MattScott

6 Days of Player Appreciation - Free Premium & ARMAS sale

On 7/3/2018 at 5:36 AM, MattScott said:

6 Days of Free Premium
Thanks,
Matt

while this is really nice to have, i think this would have been better as a code. Not everyone has the same "free time" to enjoy this 6 free days. A code that is only good for the month of July though. Something like the following:

LittleOrbit

July4th2018

11 hours ago, Tsumori said:

It's understandable that they already going for a sale, someone needs to pay the "workers" <:^)

I think it's more due to people constantly begging for a sale than them actually needing to rake in some quick cash.

If they had wanted to do a quick cash-in, they would have started with massive sale(s) instead of taking their sweet time to acutally start fixing our problems one by one...

Would love to play and use my premium. but the day it comes out is the day I left to go thousands of miles from my home. I cri D_:

Is it at all possible for you guys to put the valentines weapons on armas for this sale?

7 hours ago, foolish ninja said:

it feels so shady that they reduce the cost of g1c RIGHT after the sale ends. sounds like scam to me

i want you to think really really really hard about the definition of a scam

if someone tells you upfront what they're going to do then they aren't a very good scammer

Edited by Uru!
  • Like 1

@MattScott

Since you are doing stuff related to armas...

Can we please get UNPACKED versions of PACK EXCLUSIVE guns? 

(revalations pack / juggernaut pack)??? 

4 hours ago, Thelnformer said:

@MattScott

Since you are doing stuff related to armas...

Can we please get UNPACKED versions of PACK EXCLUSIVE guns? 

(revalations pack / juggernaut pack)??? 

only if they make the weapons have the same price standards as other solo weapons being sold... The revelations Pack is by far the best bang for your buck

I'm all for the people asking for "limited time" weapons to come back for this sale. I didn't get to pick up the LCR "Old Glory" and Independence Day just passed... so...

Edited by Unclean

Any chance for valentines weapons? Or we will have to wait 7 months?

On 7/3/2018 at 5:54 AM, F0E said:

People who get a ping >100ms consistently over the course of 5 minutes should just be kicked from server...

Edited by Sniperturtle
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Uru! said:

i want you to think really really really hard about the definition of a scam

if someone tells you upfront what they're going to do then they aren't a very good scammer

it is called scam in a legal way.

they could make the sale and the cost reduction of g1c at the same time, but they didnt.

youre paying 20% more than in 1week later (excluding the sale).

there is more to it but i want to keep it simple and not turn this into a debate.

i hope you understand this situation.

Armas prices are getting reduced (and g1c value bumped by 20%) after this week.

I assume having premium when the new prices come back would be 50% off the prices.

2 hours ago, Zolerox said:

Armas prices are getting reduced (and g1c value bumped by 20%) after this week.

I assume having premium when the new prices come back would be 50% off the prices.

Nah, you get 20% off with premium, and now you get another 20% off because of the new g1 ratio. that's 0.8*0.8=0,64 of the usual price - so 36% off. The sale is 50% - and it didn't sound like they would change the item prices for now - but maybe at a later point. Which seems fair.

Edited by neophobia

@MattScott @Lixil

I have more than 15 characters and buying same packs for all of them for the full price is ridiculous. any chance we get account-wide clothing packs soon? until then I'm holding my money. thanks for free premium though.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, slot said:

@MattScott @Lixil

I have more than 15 characters and buying same packs for all of them for the full price is ridiculous. any chance we get account-wide clothing packs soon? until then I'm holding my money. thanks for free premium though.

support quote

Why is upgrade from character lifetime to account lifetime not discounted and why is price of upgrade higher than g1c difference between char and acc lifetime lmao.

1 hour ago, gogeo said:

Why is upgrade from character lifetime to account lifetime not discounted and why is price of upgrade higher than g1c difference between char and acc lifetime lmao.

The concession we had to make to get G1 to implement the account-bound upgrade feature (it wasn't always an option) was that the upgrade would cost the difference plus a percentage fee on top of it (IIRC it's 20%, but it's been years since the discussions about this went down). Be glad that you even have the option for it at all... although it would be nice if LO could be the better company and remove that fee.

