MattScott

6 Days of Player Appreciation - Free Premium & ARMAS sale

On 7/2/2018 at 10:54 PM, F0E said:

Your video has nothing to do with the topic. You're just ego boosting.

Edited by Kivron
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, MattScott said:

Effective 12pm PDT on Monday the 9th, we will be adjusting the amount of G1C that you get for each $1. Right now $1 gets you 80 G1C. I don't like that. It makes ARMAS pricing confusing and hard to figure out. Moving forward $1 will get you 100 G1C. Not only does that make the pricing much easier to understand, but it lowers the cost of all ARMAS items by 20%. Permanently.

A really good change imo - but accountbound permanent weapons are still around $35 outside of sales. Sure, permanent for all character is quite the feat but it is still ridiculous, considering that whole games are valued at that price.

I do own around 65 of them alone, along with legendaries - but I wouldn't consider my willingness (along with people with bigger or similar inventories) normal.

Even buying 3-4 weapons is quite pricey, which should be considered quite normal though - ofc, you can lease them or equivalents way cheaper or free ingame in many cases - but I wouldn't consider owning an inventory with one weapon permanently per range/case worth 120 dollars.

There were starter packs etc. from G1 which seemed like a step in the right direction though.

To be fair, most of the ARMAS weapons are 3-slotted too which supposedly also justifies the price. You don't need mods that bad so cheaper 0-2 slots could be a solution - however the prices for the best of the best - 35 for a 3slot permanent for all chars still doesn't seem worth as much as a whole game to the average consumer. I don't think normal people would consider this a reasonable investment, even if you like the game a lot and want to support it and wanna have good stuff along that.

My propose would be to lower the prices to around sales niveau - maybe another 20% less and only do small sales, that would lower the prices to 55% of the current ones. I already own basically everything I'll ever need so this is not really just in my interest but ye, just to put it in consideration. I guess this would be reasonable in a bit more far future though, as it's obvious that you made some investment to buy APB and want to see some revenue now. Just maybe - maybe - to make it more appealing to new players that come along with 3.5/4.

Edited by neophobia
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, DeadlyHellhound said:

Will players who purchased ARMAS items before the price adjustment get any kind of G1C compensation after the new prices for the stuff they've purchased? :classic_blink:

Like, perhaps since there's going to be a 20% price reduction to everything, can players who purchased items prior get 20% of G1C back from those items? 

Whatever you're smoking, you'd best have enough to share cause that's some dank shit.

Of course this would never happen, they'd outright kill the future of the game due to pissing away millions. I alone would get several hundred dollars worth of G1C at that 20% rate, and I'm not even the biggest whale in this community.

5 minutes ago, Hexerin said:

Whatever you're smoking, you'd best have enough to share cause that's some dank shit.

Of course this would never happen, they'd outright kill the future of the game due to pissing away millions. I alone would get several hundred dollars worth of G1C at that 20% rate, and I'm not even the biggest whale in this community.

Worth a shot 

What about the royalty rewards? The double bonus on them has been disabled, making it pretty much impossible to get. Even more now that items will be permanently cheaper.

Items wont be permanently cheaper you'll just get 20% more g1c when buying them instead of 80 per 1$ you'll get 100... that means you'll spend more g1c and unlock rewards faster

Sale still going when g1c cost is reduced? At the moment prices are still ridiculous when buying account bound. Just make them the price character bound weapons are. Wanting to get 3 weapons, looking at the price I need to pay for them holds me off. $65 for three account bound :(.

1 hour ago, gogeo said:

Sale still going when g1c cost is reduced? At the moment prices are still ridiculous when buying account bound. Just make them the price character bound weapons are. Wanting to get 3 weapons, looking at the price I need to pay for them holds me off. $65 for three account bound :(.

Just buy char bound and if you feel that you need that weapon for new character, spend extra 400-500 g1c to make it account bound.

No hate @MattScott the only problem with the 6 day Free premium code is that the server are lagging and the fun goes fly away,

So you can not fully exploit the potential of premium code 😅 maybe wrong time.

but thank you very much,

I appreciate that :classic_blush:

Edited by TackoGirl

You have overpriced items and then have "SALES", where the prices gets down to the level they should be, and people get the illusion that it's cheap because it's on sale.

20% permanently cheaper G1C is something, but guns are still like 30 bucks account perma, EACH. People can get a good steam game for that.

Say you're new and decide you want to get 3 months premium and only 3 account-wide guns:  That's over 100 USD (with the new prices). How many steam games do I get for that? 3-4-5?

You need to cut the prices a lot more, increase reputation as much as possible and then remove sales. Then people will buy stuff instantly whenever they want them or there is anything new because there are no sales to wait for and the prices are already fair. If you think you need sales, check if Apple has sales. Check if they make money.

