MethLab

Asthetic Advantages

Now I've been told so many guns are just reskins or hybrids of others but some guns i seem to do so much better with its reskin or its base vs its reskin or base.

For example, i have such trouble with the N-tec, but as been told its reskin is the CR-5 which i do so much better with.

Another example is the Whisper vs the OCA and i do so much better with the OCA.

Color me crazy, or maybe its just instance by instance, but I think the sound of the gun and imagination of my character using that gun makes me better.

With you on the CR-5/Ntec thing.

I can do well with the NTEC, amazing with the CR-5, but the Sword just turns me off so much because whoever thought it'd be a good idea to make a brick shattering on concrete into a gunshot apparently didn't think it through too much.

• Like 2

Placebo is strong.

For me the placebo effect goes Ntec > cr5 > Sword

Makes no logical sense, but its there nonetheless.

Aesthetically pleasing sounds and even looks (depends on user) can give a placebo effect. You are at your best when you feel the most comfortable.

Mute all the sounds, video compare, or even if someone was able to potato the weapon model completely...they are the exact same.

• Thanks 1

My han Veo feels faster with the coywolf kit on.

• Like 2

cr5 recoil pattern is different than ntec and for me the ntec is easier to control

the carbine and the stac 10 is a reskin but my hitreg with the stac10 is so nonesxistant that i can wreck much harder with the carbine

Obeya and clr762 and spartan are the same, i still feel like sometimes the clr762 is more accurate.

atac....well its an atac u dont even have to aim lol...

JG does 80 upclose while csg and tasz20 is 55 if i'm not mistaken but the tasz and csg has a longer range than JG(bulletspread) but i feel like the tasz20 does me way better than the csg and jg. The strife does 85 but u gotta be lucky.

NVHR and PSR the same quickswitch +85 unless you using the silencer one depending your range after 90m the damage will lower.

Scout/pathfinder same +55

Shaw and medusa/euryale If you can handle the switches and quick recoil handling(usually having the muzzle) you good

OCA/C9Wasp/Stiletto well closerange spray and pray
PMG/Bolt ezGuns

Other guns i didnt mention are irrelevant and weak and needs a buff because people barely use those primaries

Edited by Keshi
Forgot the OCA

3 minutes ago, Keshi said:

cr5 recoil pattern is different than ntec 

?

8 hours ago, MethLab said:

the whisper and the oca are different weapons

anyways yes most people experience placebo effect with reskins

i loathe the sword, harrier, and bolt personally

which sucks because i love how the ump looks

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Spudinskes said:

Doesn't the Whisper have less recoil? Can someone confirm

Yes, silencers reduce recoil. Not that it matters as the gun has barely any recoil to start with.

All Ntec skins suck compared to ntec

All HVR skins suck compared to HVR

STAC 10 scope is best Carbine skin

Otherwise all reskins seem equal on placebo effect. I don't play worse or better depending on the reskin besides the ones i mention above. I guess I just like the base weapons lol.

Placebo is too strong on the n-tec. I suck so much using a CR5 or a VAS-R2 and do amazingly well with the stock skin

try to play with no sounds 

Edited by TackoGirl

14 hours ago, MethLab said:

I face palmed so hard that I think I might of broken my nose.

It is the same gun but did someone forget about the preset Suppressor mod that is built into the Whisper?

5 hours ago, Spudinskes said:

Doesn't the Whisper have less recoil? Can someone confirm

1 hour ago, VickyFox said:

I face palmed so hard that I think I might of broken my nose.

It is the same gun but did someone forget about the preset Suppressor mod that is built into the Whisper?

The Whisper has less recoil and greater range than the standard OCA and greater range than the OCA SD. 

The Whisper is NOT an OCA reskin. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Play with no audio, you'll do just as good

The silencer plays the sound twice placebo works when you actually hear 2 shots instead of one.

Whisper and OCA are different btw.

And coming from someone who thinks HVR is in a fine place balance wise, I'm not really surprised lol.

22 hours ago, MethLab said:

Now I've been told so many guns are just reskins or hybrids of others but some guns i seem to do so much better with its reskin or its base vs its reskin or base.

For example, i have such trouble with the N-tec, but as been told its reskin is the CR-5 which i do so much better with.

Color me crazy, or maybe its just instance by instance, but I think the sound of the gun and imagination of my character using that gun makes me better.

I think the sound helps. I used to be like CR5 over NTEC  but now I actually reverted. Could be just a small placebo thing.

13 hours ago, Nickyan said:

Yes, silencers reduce recoil. Not that it matters as the gun has barely any recoil to start with.

That combined with longer range I would definitely consider an advantage over the oca since the the falloff damage greatly decreases over a small distance

Edited by Spudinskes

it's placebo caused by the sound. i do great with the vas because i can tap better according to sound. same with cr5.