I gave in and spent money again. I know i fell off the wagon.

13 hours ago, slot said:

@MattScott @Lixil

^This. Please. If the next major ARMAS action is this, you'll make SO many people so happy.

15 hours ago, neophobia said:

Nah, you get 20% off with premium, and now you get another 20% off because of the new g1 ratio. that's 0.8*0.8=0,64 of the usual price - so 36% off. The sale is 50% - and it didn't sound like they would change the item prices for now - but maybe at a later point. Which seems fair.

You're trying way too hard with that math lol... base prices are staying the same, but you will get 25% more g1c for the same price after the 9th. We have a 30% discount right now that stacks with the premium discount.

If you have more than 6 days of premium and only plan on buying weapons, I'd suggest waiting to buy g1c.. after the sale you can use the "free trial" function to get a temporary discount on top of the 20% discount with 25% more g1c

31 minutes ago, Unclean said:

You're trying way too hard with that math lol... base prices are staying the same, but you will get 25% more g1c for the same price after the 9th. We have a 30% discount right now that stacks with the premium discount.

If you have more than 6 days of premium and only plan on buying weapons, I'd suggest waiting to buy g1c.. after the sale you can use the "free trial" function to get a temporary discount on top of the 20% discount with 25% more g1c

The trial and premium discounts total to 35% off, right? So that puts prices at 65%, and the G1C increase is effectively a 20% off for 80% price, which makes 0.65 * 0.8 = 0.52 for a total of 48% off. . .

. . . so it's not a huge difference, but loyalty rewards aside it's technically slightly better to buy guns things now than later, and anything you can't trial is much better to buy now than later.

9 hours ago, Kewlin said:

The trial and premium discounts total to 35% off, right? So that puts prices at 65%, and the G1C increase is effectively a 20% off for 80% price, which makes 0.65 * 0.8 = 0.52 for a total of 48% off. . .

. . . so it's not a huge difference, but loyalty rewards aside it's technically slightly better to buy guns things now than later, and anything you can't trial is much better to buy now than later.

except you're getting 25% more G1C when purchasing, not 20% more

35% off with 25% more is effectively 60% off weapons that offer a free trial

But yeah, if you're buying bundles, cars, clothes, slots and so on... buy now

2 hours ago, Unclean said:

except you're getting 25% more G1C when purchasing, not 20% more

35% off with 25% more is effectively 60% off weapons that offer a free trial

But yeah, if you're buying bundles, cars, clothes, slots and so on... buy now

I didn't learn calculus to be told that 25% more currency doesn't equate to an effective 20% discount, nor that you can just add percentage multipliers from different sources. . .

so here's how this actually works out.

So say you want to buy something worth $50, or 4,000G1C, right now it's real simple (excluding potential Paypal bonuses.) Everything's 50% off, so you buy $25 worth of G1C ( (25 / 5) * 400 = 2,000G1C, and 2,000 * 2 = 4,000 ). Bam, you spend $25 and you've got enough to buy something worth 4,000G1C at 50% off.

Now in the future, without sales and with a trial, it'll be a little harder. Premium and trial discounts add up to 35%, which means we need to multiply the price by 1 - 0.35, and 1 - 0.35 = 0.65, so we have 0.65 * 4,000 = 2,600, so we'll need 2,600G1C to buy this item. G1C is going to be a simple 100G1C per $1 (albeit probably still in increments of $5) so we just have 2,600 / 100 = 26, so it's going to cost $26 worth of G1C to buy this 4,000G1C weapon with the premium and sales discounts. So if we discount the fact that we're going to need to buy $30 worth of G1C most likely to buy this anyways, we can figure out the percentage of the old price by calculating $26 / $50 = 0.52, take the percentage you're paying and convert it to a percent off and you get 48% off.

Or you could just do what I did in my head to calculate this before, and realize that 80G1C / 100G1C = 0.8, which equates to an effective 20% discount, and realizing that the 35% and effective 20% discounts apply one after the other, and thus apply them as such, and you easily get that it's an effective 48% off.