MattScott

6 Days of Player Appreciation - Free Premium & ARMAS sale

Hi everyone,

Ā 

Little Orbit has now been running the game for nearly 2 months, and during that time I've gotten two common questions:

• When are we getting a sale?
  • When will I adjust the prices in ARMAS?

Ā 

Honestly, it's taken a while for us to learn how all the systems work. As much as I would have liked to run something sooner, we just weren't ready. I also feel that only running a sale sends the wrong message, because you have to spend money to benefit. Instead for the upcoming holiday, I wanted to show our appreciation for players and give away something that wouldn't require them to spend money to enjoy.

Ā 

I am pleased to announce that starting at 12pm PDT on Tuesday the 3rd and running through 12pm PDT on Monday the 9th, we will be implementing 6 Days of Free Premium as a way to show our appreciation for the players of APB: Reloaded. It doesn't matter what platform you're on or what region you play in. All you need to do is log in and enjoy it. If you already have Premium, don't worry. We'll be giving you an additional 6 days, so everyone gets a little something.

Ā 

Here is what Premium gets you:

• Up to a 90% bonus to all Contact Standing (XP) gains!
  • 125% bonus to all APB$ (in-game currency) gains!
  • 50% reduced cooldown on activated abilities!
  • Advanced access to customization suites (up to 100 layers)!
  • Extended duration for free Armas trials!

Ā 

We're prepping our new squad of GMs to get in-game and run some special events on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. Lixil will be announcing details in the next couple days.

Ā 

For those of you that have been eyeballing that next weapon or looking at some new gear, we will also be running a 30% off sale on ARMAS.

Since everyone will have Premium, during these 6 days you can get up to 50% off.

Ā 

Lastly, during the Q&A I mentioned that I wanted to adjust the pricing in ARMAS.

So this event is just the beginning, and I want to be 100% transparent about what is going to happen once it is over.

Ā 

Effective 12pm PDT on Monday the 9th, we will be adjusting the amount of G1C that you get for each $1. Right now $1 gets you 80 G1C. I don't like that. It makes ARMAS pricing confusing and hard to figure out. Moving forward $1 will get you 100 G1C. Not only does that make the pricing much easier to understand, but it lowers the cost of all ARMAS items by 20%. Permanently.

Ā 

I hope you guys enjoy the holiday.

See you in-game.

Thanks,
Matt

• Like 55
  • Thanks 49

i would love to play with 999% gains but sadly there are no waterfront districts for me to level contacts and whenever i try to play i just teleport everywhere and die

• Like 3

cant wait for the "only 20%?????" posts

• Like 2

What happened to looking at individual ARMAS items changing?Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

I thought it was previously said that some more ridiculously priced items would get an individual adjustment as you went through the store. Don't get me wrong, a flat 20% change across the board is nice and fixes most items, but some are still quite ridiculous.

Edited by NotZombieBiscuit
  • Like 7

Just now, NotZombieBiscuit said:

What happened to looking at individual ARMAS items changing?Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

I thought it was previously said that some more ridiculously priced items would get an individual adjustment as you went through the store. Don't get me wrong, a flat 20% change across the board is nice and fixes some items, but some are still quite ridiculous.

I assume they plan on continuing to fix things and readjust as they move on. I would also think that they're gonna see how the initial price adjustment works and see where they can go from there

Ā 

This is a good start and a huge step in the right direction imoĀ 

• Like 5

Great!

Actually gonna renew my premium now.

Ā 

Hope to see even more changes to Armas soon.

1 hour ago, BXNNXD said:

cant wait for the "only 20%?????" posts

It's a solid start. Especially since they're moving away from the predatory design (every purchase always leaves you with a little leftover, which preys upon that innate part of the human psyche).

Ā 

However, a simple increase of G1C per USD $1 isn't enough. They need to go through and normalize the price of every item across the entire store. Make everything purchasable with a division of 100 G1C, so that you never have leftover currency. They also need to bring the highest priced items down, it's absurd that the Valhalla's Chosen pack costs USD $70 when it's just a set of four variants of the same gun. Even after all that, there's still work to do to make ARMAS a consumer-friendly experience.

Edited by Hexerin
  • Like 3

. Edited by F0E
  • Like 2

First off, as I already said to you elsewhere, thanks a bunch! This helps a lot.

Ā 

Second, are you looking at premium pricing at all? $53-66 for a year of premium feels a little weird to me personally.

Edited by Kewlin
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, Kewlin said:

Ā 

Ā 

Second, are you looking at premium pricing at all? $54-66 for a year of premium feels a little weird to me personally.

5$ a month seems about right when comparing it to other F2P game's 'Premium'.

Everyone is MachoMan on this blessed day

ALk4sDh.gif

• Like 5

Wooo, time for me to drop more money on APB. Again. Thanks for the update on pricing too!

Ā 

Edit: I think @KniteĀ really likes MachoMan

Edited by IROCkiller

This might be a request that not a lot of people want, but is there a chance we could get a subscription option added just for Premium? This of course should be added to the current list of Premium options, just to give some of us who want it the option.

Personally, I just prefer to set up subscriptions so I don't have to keep track of things. One less thing on my already extensive list of things to remember monthly would be a nice thing.

Or have I been dumb all these years and missed the option? lol

Edited by Neonis
  • Like 1

Thank's for a free premium and better Armas prices,gonna get mine 255r with it šŸ˜„

7 minutes ago, Teardrops69 said:

Hate myself for buying stuff a week ago

Me too.

No stuff on 4th of July? ;o

Ā 

Ā 

Edited by Archon