Edited by SilverCrow
  • Like 8

Nice, Interested to see what the special events will be.

• Like 1

Literally spent 500 euros last week on the game... This post actually makes me so mad. I want to be happy because you're doing a great job but  god damn I could've saved so much...

(ps Loyalty rewards on console would be great.)

Edited by Xue

I love that you're providing everyone with free premium, and the pricing adjustment is very necessary.

As a side note though, it's a bit weird announcing an Armas sale right before that pricing overhaul, or even, to literally end that sale by overhauling the general value of the G1C currency. I guess the idea is that there is now a higher discount in total than there will be permanently after the change. It would have been an option to first adjust the currency, and then add a small sale on top of that. It might be a little irritating to some the way you're doing it. 

However, it really is appreciated a lot. Thanks!

3 minutes ago, thelinux said:

I love that you're providing everyone with free premium, and the pricing adjustment is very necessary.

As a side note though, it's a bit weird announcing an Armas sale right before that pricing overhaul, or even, to literally end that sale by overhauling the general value of the G1C currency. I guess the idea is that there is now a higher discount in total than there will be permanently after the change. It would have been an option to first adjust the currency, and then add a small sale on top of that. It might be a little irritating to some the way you're doing it. 

Same here i find it weird that the sale ends right before the price adjustment

Also, what about 50% off loyalty rewards. Makes me just spend a bit more so I can unlock that weapon. Your first sale should be a big sale ! 😉

• Like 1

I won't be able to log in till friday, will I loose these premium days?

1 hour ago, Ignas / qsn said:

Of course it's nice to see that you are gifting something to the community, but I have a question.

Will the prices change of Loyalty rewards? Because spending 560 euros to get Euryale seems a bit expensive imo.

I think the problem is not the required amount of spending to get it, but the fact that the 2 slot AMG (such as the Euryale) isn't available outside of loyalty rewards. This could be fixed by making the as of yet unreleased "Stheno" variant available as a regular ARMAS weapon, or perhaps even as a lease from a future contact. I'm pretty sure this was planned at some point, that's why the Stheno exists.

Most other loyalty weapons are reskins so they aren't big game changers anyway, just nice to have for people who don't buy reskins or 3 slotted F2P weapons.

• Like 1

zmXLgvW.gif 

best news ive heard all week. scratch that in the past 2 years.

this is great :') ty Matt ❤️
I mean its like a little cheaper but its ight... items are still expensive but a liiiiiitle cheaper...its a start...think i'll still wait tho. Key to the world is still super expensive lmfao

Edited by Keshi

4 hours ago, neophobia said:

A really good change imo - but accountbound permanent weapons are still around $35 outside of sales. Sure, permanent for all character is quite the feat but it is still ridiculous, considering that whole games are valued at that price.

I do own around 65 of them alone, along with legendaries - but I wouldn't consider my willingness (along with people with bigger or similar inventories) normal.

Even buying 3-4 weapons is quite pricey, which should be considered quite normal though - ofc, you can lease them or equivalents way cheaper or free ingame in many cases - but I wouldn't consider owning an inventory with one weapon permanently per range/case worth 120 dollars.

There were starter packs etc. from G1 which seemed like a step in the right direction though.

To be fair, most of the ARMAS weapons are 3-slotted too which supposedly also justifies the price. You don't need mods that bad so cheaper 0-2 slots could be a solution - however the prices for the best of the best - 35 for a 3slot permanent for all chars still doesn't seem worth as much as a whole game to the average consumer. I don't think normal people would consider this a reasonable investment, even if you like the game a lot and want to support it and wanna have good stuff along that.

My propose would be to lower the prices to around sales niveau - maybe another 20% less and only do small sales, that would lower the prices to 55% of the current ones. I already own basically everything I'll ever need so this is not really just in my interest but ye, just to put it in consideration. I guess this would be reasonable in a bit more far future though, as it's obvious that you made some investment to buy APB and want to see some revenue now. Just maybe - maybe - to make it more appealing to new players that come along with 3.5/4.

the playerbase isnt big enough for them to lower the prices that much they still need to make money and by selling accountwide weapons for 10-20$ they wont with the amount of players

Nwf9FMe.png
just bought G1C for 121,9 USD the last 2 weeks and got 10000 G1C for that #feelsbad
Not to mention how much more i could have bought with that amount of G1C during the Sale.

@MattScott is there a chance to get the G1C differents retroactiv ( idk last two month´s or something like that) ?

Edited by Narkortis
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, thelinux said:

Who knows, maybe it's because a 10% sale  doesn't look that impressive compared to 30%.