still relevant.

1 minute ago, Kewlin said:

The Old Glory deliberately has CJ2 because CJ3 was found to be OP, so restricting the red mod is still relevant.
Last I'd heard that was still considered a bit iffy, and had been shelved. This was ages ago of course, and it was during a different point in the games history balance wise. With different people making those calls. So I suppose it isn't too shocking someone else who came along later had a different opinion on it. 

7 hours ago, Genobee said:
7 hours ago, Kewlin said:

Last I'd heard that was still considered a bit iffy, and had been shelved. This was ages ago of course, and it was during a different point in the games history balance wise. With different people making those calls. So I suppose it isn't too shocking someone else who came along later had a different opinion on it. 
Per Revoe, in 2013
Heh

The gun is pretty good with CJ in it, so good that I had to take CJ3 out and put CJ2 in. It actually killed too fast, the gun is laser beam accurate and CJ doesn't affect it, so with MS you were just running around with 5 shot kill rail gun that fires quick.

It was pretty OP, but I wanted to make it, so I put CJ2 in it, we will see if it is balanced or not...

I'm actually worried.
It was only sold twice because of the reservations about it, but clearly it is not up to par when compared to some other weapons that were released later.

It was also balanced initially around the lack of damage dropoff, so it was always 5STK. Edited by Knite

7 hours ago, Knite said:
It was also balanced initially around the lack of damage dropoff, so it was always 5STK.
But not that its STK now only increases to 6, so it barely has a dropoff.

So, the patch just went live, and I tried the "new" ISSR-a.
It's nowhere near a good alternative to the LCR, but I have to admit that I was wrong on the hard damage part, it has some uses.

However, the ridiculously low bullet per magazine on the ISSR-a makes it a much worse alternative to the LCR, not to mention it has to be tap-fired if you want any accuracy. And even if that wasn't the case, the low bullet per mag just makes it a very crappy weapon that can't be used for suppression fire, which is where the LCR really shines.

Aa TTK of 1.2s is hardly a too heavy disadvantage with 75m range and a 24 bullet mag.
Incidently the OBIR also has 24 bullets and 1.2s TTK, well at least that's what they want you to think, it has 8 shots so you may also say that it has 8 "bullets" for all intents and purpose.

There is no weapon that can compete with the LCR in its category:

• 75m range
  • 4800 damage during 7.2s per magazine
  • virtually no bloom during full auto
Sure, the longer TTK and accuracy are worse than other weapon it has been compared to, but even the Obeya CR 762 to which it has been compared to incessantly in this thread only has 3675 damage per mag, so it's not an acceptable replacement.

And the ISSR-a is sure as HELL not an acceptable replacement either, with only 3060 damage per mag. That's a little worse than 65% of what the LCR offers; it might seem dumb but the reload time is only 0.05s faster (so virtually identical) yet packs much less kill potential, and it's the real reason why the ISSR-a will NEVER be an acceptable substitute for the LCR.

I see no single good reason not to reintroduce the LCR. We're three pages in and not one has been given. The only criticism has ben "lol it's bad there are better wepons lmao". Well isn't that a GOOD thing? or do you want armas market exclusives to be BETTER than the weapons you can get from NPCs? And there are weapons that are equally bad, or even worse than the LCR still on the market, so the "unhappy customers" reason is also not an acceptable one at this point.

There's also been the criticism that it's a "noob's weapon". I don't even know where to begin with that, is there even a definition of a "noob weapon" and "pro weapon" that everybody agrees on? because if there's not then those terms don't mean much. In any event, I failt to see how that would be inherently a bad thing. In my opinion the people who advance such an argument just have no interest in / failed to see what the LCR can offer. Not every weapon is for everybody.

I am still waiting for the LCR to come back.
I mean come on, they even reintroduced the shotgun pistol from the friggin beta!

I have been accused if cheating more than a few times because I was dropping soo many ppl. 
Keep your range, hold button down and aim and they start crying. 

Hello! There is a reason that in the game start up tips it states. 
"When you absolutely must get your shots on target, choose a LCR"

OOOPS, forget everything I said. 
YEA it SUCKS! 

On 8/10/2018 at 7:50 PM, Onadan said:

ISSR-a.

the issr-a is and always has been a midrange assault rifle (50m dropoff), it’s never been a direct competitor to the lcr

the issr-b is the sniper rifle variant with an 83m range and is far more versatile than the lcr imo; high hard damage and pinpoint accuracy allow it to be used on vehicles just as easily as people, while it’s (relatively) low ttk of .9s and full mobility allow it to remain somewhat competitive at closer ranges 

i do agree that there’s no reason for the lcr to remain “retired”, especially since that gimmick was only used to scare people into purchasing 
  • Like 1

they want to buy ? ?  give them !  put the guns on the market for a week . the topic is closed.

Edited by Yood

The new LCR Old glory is crazy fun to use but that's probably because of the buff that compensates improved rifling's debuff on the PR1 and PR2.